Secret Porthole Cabin Question

angel dog

Earning My Ears
After doing some research on theser boards, I called and was able to change my cat. 9 cabin for either 5020 or 5520. The price for 2 next Dec. is $1106, includes transfers and insurance. I was sooo excited, the the CM said "are you SURE you want to change the cabin? The view is totally obstructed with a yellow lifeboat." Now I am confesed again. Also, does anyone know if the cabin is smaller than the other cat. 10's and does it have a split bath?

Thank you so much for all of your help.

Same size cabin as the others. The __20 cabins have by far the least obstructed view....barely any obstruction at all. It isn't a yellow life boat in any case, it is barrels and the thing that holds them. There are pictures from each secret porthole room on www.disneycruiser.com When I booked it the cast member said, "Oh, those used to go as cat. 8's" For a free view, how can you go wrong!

we stayed in 5020 and i would guess about 20 percent of the window was obstructed.we loved the location also.(a dead end corridor)so there was very little trafic only from people going to there few rooms not walking thru.
it does have a split bath and is the same size.

Don't believe anything about the secret porthole cabins that you are told by DCL reservations...I have heard some VERY strange (and inaccurate) things from them, although lately they seem to be more familiar with them. Go by what people say on these message board, which is more accurate. They are the same size as the other staterooms in cats. 10 thru 5, and as you'll see by the pics. on my website, there is NO yellow lifeboat in front of any of them! The white barrels contain life rafts, so maybe that is how the rep. got misinformed.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I would go for 5520- that way if they back into ports like they normally do you will have the best view of the islands

any secret porthole is ok we have stayyed in 5022
and 5520 it is a great secret deal .....
peter port hole for price of no port hole..

Rooms 5520 and 5020 are the best secret porthole rooms, least obstructed. We were in room 5020 and the room was great; however, you are right across the hall from where the baggage gets brought in and all the cruise workers use this room and their definitely was a lot of noise from that. We could also hear the people above us.

We are on the secret porthole # 5520 on the Magic March 2th.

My TA told me too that DCL tell her it is only a category 10 cabin.

However, I booked it because I believe the posts on the message board.

I can wait to see my cabin.

:pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!