Secret Pins on back of CM pin holders in parks?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Hisgirl, Nov 10, 2018 at 3:03 PM.

1. Hisgirl

Hisgirl DIS Veteran

My friend just returned from a whirlwind trip and she loves Pins. She said the CMs had secret wonderful pins on the backsides of the pin holders and you had to answer 3 questions to be able to access those pins. Questions about past rides, new upcoming rides, words to songs etc.

Has anybody else experienced this? She got some wonderful pins!

2. jimim

jimim DIS Veteran

That is pretty cool. We just bought a huge lot of pins off eBay for the kids to trade next week. They are going to split them up tonight on which they each want and then they can go buck wild trading.

I don't want them trading the pins we have bought over the years cause they all have memories to them. I'll have to see about this!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. KayaWildfire

KayaWildfire Earning My Ears

Yes, we experienced this in January. It is very cool. And for those of you with little ones, they tailor the questions so they are age appropriate and not all are trivia related. Some are more like what's your favorite ride, etc. And no worries if the kiddos get them wrong, we never had a CM tell them they can't look at those pics if they answered the question.

5. Arianabtd

Arianabtd Mouseketeer

The first time I came across this I had NO idea what the answer was to the question the CM asked me :scared: (I'm not good under pressure LOL)... But another CM came over and offered to answer in my place :P

VAfamily1998 likes this.
  6. Hisgirl

Hisgirl DIS Veteran

I wonder if you have to ask to see these special pins, or they volunteer? We were there in April, June and September and I always look at their pins and no one ever said anything.

7. DisFam4

DisFam4 Mouseketeer

You'll see the backers of the pins facing forward on the lanyard. I've seen it both where ALL the pins are backwards so you can't see any, and where some are backwards and some are facing out. By backwards I mean they are attached to the back of the lanyard so you see the backers facing out.

8. wdwfan22

wdwfan22 Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!

Unfortunately, those big pin lots on Ebay are fake pins. It's not cool to trade those pins in the park. Then everyone else who trades where you did will get fake pins. It's sad that so many people do that these days. A cast member told us that now a days the majority of pins on a CM's lanyard or board that they trade are fakes. So now we try to examine them best we can before we trade for them, but my kids still end up getting a lot of fakes.

9. wilbret

wilbret Mouseketeer

I was wondering the same thing. My wife bought some on Amazon and she was immediately suspicious and returned them. You could just tell the quality was off.

10. SarahC97

SarahC97 DIS Veteran

Any pin lot that you're paying less than $1.50-2.00/pin is almost always fake, especially on eBay and Amazon, unfortunately.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 9:02 PM
  11. mel&me

mel&me DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Thats pretty cool I never knew that Thanks for the info