Second walking path entrance into DHS now closed

cigar95

DIS weakest link
Reported on WDWMagic:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...llywood-studios-now-closed-for-park-entry.htm

Some guests - not many, it seems - know about the shortcut from the parking lot that allows a guest to go through a much less crowded security check on their way to the entrance gate of the Studios. Apparently that trick is no more, as that path is now exit only.

I used to use that way in almost exclusively. No more, alas.

Yea this is VERY disappointing. Last year they would usually have a CM there and a few times told us we couldn't enter there and made us go to the main entrance, highly annoying.

That side entrance was so nice. So much easier to get to the park entrance, avoid the huge crowd, and get in a lot faster.

I would've rather seen a ride or two close over this entrance getting closed

Agree that is sad. We always took that shorter way when walking from the parking lot. Much faster than walking around the bus load area and joining the masses coming in the other bag check.

It's the sidewalk that runs along the outside of DHS's Guest Relations and also the CM entrance building.

It's narrow and usually a Security CM would be there to check bags. It's much too narrow to have a metal detector there.

They had a metal detector setup at that location back in October.
Yup, it's there. (Well, probably not as of today.) And because that path got such light traffic, essentially everyone that takes that route gets sent through the metal detector.

Awww...I saw this trick in a See Ya Reel Soon vlog a week or so ago and had planned to try it out in June. Oh well.

booo hiss.. I loved that security check and even walked around to it from the buses... so much for never a security line at HS :(

booo hiss.. I loved that security check and even walked around to it from the buses... so much for never a security line at HS :(
I could never figure out how to get there from the bus area - did it take you a long way around? (Or maybe I'm confusing it with the tram drop-off area . . . . . in fact, that seems more likely.)

Yea this is VERY disappointing. Last year they would usually have a CM there and a few times told us we couldn't enter there and made us go to the main entrance, highly annoying.

That side entrance was so nice. So much easier to get to the park entrance, avoid the huge crowd, and get in a lot faster.

I would've rather seen a ride or two close over this entrance getting closed

You'd rather have a ride or two close than an entrance close? You like to walk back and forth through this one entrance over and over and over and over, rather than going on an attraction - I can see it.

I could never figure out how to get there from the bus area - did it take you a long way around?
Head for the #1, Pop Century bus stop, walk about 125 feet past it to a crosswalk on the right. Take that crosswalk, turn right onto the walkway. It's a little bit of a walk to Guests Relations from there.

I remember it now. We used it to get to a 8:00 PPO ADR at H&V. We apparently got there before the bag check security, and we were very confused when we got to the turnstyles (before they were tap styles) without going through bag check. We thought we somehow snuck in!

We always used this too. My guess is it's also so people don't cross in front of/across the tram lanes to get over there. Just my guess, plus the staffing issue I suppose.

Last edited:
We used it in November one morning when arriving for rope drop. We had driven over from Pop Century (literally only a 5 minute drive) and were walking to the gate from the main parking lot (to the right of the tramway as you walk toward the park). Everyone walking at the same time as us followed the big sign saying "ENTRANCE" with an arrow pointing in the direction of the bus stops and tram drop-off area.

Instead of following the masses, we crossed the tramway to the second walking path discussed in this thread, where we breezed through security, and joined the lines of folks waiting for rope drop. We just joined the first line on the left (as you face the gate) just past the ticket booths. It was impossible to tell how far behind us the lines may have actually stretched when we joined it, because of the ticket booths obstructing our view. I am sure we got into the park quicker by using the second path.

I probably wouldn't have even thought of going in that way, but when we had left the park earlier in the trip, we exited along that path to walk back to our car. I am glad the path is still available for exiting.

We always used this too. My guess is it's also so people don't cross in front of/across the tram lanes to get over there. Just my guess, plus the staffing issue I suppose.

When we crossed the tramway, it was at the same cross walk that FastPasser mentioned, and there was also a cast member there as well. We asked if we could cross there, and he had no objections, and was in fact quite cheerful about it.

I could never figure out how to get there from the bus area - did it take you a long way around? (Or maybe I'm confusing it with the tram drop-off area . . . . . in fact, that seems more likely.)

cross the tram street next to the pop/allstars bus stops, then walk the sidewalk next to the tram road to the entrance, it was near the restrooms. there is a CM with a crossing guard like sign and cross walks on the road where you go across. It's before the taxis coming from the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter