Sebastian's Worth the Trek?

Lindsey17

Mouseketeer
So based off another thread I'm seriously reconsidering my reservation at Via Napoli. Seems that was a popular opinion to be over rated.

We plan on spending the day at MK and was planning to shoot over to Epcot for the reservation, but now wondering if Sebastian's is worth the trek out of our way? I've heard great things and I'm considering it if the Skyliner is open by then (we go mid to end Aug)Take the bus there from MK and skyliner to Epcot for fireworks. Is this place really worth the extra hassle of getting there? Was really hoping for Story Book Dining, but holy moly is that hard to get a reservation for!

I just posted about it in another thread. I ate there for the first time last month and enjoyed everything about it. Ample portions, well prepared food with a Caribbean flare and bright and airy interior. There's also an open air bar attached called the Banana Cabana. It's a great place to grab a beverage either before or after dinner.

We'll be trying it in mid June and like yourself I've heard good of it.
I haven't figured out the transport yet.

We took a Lyft there from the Swan. Think it was $7 each way.
See if I go that route I have to do Minnie Van's because I need a car seat and booster seats and as far as I know regular uber and Lyft you can only request 1. Coming from MK we would only need it one way though I guess.

Took a quick look at a Disney transport map:

https://magicguides.com/disney-world-transportation-map/

For you, traveling from MK to Sebastian's, it seems to be a straight run via bus. To go to Epcot after you eat I'd opt for the bus again with you deciding on what gate you want to enter and thus which transport to take. Seems it's a direct route via bus to the Main Gate but you can also take a bus to Hollywood Studio and then switch to a boat to the International Gate. No idea how the Skyliners' routes will go but that's another option.

HTH!

We'll be eating there in June. Hoping it's good!

Regarding transport from mk:
Bus will take you to cbr and get off at old port royale. Restaurant is right in there.

To get to epcot: skyliner should be open by then. It is unknown what bus service will be like then. But, you can catch bus to front of epcot from the same bus stop.

Or take skyliner to international gateway. You could either take the internal shuttle bus or walk to the skyliner station, which is cross the resort.

Took a quick look at a Disney transport map:

For you, traveling from MK to Sebastian's, it seems to be a straight run via bus. To go to Epcot after you eat I'd opt for the bus again with you deciding on what gate you want to enter and thus which transport to take. Seems it's a direct route via bus to the Main Gate but you can also take a bus to Hollywood Studio and then switch to a boat to the International Gate. No idea how the Skyliners' routes will go but that's another option.

HTH!

Thanks for the link. Good point if we're going to Epcot anyway we could do a bus again. Duh! Guess I was thinking if Skyliner is open it would be faster since we mainly would go for world showcase.

Thanks for the link. Good point if we're going to Epcot anyway we could do a bus again. Duh! Guess I was thinking if Skyliner is open it would be faster since we mainly would go for world showcase.
If you're going just to world showcase, the walk to the skyliner station at cbr would be much shorter than the walk from the epcot bus station to world showcase.

Ate there last week. I thought it was better than many of the signatures, including California Grill and Tiffins.

The jerk chicken wings were incredible and I highly recommend the goat curry. It was my first time at the resort so I also enjoyed walking around.

Definitely worth the effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!