SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica

Which one out of the 3 would you not visit if pushed for time?

• SeaWorld Orlando

• Aquatica Orlando

• Busch Gardens Tampa

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rhys Harries

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

We've got a 3 park ticket for SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and Aquatica. It turned out cheaper to get this ticket than 2 individual tickets. However we don't have enough days to do all three parks - which would you cut from your plans of the three parks? (we want to fit in a Disney day!)

We have 6 days and also are visiting Universal, Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay during our time in Orlando, if that sways the advice? - we really want to make room in our schedule for a Disney day!

Thanks,

Rhys

I would agree - cut Aquatica - as long as you realize that you have to drive to Tampa for Busch Gardens! :)

I picked Busch Gardens, but that is because it's in Tampa and I'm assuming you are staying in Orllando. Busch Gardens is a lovely park, but it really reminds me a lot of our highly rated local zoo that we have a membership at home for. There are some roller coasters that are good and shows too, so a fun day. With so much to do in Orlando, though, I usually don't go unless I am going to be in Tampa (don't make a special trip).

All that said, for a March trip this year, I got a Sea World / Busch Gardens combo ticket for two days and am doing Busch Gardens, but I am flying into Tampa, visiting my cousin who lives there, staying overnight, then spending the day with him at Bucch Gardnes, and then taking the train to Orlando. My son is flying into Orlando that night, and we will do SeaWorld one day, visit Orlando relatives one day, and do the MK one day. If you are staying in Orlando and want to visit Busch and have a combo ticket, you can get free bus transportation to and from Busch Gardens.

Aquatica is a nice waterparks, so to me it's do you want a waterpark day or do you want a theme parks day with about an hour transportation both ways. SeaWorld to me is the crown jewel and right in Orlando, my must do of the three.

Last edited:

There's no way we would cut Aquatica! If pressed for time, our choice would be to eliminate Busch Gardens Tampa.

Ditto to the above, if you are aware it's a 1-1.5 hour or more drive to Busch Gardens, depending on your location. For reference, it's 1.5 hours between BG and SW right now, at 4:30pm.

I'm not a water park person, so I'd skip Aquatica.

The drive to Tampa may be the deciding factor. If you planned to drive to Tampa then give up Aquatica since you are visiting another waterpark. But if you want to save time then give up Busch Gardens and stick with Seaworld and Aquatica since they are near all the other stuff on your itinerary.

The question should be is aquatica vs volcano bay.
I personally like aquatica better.
Busch gardens is cool and if you cut it short you can hit the beach.

Why not start the day at Aquatica, shower and change there then spend the rest of the day in Seaworld? Make sure to pick a hot day. Skip it if temps are lower than 80.

6-days and all of those parks is doable, but busy. I would only do Universal staying at one of their 3 main hotels. Seaworld can be done in a day. BG can be done in a day. First thing I would skip is a waterpark. They aren't really necessary. They are good for breaking up theme park days.

I don't know if your plans are set in stone, but when we had 3-park Universal tickets, we loved US and IOA, but didn't really care for Volcano Bay. We went for a few hours and left. If I were you, I'd use the aquatica ticket for my water park day and skip VB. Is it too late to change your Universal tickets to 2-park tickets rather than 3-parks? If so, and you really want VB, you might want to do one water park in the morning, and go to another in the afternoon.

For your disney day I would try and go to the after hours party. It really was the best time we ever had at mk. It was the same price as a day ticket. Yes it was shorter time. But there were no lines it was cool out side.

Why not start the day at Aquatica, shower and change there then spend the rest of the day in Seaworld? Make sure to pick a hot day. Skip it if temps are lower than 80.

I disagree with this, as IMHO SeaWorld definitely deserves a full day. SeaWorld is a favorite park for my family.

Different strokes for different folks! We love Busch Gardens and there's no way we would cut it. For us, it would have to be Aquatica.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter