Seattle Shore Excursions on debarkation day

Disneygal19

I love ºoº
I just saw on DCL's website that they have shore excursions for Seattle on debarkation day, with me having a 10pm flight that sounds great since they take you to the airport at the end. To anyone else doing Alaska this summer or folks to know the area have you looked into them and which one sounds the best? :hippie:

I haven't looked at the excursions, but I suspect you will still get to the airport HOURS before you need to. Instead, I suggest you rent a car for the day, spend it doing what you want in Seattle or in the burbs (Snoqualmie Falls, for example), then drive yourselves to the airport.

**I just looked at the port adventures, and the longest tour lasts only 4.5 hours. You really don't want to sit around the airport from ~ 2 p.m. until it departs at 10.

I haven't looked at the excursions, but I suspect you will still get to the airport HOURS before you need to. Instead, I suggest you rent a car for the day, spend it doing what you want in Seattle or in the burbs (Snoqualmie Falls, for example), then drive yourselves to the airport.

**I just looked at the port adventures, and the longest tour lasts only 4.5 hours. You really don't want to sit around the airport from ~ 2 p.m. until it departs at 10.

fyi Sno. Falls is still undergoing major construction. You can see it from the top (at the viewing point) but you can't do the 1/2 mile hike (paved trail) to the bottom (where you can actually go out onto the rocks and feel the spray). It's pretty ugly right now with all the equipment everywhere:( It is scheduled to be done in 2013.

I def agree though with either renting a car and doing what you want (though parking will be tricky if all you want to do is stay downtown, or getting a hotel for the day (to store your luggage) and do everything on foot (very doable) and taking the light rail or a hotel shuttle to SeaTac.

I am not going on that cruise, but I personally would not take their excursions. I would rent a car, put your luggage inside and walk (or drive) around the ports. There are MANY things to do within walking distance right near the port: Seattle Aquarium, Space Needle, Science Museum, Pike's Place Market, and much more!

With a full day, you can do so much in Seattle! Go to the zoo (Woodland Park Zoo is SO much fun and has a gorgeous rose garden--that is free--right out front), explore the Ballard Locks and go to Archie McPhee (some of you will love this, some of you will think it is a ridiculous suggestion...but it is very Seattle!), go to Fremont which is a VERY Seattle neighborhood and explore--find the troll with the VW bug under the bridge, find the statue of Lenin, etc! Fremont is awesome. Kerry Viewpoint has the quintessential view of Seattle--easy to hit this if you have a car.

Of course, with a car, you could even venture outside the city...gasp!

Renting a car is a much better idea. Does anyone know if you can rent one at the port? Also I don't live in the area but is it possible to do a day trip to Forks WA if I get off the boat early and have til 8 to be back at the airport?

Renting a car is a much better idea. Does anyone know if you can rent one at the port? Also I don't live in the area but is it possible to do a day trip to Forks WA if I get off the boat early and have til 8 to be back at the airport?
I rented from Budget downtown and took a taxi there. However, I think Budget (and probably others) run a shuttle bus to the port to take people to their location.

If you don't want to deal with a car, the port will store your luggage. You could take a taxi to Westlake center and be within walking or monorailing distance to most of the major downtown attractions. If you wanted to do a full city tour, I believe that the local Shuttle Express and Seattle Green Limo do add-on city tours with their airport transportation, and if you have 3-4 people, that will probably work out better for you than Disney's.

Quite frankly, overall, I haven't been very impressed with Disney's prices on Pacific Northwest excursions.

You wont make it to Forks. We've driven to the peninsula many times to go camping in the rain forrest and while its a gorgeous drive, its looooooooong. Also, honestly, there's nothing in Forks. I think most of that,movie was shot somewhere in oregon anyway.

Ditto what everyone said. for the price, and for what you have time to do, I would def. rent a car. You can very easily get to Pike Place Market, the space needle, etc by car. Also if you have kids, the Pacific Science Center, and Experience Music Project may be fun, and there is always the aquarium, and woodland Park Zoo!

As far as Forks, that would be a several hour trip, and I agree, you may be disappointed when you got there. ::yes::

Don't drive out to Forks. The area is gorgeous, but it is a LONG drive plus you have to take a ferry first (you could skip the ferry on the way back and drive the length of the Kitsap Peninsula and go to the airport that way...but from Seattle, you need to take the ferry.) I'm not into all that vampire stuff, but I do know that what you'll see there is stuff the town has put up because of the tourists coming in--not stuff that was there prior to the invasion of tourists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!