Seating Limit for Restaurants

MouseWithNoName

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is an info page which shows the seating limit for restaurants? For instance, the most we could find for a Lamplight Lounge reservation was a 6 person reservation. We are wondering if there are table service restaurants that can currently accept more than 6 people for a single lunch/dinner reservation.

Thanks!

I don't know of any inside the park that accepts more than six in the parks. You can make 2 reservations, then go early and tell them you'd like to be seated together or close. They won't guarantee it. In DTD, most do, but you have to call to the restaurant.

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is an info page which shows the seating limit for restaurants? For instance, the most we could find for a Lamplight Lounge reservation was a 6 person reservation. We are wondering if there are table service restaurants that can currently accept more than 6 people for a single lunch/dinner reservation.

Thanks!
I believe the party of six limitation has to do with the state covid regulations right now. Our local restaurants won't let you do more than a party of six; you have to have two separate tables.

I do have a reservation for 8 at Lamplight Lounge on May 21. I think they are really hard to come by. Also, there is currently a reservation for 8 at La Brea for dinner on June 28 (for example).

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
I'm having a hard time finding anything for 5, even in late June which just opened up. There are few restaurants open and for DTD, I think we are competing with non-park visitors. I like the suggestion of two reservations. Might be worth doing just to play it safe. To do that, I think you need to book them on two separate accounts. The system checks for conflicting reservations when you select a time.

I'm having a hard time finding anything for 5, even in late June which just opened up. There are few restaurants open and for DTD, I think we are competing with non-park visitors. I like the suggestion of two reservations. Might be worth doing just to play it safe. To do that, I think you need to book them on two separate accounts. The system checks for conflicting reservations when you select a time.

We are a group of 5 going June 23-27. If you try to get reservations as soon as they open for your day, you can hopefully get something.

We are a group of 5 going June 23-27. If you try to get reservations as soon as they open for your day, you can hopefully get something.

Thanks! I do have a few reserved, just not what we were hoping for (Tortilla Joes dinner, for example).

Is there an exact time they come online? I am checking in the mornings, but not first thing...maybe 7:30-8:00ish. Didn't think it would be so crazy since the Park Passes are not even taken yet.

does anyone know if there are chances for walk ups? i haven't been to disneyland for over 10 years, but when i went years ago we were able to make walk up reservations, even on days when the park hit capacity.

on another note, does anyone know if the DTD locations are doing takeout now?

thanks for any info!

Thanks! I do have a few reserved, just not what we were hoping for (Tortilla Joes dinner, for example).

Is there an exact time they come online? I am checking in the mornings, but not first thing...maybe 7:30-8:00ish. Didn't think it would be so crazy since the Park Passes are not even taken yet.

Reservations seem to be available sometime between 12:45 AM and 6:30. When I got on at 12:45 the other night they weren't up yet. By the time I get up at 6:30 they are there.

I believe the party of six limitation has to do with the state covid regulations right now. Our local restaurants won't let you do more than a party of six; you have to have two separate tables.
Actually, this has always been the official rule, unless you call to make special arrangements.

Actually, this has always been the official rule, unless you call to make special arrangements.
I don't think is true. I've been able to make reservations for 8 without having to call before; and we've been sat at the same table.

I don't think is true. I've been able to make reservations for 8 without having to call before; and we've been sat at the same table.
Depends on the restaurant. For the DTD restaurants, I've made the reservation, then called and adjusted the reservation. 6 was the largest I could get at Tortilla Jo's this past weekend, but I called and added 4 more. They did seat us at 2 tables as they are currently only seating 6, but we were close (and with our table wars, I think the manager was wishing he'd just put us together.)

Depends on the restaurant. For the DTD restaurants, I've made the reservation, then called and adjusted the reservation. 6 was the largest I could get at Tortilla Jo's this past weekend, but I called and added 4 more. They did seat us at 2 tables as they are currently only seating 6, but we were close (and with our table wars, I think the manager was wishing he'd just put us together.)
I don't mean now. I agree now it's 6 people - although I think that is Disney's policy, not the state's because we have done dining with more than that in recent months (all at the same table).

I was just replying to the comment about it always having been the official rule. In pre-Covid times, I was regularly able to book Disney reservations for 8 online.

I don't mean now. I agree now it's 6 people - although I think that is Disney's policy, not the state's because we have done dining with more than that in recent months (all at the same table).

I was just replying to the comment about it always having been the official rule. In pre-Covid times, I was regularly able to book Disney reservations for 8 online.
The official rule was 6 without calling, I think the rule was put in place somewhere around 2017. It may not have been enforced, I don't know, but they made a big deal about it at the time.

The official rule was 6 without calling, I think the rule was put in place somewhere around 2017. It may not have been enforced, I don't know, but they made a big deal about it at the time.
That’s strange since I regularly made them in the app for 8 people all the way up to August 2019.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but it definitely wasn’t my experience at all.

That’s strange since I regularly made them in the app for 8 people all the way up to August 2019.

Yeah, you were lucky or Disney backtracked on it very rapidly.

Different restaurants had different maximums. For example, I could previously do 8 at Cafe Orleans, but only 6 at Steakhouse 55. I was able to do 10 at Lamplighter and Carthay, but only 8 at Wine Country. And only 6 at Carnation Cafe.

Different restaurants had different maximums. For example, I could previously do 8 at Cafe Orleans, but only 6 at Steakhouse 55. I was able to do 10 at Lamplighter and Carthay, but only 8 at Wine Country. And only 6 at Carnation Cafe.
This is more in line with what it was for us (although I could do 8 at Carnation) but it does mean the max of 6 wasn’t a blanket rule. I also wonder if time of year matters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter