SEASONAL annual passes???

Mare

Earning My Ears
Do they still have these at Universal? I can't find it listed on their website.

I have one from last year. The first day I used it to enter a park was November 24 '00. We are heading to Orlando on November 22 '01, and doing Universal Studios and IOA on the 23rd and the 24th. Will my ticket still be valid for those 2 days??

[This message was edited by Mare on 01-20-01 at 04:17 AM.]

Mare, I believe it should work on the 23rd, not sure about the 24th. We just received something in the mail, that if we renew our new two park seasonal pass, we'll get a second year free.

Seasonals have been discontinued. Some tickets have increased in price while the new 2 park Annual went down from $189.95+tax to $159.95+tax
Your seasonal pass will still be honored. They stop selling them shortly after the 1st of the year. You won't be able to renew it.
Several children's (3-9) tix have been discontinued also.
Tix Info.

<A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/~dznefreek/IOAGuide1.html" TARGET=_blank><font color=royalblue>Visit the Unofficial Guide to Islands of Adventure!</A>

In December, I purchased seasonal annual passes for my trip in March. Now I see they are no longer being sold and I notice that even the one for Florida residents is only good through May. Do you think I will have any trouble when I redeem them in March? Do you think they will try to limit them to less than one year? I hope not, I am dreaming that I will discover another deal that will allow me to go back within one year? ;)

Renewals are a little cheaper than buying an annual pass for the first time. My renewal rate in 6/00 was $149 for the 2-park annual pass.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

That' pretty weird. I just received a brochure from Universal, for both the two park SEASONAL and two park annual passes. It says if I UPGRADE to a two park pass by 1/31/01 I can get the the annual for two years for the price of one. I just read the fine print, and it says if I renew the pass (I already have a two park seasonal pass), I only get the 10% discount, and not the two for one. It even lists the days that the seasonal for 2001 is not good for, (including dec 24th 2001 to jan 1st 2002). It says just send the return postcard. I guess I'll have to call to confirm it, but I received a renewal brochure in Dec, and now one in January. My passes don't expire until April, but I was gonna call to see if I could buy them earlier. The two for one deal on the upgrade is a great deal, but was just wondering why they sent me the info a week ago on the seasonal, if is wasn't true.

[This message was edited by Peterd on 01-21-01 at 02:08 PM.]

[This message was edited by Peterd on 01-21-01 at 02:12 PM.]

I stopped in the annual pass office today and they were NOT selling seasonal passes. I was told seasonal passes have been discontinued since the parks have "exciting plans for the future" including new pass options. I was told this by one of the managers in the office. I'm anxious to see what that means! Seasonal pass vouchers that have already been bought, CAN be redeemed at anytime!

Jim

Mahalo for checking, Jim. I feel a little more secure that I will be able to redeem my passes for one year seasonal passes in March. Hope you can meet us when we come. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter