Search function and view new threads?

Alex and Megans Dad

Earning My Ears
Good morning all. I am new here and had a quick question. When I try and do a search, or check for new threads I more times than not get the message "Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator. "

Has anyone else gotten this? Is it something I am doing?

Thanks for the help!

:wave2:

You're doing nothing wrong, Alex and Megans Dad! :) When the DIS is at its busiest, the search function is shut off. If it were left on during these busy times, then the boards would become very slow. So, if you can't complete a search, come back at another point in the day, and try it again.

Hope this made sense? :)

Originally posted by Debi
If it were left on during these busy times, then the boards would become very slow.

DANG! Either the site's larer than my comprehension or the server's an old Commodore 64!

This site is extremely large, BenS. There are over 50,000 registered users on the site, and over one million posts on the DIS. That's a LOT of information, so it's easy for the search to be overloaded. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter