Sea World Partner Hotels, walking vs. shuttle?

K_Disney

Earning My Ears
We are planning a two night stay in late August (first visit) It seems like going with one of the partner hotels is a good idea.

Can anyone tell me if any of them are really within "walking distance" and if you would be insane to try it? I have visions of trying to get my crew across a 6 lane highway or walking 2 miles because our hotel is at the back of the park not the front, etc?

Also, any experience with the hotel shuttles? Would like to avoid parking fees if possible, but I don't want to be too limited in arrival/departure times.
Thanks!

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites, which is a Marriott hotel and an official “on-site” Sea World hotel. The description said it was within walking distance, and at 0.1 miles away technically it was, but I believe that to be the distance to the park's outer entrance. I would not have wanted to walk it with my two children. No six lane highway to cross, but the hotel does have an International Drive address, so there was a street to cross and quite a bit of walking even after you get to the park property, crossing the parking lots and such.

We did not have a car. We used the shuttle and it was very efficient. It wasn’t hit or miss. It was very consistent both days we used it. It wasn’t constant where you could come out at any time and catch a bus like Disney or anything, but there is a printed schedule available at the front desk we could plan our day around. The shuttle was always on time and we never felt like we were stranded or anything wanting to leave.

One thing to note was that there was (at least when we went) just one chance to get on a shuttle to get there prior to the park opening. It was an 8:20 shuttle. The next one wasn’t until about 9:30 or so. So if you want to make the opening and hit the first dolphin feeding or anything like that, getting on the first shuttle is important. The park opens at 9. The buses were very nice and the bus stop was right outside our hotel’s front door. This stop serviced our hotel and the Fairfield Marriot right next door to ours and it made one stop after picking us up at a Renaissance closer to the park. I think the Renaissance was at the back of the parking lot. There was just the one bus stop at the park, but the buses just like the Disney buses have the name of the hotel on the front in an electronic sign. I would not hesitate the book Springhill again.

Have fun

We stayed at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld and loved it! You cross the street and you are in the SeaWorld parking lot. We always walked, so I do not know if they have a shuttle. We are staying there again this Christmas. :dance3:

Claire

Thanks for the good info. Luvmy2babies I read your SW trip report and loved it... nice to see pictures and read about other people's experiences since we have never been. Less than 3 weeks left to wait!

We just got back from Fairfield Inn, located on the same campus as the Springhill one.

I would not walk it with kids. It was 1.2 miles to the entrance of the park, but there is no side walk. Aquatica is closer, but again, no sidewalk, though you can see a path worn into the grass.

You can get the Quick Queue the day before you wish to use it, but you still need to do it in the am as the desk closes around 1.

I will try to post a picture of the shuttle schedule; take a photo of it on your phone so you don't have to carry around an extra piece of paper.

Miscsummer2012fromiphone071.jpg
[/IMG]
We had an excellent stay at this hotel and I would highly recommend it.

Thanks for all of the info!!! We too are looking at a Seaworld partner hotel due to the quick que passes. Shuttle schedule very helpful.

We stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations Resort last year. It is basically in the Sea World Parking lot! :yay: We are staying there again this year or the Express Pass options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter