sea bands for car sickness?

lafa

Mouseketeer
has anyone used the sea bands for car sickness? we will be driving from west palm beach to the port and my daughter (4 yo) gets car sick on drives over an hour. i usually give her dramamine but don't want her to be sleepy for the first day of her first cruise. thanks!

has anyone used the sea bands for car sickness? we will be driving from west palm beach to the port and my daughter (4 yo) gets car sick on drives over an hour. i usually give her dramamine but don't want her to be sleepy for the first day of her first cruise. thanks!

It's definitely worth a try. Tell her that if she wears them she will not get sick. Also, if she should happen to throw up on the way to port, DO NOT mention it when you check in for the ship. I know somebody that did that and then the people at the port questions whether the person was actually sick and not just car sick.

Sea Bands work GREAT!! I get car sick all the time until I bought the seabands. I can even ride the rides which spin me around somewhat(didnt go on the teacups(Ididnt want to chance it) They should really help her, make sure she wears both of them and put them in the right spot. I put them just to the side of then main vein in your wrist towards the thumb(the same spot they feel for a pulse on the wrist.

Make sure you get the child's sea bands. A 4-year-old's wrists would be way too small for normal sea bands, and the bands must fit snugly for them to work.

Sayhello

My daughter has been wearing them (the adult size since this was all we had)
for about a year now (she'll be 4 soon). The difference is amazing, she even asks for them when we forget to put them on her. She used to get sick every time we drove in the car. When someone suggested the bands, we found an old pair from a previous cruise (pre kids) and told her that she would no longer feel dizzy with them. It instantly worked. I just purchased new ones for our cruise in a couple of weeks and now have the child size. Good luck.

thank you everyone for the quick responses!
its good to know that these will help her!
and thanks disney1990 for the heads up about check in!
we are so looking forward to our first disney cruise!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter