Sdmt FP 60+1 morning - is it possible?

Isabelle12345

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Is it possible to get SDMT on the morning for 5 people at 60+1 days?
Obviously I know it depends on certain periods but usually what has been your experience?

We got it for 2 people at 60+1 at 12:15. I think there was also availability at 10 or 11ish, but we're having brunch at Kona Cafe and riding it after that. I don't think there was anything the first hour or so after opening, but I was still surprised by how much easier it was to get than I'd expected. (We're going in 11 days, for reference.)

I was able to grab 7DMT one morning and one evening at less than 30 days on 2 different days for our upcoming July 21-26 trip. Anything is possible.

We got it at 60+1 for 5 at 11:05am. I will say this is the first time we’ve been able to do this since it opened and it’s for the beginning of August.

For August 20, we could not get 7DMT before 2 pm at 60+2 for a party of 2. We ended up with 6:45 p.m. on day 60. Our 60+2 is a party day. Good luck!

We got ours for 60+1 at 5:15pm (9/4) but they had earlier times (all in the afternoon) that clashed with our dining reservation at 4:15 pm, It was our 5th reservation after Slinky Dog for 60+4 (12:40pm), FOP for 60+3 (5pm) and 60+5 (10:20am) and Toy Story Mania for 60+2 (10:20am). Hope this helps with the planning.

This question is almost impossible to answer without knowing when you are traveling. Sounds like it's an easy one to snag if you're going this summer. We went last November (week after Thanksgiving) and could not get SDMT at all for our party of 5 at 60+4. Same story when we've gone in March.

Good luck...

Thanks all for your input
Sounds like it’s doable but mostly on low crowds period
We will be traveling after SWGE so I guess we won’t know until it opens...
I guess I will make a plan B in case we don’t get it!

Booked a last minute trip 2 weeks out and was able to get SDMT FP for our party of four for both our MK days. So don’t fret if you don’t get it on your window! Good luck :)

Don't forget that when your 60 day window opens, your 60 and 60+1 have already been picked over by others for whom those same days were, say, 60+5 and 60+6. The morning spots in the respective IPOs have been taken days ago by the time you signed on.

I would say that the chances of landing a morning FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Slinky Dog Dash on day 60 or 60+1 would be the same regardless of expected crowd level. If you snagged one when you signed on at 7 AM from home then you just lucked out by being presented with a cancellation made a moment ago by someone else doing last minute plans from their resort room.

Last edited:
Yes-we just got it for 6 at 10:40! Just let others help you make the most desired fast passes- three of us logged on this morning at 7 and got Slinky Dog dash at 60+1 but for early evening, FOP at 60+4 for evening, which we wanted, and 7DMT for 60+2.

I helped book fp+ for friends this morning...

7dmt for 3 60+1: earliest was after 2pm
SDD for 3 60+4: earliest was 530p
Fop for 3 60+5: earliest was 1pm

Never been shut out in the am time before like this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter