SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I wanted to try tonight at AK. I have 2 Tier 2s that have already expired this morning. One coming up for FoP, and a NRJ that I wanted to transfer.

@SUSIEQ could you please report back how this goes? I'm very interested in these results!

You must use your initial 3 FPs before you "Change Party" and move a FP entitlement over to the other Profile. If you have a 60-day booking window, everyone listed in your MDE account shares that window. If you aren't staying onsite, everyone has a 30-day window.

Okay thanks. I am onsite but just an FYI I wasn't able to book the 2 members that weren't going to be on the trip at 60 days only at 30. It was no biggie, I got the FP's I wanted though.

Okay thanks. I am onsite but just an FYI I wasn't able to book the 2 members that weren't going to be on the trip at 60 days only at 30. It was no biggie, I got the FP's I wanted though.
It's because the 2 needed to be included with at least 1 onsite person to benefit from the 60-day umbrella.
After booking, Change Party can be used to regroup and then Modify. :)

ScrapYap explains the 60-day share/umbrella concept in her first post.

I read the update and a couple of the recent posts, so I'm sorry if I've missed this answer.

I have old MBs from our 2015 trip on a completely separate, not linked, MDE account. My June 1-5 trip was booked under a new Mde email address.

If I use the old bands and get locked out, it would be on my old MDE account, right? Not the new one that I'm using? I was just thinking that if I do get locked out of the old account, but the new one still works, I'm not going to worry about it until later.

ANGRY GODS
The park gods could simply have made it impossible for guests to use FP (at both kiosks and FP entrances) if their ticket had not been used for park entry - just a flashing blue Mickey and a regretful "sorry" from the CM as she turns you away.

Instead, the park gods are imposing punitive measures on unsuspecting guests. If a guest attempts to enter a FP attraction with a band or card that is not linked to a ticket that was used for park entry, the MDE profile will be locked. (Might ALL the profiles on that MDE also be locked??)

So what's left for us?
At the moment, it appears that guests will still be able to reassign FP from a guest not in the parks to a guest who is in the parks.

The advantage here is that you can choose your 4th FP of the day up to 60 days before your arrival. If you are resort guests, your 60 day booking window can umbrella over anyone in your friends and family group on your MDE.

Okay, I want to understand this, so please bear with me. When we were in Disney earlier this week, we spent the morning at AK. I booked a 4th fp for TSMM after dinner. DH decided to stay back in the resort while I went to DHS alone. I couldn't use his fp since he didn't enter the park, so it never got used. Under this new system, would I be able to transfer his TSMM to me? I certainly don't want to break any rules.

Sorry if this is silly question but was is an SDFP? Something to do with old magicband. Just bought my DGS Pluto magic band, it is old style. We go week of 6/3. Will it not work??

Please tell me if this is going to be a problem: I called and had a CM apply the room discount when it was first announced. After the discount was applied, my MDE was messed up, in particular the Make Changes button or the one you use to make payments. It was just a spinning circle of dots. Also, I now had 6 4 day passes instead of the original 4 I had booked, though the additional 2 were clones of my DS and DDIL. I was finally able to get IT to fix the button problem but the clone tickets did not go away. However, when it came time to book the fps, I was only able to book fps for 4 tickets. The 2 clone names are still there but no fps attached. Will this be a problem?

Okay, I want to understand this, so please bear with me. When we were in Disney earlier this week, we spent the morning at AK. I booked a 4th fp for TSMM after dinner. DH decided to stay back in the resort while I went to DHS alone. I couldn't use his fp since he didn't enter the park, so it never got used. Under this new system, would I be able to transfer his TSMM to me? I certainly don't want to break any rules.
You actually would have been able to use the TSMM FP.

After June 6th, you'll need to transfer FPs if the other person has not used a ticket to enter the park. If he's sitting right there and has just decided not to ride, just use his MB.

Sorry if this is silly question but was is an SDFP? Something to do with old magicband. Just bought my DGS Pluto magic band, it is old style. We go week of 6/3. Will it not work??
It will work especially because you are using regular FPs.

This thread pertains to SDFPs which you won't be using.

Read the first post of this thread, although, looks like the loophole is closing.
Well, I finally found it stands for "Same Day Fast Pass". But I don't get it.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to matter.

Personally, I'm not a fan of fast passes in any form.

Here's my Q. Can I book SDFP with my rogue bands in the AM, then visit a kiosk again after using our first 3 (on our main profiles) and transfer the SDFP to our main profiles, one at a time? I'm thinking the options earliest in the day would be better than booking the additional after we use the first 3.

@ScrapYap @hiroMYhero

Here's my Q. Can I book SDFP with my rogue bands in the AM, then visit a kiosk again after using our first 3 and transfer the SDFP to our main profiles, one at a time? I'm thinking the options earliest in the day would be better than booking the additional after we use the first 3.

@ScrapYap @hiroMYhero
I believe the transfer only works from Profiles where valid tickets are linked.

SDFPs can't be Modified or transferred using the app or browser.

You actually would have been able to use the TSMM FP.
I tried but the Mickey head turned blue. The CM let me in anyway. There was no one in the fp line for TSMM after 9:08pm last Friday. I rode in an empty car and no one was in any of the four cars in my row except me. Needless to say, I got the highest score in the vehicle. ;)

Last edited:
I tried but the Mickey head turned blue. The CM let me in anyway. There wais no one in the fp line for TSMM after 9:08pm last Friday. I rode in an empty car and no one was in any of the four cars in my row except me. Needless to say, I got the highest score in the vehicle. ;)
Yay! :) Thanks for clarifying. It appears they have been activating bits and pieces of this forthcoming update.

Transferring will be your only option to use FPs if he doesn't enter the same park... interesting because he had been active in AK.

I believe the transfer only works from Profiles where valid tickets are linked.

SDFPs can't be Modified or transferred using the app or browser.
So they can't be transferred using the kiosks to profiles with tickets? Just clarifying.

Yay! :) Thanks for clarifying. It appears they have been activating bits and pieces of this forthcoming update.

Transferring will be your only option to use FPs if he doesn't enter the same park... interesting because he had been active in AK.
We just used SDFP on our trip from May 14-19. On our last day, one of our three SDFP bands prompted a blue Mickey head on a ride (Pooh, I think). The CM waved us through, but I wonder if it could have been indicative of this coming change? I'm sad to see it go, but I certainly understand why Disney is closing this loophole!
I just read this post. (I'm reading backwards.) May 20th was the day that the Mickey head blue when I tried to use DH's fp.

We just used SDFP on our trip from May 14-19. On our last day, one of our three SDFP bands prompted a blue Mickey head on a ride (Pooh, I think). The CM waved us through, but I wonder if it could have been indicative of this coming change? I'm sad to see it go, but I certainly understand why Disney is closing this loophole!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter