SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to clear an expired FP. If you are near the ride, just tap the touchpoint.

Just don't Cancel the FP and proceed with FP#4 by CPFP or booking a new FP.
What if you're not near the ride, or don't even get to the park in time? Will expiring be enough to "reset" you for a 4th FP (another Tier 1, for example)?

What if you're not near the ride, or don't even get to the park in time? Will expiring be enough to "reset" you for a 4th FP (another Tier 1, for example)?
@marciemi has reported on this in the last few pages.

It's Canceling that you do not want to do. Expiring has worked and CPFP can proceed.

Fascinating - can you clarify what types of "conversions" this applies to? It sounds like here you're referring to child->adult conversions.

New to this thread since the Friday news, but a long user of GLFP since long before I knew it had a name.

The only conversion it applies to is the one described -- a child ticket converted (after the passage of years) to an adult ticket.

Just a few observations regarding ScrapYap's "umbrella thing" analogy and the FP "Change Party" (transfer) option...since there has been previous recent discussion of this I think it's okay to share my observations, but if they violate any DIS or Disney rules, please delete (and Sorry in advance)!

Earlier this morning I made my 60-day FP's for my family of 4; 3 each, each day. In MDE, in addition to my 4 main profiles, I also have 2 sets of 4 phantoms (they each have their own used magic band or card associated with them and are not clones). We also have multiple sets of unused tickets (...don't ask!).

Once I made my main profile FP's, I then went back and for each FP added a set of phantoms, such that I now had a group of 8 profiles all with the same FP's. I then used the "Modify" option to change the phantoms FP's and times such that my set of 3 main profile FP's would be in the morning/early afternoon and my set of 3 phantom FP's would follow, being scheduled for the late afternoon/evening.

The plan is simply the following: when we have used up our original set of 3 FP's on the main profiles, we will then transfer the first FP from the phantoms via the "Change Party" option in the MDE app (which would be FP #4 overall), use that one, then transfer over the next (FP #5), and so on.

With all of that being said, I wanted to test out the "Change Party" option in the MDE app (since I have never used that option) and in addition to ScrapYap's "umbrella thing" analogy, here are a some known observations (please correct me if for some reason I am wrong!) that I missed when doing the above that I think first-timers will possibly find useful:

1a. In order to get FP's for the phantoms, they must first have an unused ticket assigned to them.

1b. Based on the number of days on the ticket, will determine how many days of FP's they can get...a 4-day ticket will only allow 4 days if FP's, an AP will only allow 7 days.

1c. For the 60-day window FP's, to get FP's for the phantoms, there must be at least one profile added to the phantom group that is part of the resort reservation (see ScrapYap's "umbrella thing" analogy in OP and what I did in the above).

2. Once the phantoms have FP's, you can modify (change, delete, add, transfer) just like with any FP.

Now here is where things get interesting as it might pertain to future SDFP and many of the recent posts regarding transferring FP's. Please keep in mind that the below was tested at home, 60 days out, and not in the parks with the original starting point as I described above; my main profiles have 3 FP's and my phantoms have 3 FP's for any given day.

1. If I deleted 1 of my FP's from a main profile (such that they now only have 2 for that day), I could easily select the "Change Party" option for a phantom FP from that same day to transfer that FP to the main profiles (such that they now have 3 FP's again)...this isn't anything new; this is how this feature is supposed to work.

But here's the possible discovery and how it might apply to SDFP. Because I am anal (sorry if I can't use that word!), I like to keep things organized. So, I reassigned the tickets associated with the phantoms back to my original profiles. So the phantoms were now ticketless, but still had their assigned FP's.

2. I could still transfer their FP's using the "Change Party" option to the main profiles successfully!

So the big discovery was that although the phantoms need to have tickets assigned to them to get FP's, they don't need to have tickets assigned to them to transfer their FP's!

I'm guessing that this is potentially how the kiosks will determine to allow if an FP or SDFP can be given is based on wether it has an active ticket assigned to it or not.

I have yet to do/try this, but to potentially expand upon this, is that I could then use my second set of phantoms to make another set of FP's, which then could be used as #7, #8 and #9! In addition, my understating of the #4+ FP's (please correct me if I am wrong since I have never used a #4 FP) is that as soon as I use #3, I can then transfer over #4, use that, then immediately transfer over #5, and so on; you don't have to wait until the FP hour window is done, before you transfer over the next FP. So in theory, you are not limited to 1 FP per hour (except for the original 3); you could use up FP's #4-#9, 2 per hour if you set their reservation times just right...you could literally do a Tier 1 ride 4 times in a row...again this scenario is all under the assumption that you have 3 separate sets of "active" tickets, which only a few idiots like myself would have!

In addition, all of the above is also under the hope that no future changes happen to the "Change Party" option in MDE.

All of the above is a first-time for me, so if any of the pros have any corrections or comments, please let me know and I will revise!

Evan

My original above post was my venture into the world of CPFP from the comforts of my own home! Yesterday was my 60-day window to make FP's and since I have never used phantoms and the "Change Party" feature on MDE, I wanted to fool around with it to get a better feeling of how it works before actually using it in the parks in 60 days...

So, by accident, I can confirm the previous postings with regards to NBFP and timing. For one of the days with my trip, I wanted to see what it would be like to try and set up a SECOND set of CPFP's with a second set of phantoms (so these FP's would #7, #8 and #9 in the grand scheme of things). As noted in my previous post, I have successfully set-up one set of phantoms for CPFP (each phantom has their own unused tickets associated with them). For my main profiles, I have two remaining sets of active/unused tickets, one is an unused AP and the other is an old, partially used, non-expiring ticket. Since the non-expiring ticket can not be reassigned, last night I reassigned the AP to the second phantom set and made FP's for it for one day (thinking that the non-expiring tickets on my main profiles would cover those FP's already made and that I was still within the rules of Disney). Well, I obviously wasn't within the rules (I still don't know why); I woke up this morning, with a very scary e-mail from Disney saying that if I didn't associate a ticket with my main profiles, my FP's for those profiles "are subject to cancellation" with today's date listed. For some reason, I guess the non-expiring tickets are not "valid." The e-mail was sent out at 3:30 this morning, so from the end of day yesterday to them figuring out that I have FP's associated with profiles that don't have any tickets linked to them took only 3.5 hours. So, that's why ScrapYap and Hiro are saying to setup the CPFP's the night before using them...

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-29%20at%203.51.14%20PM.png

In addition, since I could care a less about the second set of phantom FP's (I'll explain below), I then tried to reassign the APs back to my original profiles to make them "good," and I couldn't! I tried with my other tickets as well, and they all gave me the Disney "Duck Error Page." I tried the MDE app and via browser for several hours, getting the same error message every time. Since I didn't want to risk losing my original/main profile FP's, I then called and the first person that helped me got the same error messages and so she put in a call to somebody, and they were able to transfer my AP's back to my main profiles...it only took minutes to do. In addition, as soon as they transferred my AP's, I was then able to "magically" reassign my tickets again from MDE. Based on this, I'm guessing that my account was locked by Disney (it could have been a tech problem on their side, but I thought it was interesting that as soon as they transferred the AP's (i.e. unlocked my account), I could then reassign again if I wanted to).

On a separate note with regards to making a second set of CPFP's (as mentioned above, I only tried to do this for one day; at Epcot)...a few observations (please keep in mind that this is from our perspective based on how we like to "do" Disney and will obviously vary based on your preferences):

1. It was a pain in the butt to try to organize everything; what I ended up doing was making my main profile FP's for pre-lunch and then basically somewhat staggering the phantoms for about every half-hour. For example FP #4 (FP #1 from phantom set #1) was at 1:00 to 2:00 and FP #5 (FP #1 from phantom set #2) was from 1:30 to 2:30.

2. When you throw in time for lunch, dinner and misc/walking around, I found it hard to come up a #8 or #9 FP that we would want to use or we would run out of time to use them (we don't usually stay super-late).

3. We are DVC members and usually go 1 to 2 times a year and so we don't feel the need to go Commando anymore. We also like to do rope drop and we can always get at least two big attractions done (SDME and Space at MK or TT and Soarin at Epcot for example). Although we love TT and Soarin, do we really want to ride them 3-4 times in a day, especially with so many other things we like to do?

4. Although I didn't try to do it, but when you look at Hollywood Studios with all the shows (if that's your sort of thing) and lack of attractions, I don't think we would have a need for a second set of CPFP's and even one set of CPFP's could be pushing it!

5. On the plus side, from what I've read about Pandora, two sets of CPFP's would allow you two more Tier 1 rides, which means that you could potentially due FoP or NRJ 3 (or some combination) THREE times!

6. On another plus side, two sets of CPFP's at MK would mean that if you schedule them just right, you could potentially have a FP for all the popular rides and then some...awesome convenience!

That's it for now...if I decide to knowingly or unknowingly try to do some more experimentation, I'll let you guys know!

Last edited:

We were there in April and booked three FP in the morning, knowing we weren't arriving until later. (Just to see what would happen) I tried to add a 4th FP, thinking the first 3 had 'expired' but the MDE said I had to first use up 3. The first 3 FP requirement didn't go away because I missed taking the ride.

As noted in my previous post, I have successfully set-up one set of phantoms for CPFP (each phantom has their own unused tickets associated with them). For my main profiles, I have two remaining sets of active/unused tickets, one is an unused AP and the other is an old, partially used, non-expiring ticket. Since the non-expiring ticket can not be reassigned, last night I reassigned the AP to the second phantom set and made FP's for it for one day (thinking that the non-expiring tickets on my main profiles would cover those FP's already made and that I was still within the rules of Disney). Well, I obviously wasn't within the rules (I still don't know why); I woke up this morning, with a very scary e-mail from Disney saying that if I didn't associate a ticket with my main profiles, my FP's for those profiles "are subject to cancellation" with today's date listed. For some reason, I guess the non-expiring tickets are not "valid." The e-mail was sent out at 3:30 this morning, so from the end of day yesterday to them figuring out that I have FP's associated with profiles that don't have any tickets linked to them took only 3.5 hours. So, that's why ScrapYap and Hiro are saying to setup the CPFP's the night before using them...

In addition, since I could care a less about the second set of phantom FP's (I'll explain below), I then tried to reassign the APs back to my original profiles to make them "good," and I couldn't! I tried with my other tickets as well, and they all gave me the Disney "Duck Error Page." I tried the MDE app and via browser for several hours, getting the same error message every time. Since I didn't want to risk losing my original/main profile FP's, I then called and the first person that helped me got the same error messages and so she put in a call to somebody, and they were able to transfer my AP's back to my main profiles...it only took minutes to do. In addition, as soon as they transferred my AP's, I was then able to "magically" reassign my tickets again from MDE. Based on this, I'm guessing that my account was locked by Disney (it could have been a tech problem on their side, but I thought it was interesting that as soon as they transferred the AP's (i.e. unlocked my account), I could then reassign again if I wanted to).

On a separate note with regards to making a second set of CPFP's (as mentioned above, I only tried to do this for one day; at Epcot)...a few observations (please keep in mind that this is from our perspective based on how we like to "do" Disney and will obviously vary based on your preferences):

1. It was a pain in the butt to try to organize everything; what I ended up doing was making my main profile FP's for pre-lunch and then basically somewhat staggering the phantoms for about every half-hour. For example FP #4 (FP #1 from phantom set #1) was at 1:00 to 2:00 and FP #5 (FP #1 from phantom set #2) was from 1:30 to 2:30.

2. When you throw in time for lunch, dinner and misc/walking around, I found it hard to come up a #8 or #9 FP that we would want to use or we would run out of time to use them (we don't usually stay super-late).

3. We are DVC members and usually go 1 to 2 times a year and so we don't feel the need to go Commando anymore. We also like to do rope drop and we can always get at least two big attractions done (SDME and Space at MK or TT and Soarin at Epcot for example). Although we love TT and Soarin, do we really want to ride them 3-4 times in a day, especially with so many other things we like to do?

4. Although I didn't try to do it, but when you look at Hollywood Studios with all the shows (if that's your sort of thing) and lack of attractions, I don't think we would have a need for a second set of CPFP's and even one set of CPFP's could be pushing it!

5. On the plus side, from what I've read about Pandora, two sets of CPFP's would allow you two more Tier 1 rides, which means that you could potentially due FoP or NRJ 3 (or some combination) THREE times!

6. On another plus side, two sets of CPFP's at MK would mean that if you schedule them just right, you could potentially have a FP for all the popular rides and then some...awesome convenience!

That's it for now...if I decide to knowingly or unknowingly try to do some more experimentation, I'll let you guys know!
My original above post was my venture into the world of CPFP from the comforts of my own home! Yesterday was my 60-day window to make FP's and since I have never used phantoms and the "Change Party" feature on MDE, I wanted to fool around with it to get a better feeling of how it works before actually using it in the parks in 60 days...

So, by accident, I can confirm the previous postings with regards to NBFP and timing. For one of the days with my trip, I wanted to see what it would be like to try and set up a SECOND set of CPFP's with a second set of phantoms (so these FP's would #7, #8 and #9 in the grand scheme of things). As noted in my previous post, I have successfully set-up one set of phantoms for CPFP (each phantom has their own unused tickets associated with them). For my main profiles, I have two remaining sets of active/unused tickets, one is an unused AP and the other is an old, partially used, non-expiring ticket. Since the non-expiring ticket can not be reassigned, last night I reassigned the AP to the second phantom set and made FP's for it for one day (thinking that the non-expiring tickets on my main profiles would cover those FP's already made and that I was still within the rules of Disney). Well, I obviously wasn't within the rules (I still don't know why); I woke up this morning, with a very scary e-mail from Disney saying that if I didn't associate a ticket with my main profiles, my FP's for those profiles "are subject to cancellation" with today's date listed. For some reason, I guess the non-expiring tickets are not "valid." The e-mail was sent out at 3:30 this morning, so from the end of day yesterday to them figuring out that I have FP's associated with profiles that don't have any tickets linked to them took only 3.5 hours. So, that's why ScrapYap and Hiro are saying to setup the CPFP's the night before using them...

That's the typical warning message you'd expect - but you certainly got it FAST.

Maybe they are tightening up on NBFP - or maybe it was a fluke. I'm sure everyone will be reporting back on all this.

Maybe also ticket transfers across MDE profiles with FP bookings involved can trigger a lock on the MDE, if that's what you experienced. Again, we'll wait and hear what everyone is experiencing!

We were there in April and booked three FP in the morning, knowing we weren't arriving until later. (Just to see what would happen) I tried to add a 4th FP, thinking the first 3 had 'expired' but the MDE said I had to first use up 3. The first 3 FP requirement didn't go away because I missed taking the ride.
That's exactly what I was afraid of.

Can I use my DD2's magic band to schedule 3 SDFP at a kiosk and then transfer those to my profile?

Does she not have to scan her band to enter the park since she doesn't have a ticket?

But if at least one FP had been used, it would have been okay with 2 expired FPs.

The "FP system" has to know you are in the park and not just trying to load up extra FPs beyond the initial 3.

Hiro, so to be clear I understand. You are saying that if we have used at least 1, and have other expired FP still showing up in MDE, it should allow me to book a proper 4th without having to 'clear' them (at proper turnstile)?

Only asking because I did test it at home (like poster did above) and the expired ones aren't clearing unless I cancel them. And I also tried touching and refreshing (as marci recommended) and that did not work.

Thanks much

Hiro, so to be clear I understand. You are saying that if we have used at least 1, and have other expired FP still showing up in MDE, it should allow me to book a proper 4th without having to 'clear' them (at proper turnstile)?

Only asking because I did test it at home (like poster did above) and the expired ones aren't clearing unless I cancel them. And I also tried touching and refreshing (as marci recommended) and that did not work.

Thanks much
It can't be successful when tried at home because the in park FP system has to know you are in the park and have accessed and used at least one pre-booked FP.

@marciemi is in the park today and is running some tests.

Example: a couple of weeks ago I was in MK and had 3 FPs booked. I didn't use any of the three and during lunch, in order to book FEA at Epcot, I had to Cancel out the MK FPs to clear and reset for a new "Initial 3."

I believe we need to wait to see which tweaking is actually being done to the FP system before considering allowing FPs to expire. To be safe, tapping out at a touchpoint and walking away is the best method of "use" for unnecessary FPs.

Good point @hiroMYhero - I have had several people PM me and say they had trouble with "expired" FPP's. You need to prove to the system that you're in a park by scanning at least one FP in order for the concept of expired FP's to work - the Tier 2's you want to expire can be before you use a Tier 1 or on either side or after (while you go eat lunch), but until you scan, the system is taking all your FP's as "new" and just modifying them for you. Which makes sense in this situation because there's no reason to let a Tier 1 expire and then try to book another Tier 1 - it just changes that Tier 1 to the one you want. And as Hiro mentions - this is all now - and subject to change in a week or so.

I have some pics that I'll try to get up tomorrow but today I tested the following:

1. Tested 2 separate times booking a SDFP and then transferred it using Change Party to someone with valid admission. Once to another family member not in the park, once to me. It worked fine each time.
2. Tested making changes to a SDFP via the app - just like in the past, it lets you go through the whole process and then you get an error message on the last screen.

Good point @hiroMYhero - I have had several people PM me and say they had trouble with "expired" FPP's. You need to prove to the system that you're in a park by scanning at least one FP in order for the concept of expired FP's to work - the Tier 2's you want to expire can be before you use a Tier 1 or on either side or after (while you go eat lunch), but until you scan, the system is taking all your FP's as "new" and just modifying them for you. Which makes sense in this situation because there's no reason to let a Tier 1 expire and then try to book another Tier 1 - it just changes that Tier 1 to the one you want. And as Hiro mentions - this is all now - and subject to change in a week or so.

I have some pics that I'll try to get up tomorrow but today I tested the following:

1. Tested 2 separate times booking a SDFP and then transferred it using Change Party to someone with valid admission. Once to another family member not in the park, once to me. It worked fine each time.
2. Tested making changes to a SDFP via the app - just like in the past, it lets you go through the whole process and then you get an error message on the last screen.

Marcie is FP Empress!!

So just to clarify, you booked the SDFP at a kiosk (per usual) and then transferred using Change Party on the app?

Ok, so are you saying that you reassigned a ticket to a phantom person, made FPs for that phantom and then reassigned that same ticket back to the person that it was assigned to originally and you think that locked your MDE account?

Thank you so much for all of this information and for testing out different strategies over the next few weeks! SDFP worked beautifully for our first trip to wdw in December, and we were hoping to use it again this year. I know it's too soon to tell, but I, like others :), am hoping that non-ticketed bands may still be able to make SDFP at a kiosk and then be transferred to our real MDE account names via the friends and family feature.....so my question is this..in the event that it can be done.
EDITED
If I have all 6 of our "real" names loaded into our MDE account, do I need to add them as family and friends to the dummy 2nd MDE account via email? what about the little kids?
How exactly do I go about being able to transfer from the sdfp non ticketed bands to the ticketed names on my primary MDE account?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter