SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we still be able to use park tickets on a black out date and be able to apply that amount to buying and/or renewing our AP during the renewal window time ???
We have the Florida silver Ap that will need to be renewed in January. Last year I bought a regular park ticket (7 day) to get my daughter into Epcot for New Years Eve and then used to it to buy her AP the next day with no problem. Will that "loop hole" be closed too ??? We will be going for free dining this year for the first time and plan to use the tickets that we had to buy for the package for New Years Eve.

Marcie,
Would this work if you just let both of the Tier 2 FPs expire? I was too scared to try this last night, so I went to my expired Tier 2 attractions and scanned the MBs and told the CMs that I just wanted to get them off MDE.
I was able to ride FoP twice and NRJ once last night by transferring. Thanks!

If they are expired and still on your MDE, I can still go to ride to just scan and clear it? Any FP station or just the one they are for?

Last edited:
Will we still be able to use park tickets on a black out date and be able to apply that amount to buying and/or renewing our AP during the renewal window time ???
We have the Florida silver Ap that will need to be renewed in January. Last year I bought a regular park ticket (7 day) to get my daughter into Epcot for New Years Eve and then used to it to buy her AP the next day with no problem. Will that "loop hole" be closed too ??? We will be going for free dining this year for the first time and plan to use the tickets that we had to buy for the package for New Years Eve.
The blockout date usage has never affected upgrading.

In the Ticket Sticky, using tickets to upgrade for new APs and renewals continue to work.

Sorry, long post! Our 1st park day is June 3rd (AK) and last day is the 8th. On the 4th we will RD @HS (its morning EMH) and I did my FP+ for Epcot later that day. I was hoping for SDFP for this park. There are 6 of us going and are on my MDE. For SDFP I have 2 extra bands (people not present and no ticket) on my MDE and 4 new bands that I was going to put on a phantom MDE (with different names) and not link to my MDE. A few questions to make sure I understand.
1. is there any thoughts that the change might happen sooner, like the 3rd or 4th? The 2 extra bands on my MDE that aren't ticketed could lock up my acct, if I try to get in a FP ride??? And I really don't want to do the walk of shame to GS. Would I be safer to just purchase 2 more new ones and add to phantom as to not risk it?
2. Starting on the 5th or 6th, would I then link my phantom MDE to my main MDE then go to the kiosk, make my SDFP for times after my FP+ and then change party after we use all 3 of our FP+? At this point, it seems like we do need to have the MDE's linked, correct? And it shouldn't cause a lock out since the SDFP had been transferred to our ticketed bands that we used to enter??
3. I'm not sure how to link a phantom MDE that doesn't have a reservation? I thought I needed the confirmation number to do that?
Thank you for keeping us informed!! I will report back once I get there and try it out.

I have a year 2000 non-expiring paper ticket that has 2 days left. I am planning to bring it with me to exchange it for a rfid tickets this August, so I can use it next trip for prebooked FPs. Will I be able to assign and reassign this ticket? Will the CM link it to a profile right away? TIA!

The Cm will probably offer to do this -- might even say they need to do it on the spot. You could tell them you prefer to do it later. Or set up the phantom profile ahead of time and give the CM the phantom name. You won't be able to transfer the ticket to another profile - but you can change the name of the phantom.
good luck
In my experience, they forced me to link it that moment and they also knew the person it was attached to originally because the back was signed.
What I was able to get them to do was attach it to a phantom using a "short name", for example John and Jonathan.
They were hesitant but I said I did t want my non expiring ticket to get used before my current ticket. The cm said they can tell the system which to use first but I said I didnt trust it

Ps, I tried linking it online to a phantom but it wouldn't take

So, I'm guessing using a toddler's magic band would still work just fine with the CPFP, provided we transfer her FP to a MB that was actually used to enter the park. Maybe we'll be in the clear after all this trip.

We booked all of our regular FPs for the morning hours, and my thought was just to pick out SDFPs on a separate set of bands for late afternoon, so we should easily be able to transfer the FPs to our ticketed MBs at lunch or thereabout.

Soooooo....who is going to be the martyr who attempts to use a non-scanned-in Magic Band at a FP kiosk on June 6, risking MDE "lockout"?? Not me, lol.

Appreciate any research you can do - all data points will help, especially as we get near that day. Here is my plan for testing (probably either the 6th or I might just wait until the 7th in case changes are implemented late on the 6th) - @ScrapYap and @hiroMYhero - does this seem like it'll work (without risking my MDE)?

1. I have old cards that aren't associated at all with my MDE - like from my kids' friends buying a one day waterpark or Disney Quest ticket at the gate that have worked for SDFP in the past. I'll attempt to use these at the kiosk and book a SDFP. If they turn blue and don't work at all, I'll just explain the the CM I had an old card and was trying to see if it still had any tickets left on it. Worst case they take the card, which will be useless then anyway.

2. If the card scans green, I will book a SDFP, attempting to match time with a real FP in my name. Probably try something like Living with the Land which isn't a super popular ride and the CM's there are usually more busy answering questions from random guests than scanning FP. I'll wait until it's somewhat busy there and walk and scan the SDFP card. If it scans blue, I'll look confused and be like "oh, no, I scanned the wrong card!" and have my card available to immediately scan next. Again, worst case they take that card and I explain it was from a friend who visited recently and I had it with my card (I won't be wearing a MB at this point). If it turns green, then I'll assume the system hasn't changed yet unless people report otherwise.

3. At that point, I'll feel safer in going back with a different card and booking a SDFP for someone linked to my account (assuming the kiosk was green the first time and only the ride was blue). I'll transfer it to my real name and attempt to use it there. If it doesn't work, I'll be sure to have taken a screenshot on my account of it in my name to show the CM. Then if it somehow locks my account, I'll go to GS and be confused why a FP in my name didn't work.

4. Only then will I feel comfortable testing this with one of my kids' AP's and booking and transferring one of their FP's to mine. I don't want to lock up one of theirs and not have them here to "unlock" it, just in case they're needed to do so in order to unlock mine (I doubt this but playing it safe). All sound good? At that point I'm not going to mess with Tiers or anything - just seeing how the system works for then.

Really appreciate everyone in FL doing on the ground research and keeping us non-locals up to date.
I must be an idiot because I can't tell you how long it took me to figure out FL - I was like "Frontierland? Fantasyland? Fort Lauderdale?" And yes, I live here. :)

If they are expaired and still on your MDE, I can still go to ride to just scan and clear it? Any FP station or just the one they are for?
I've never tried at another ride but would think likely only the ride you got them at or at Guest Services.

Sorry, long post! Our 1st park day is June 3rd (AK) and last day is the 8th. On the 4th we will RD @HS (its morning EMH) and I did my FP+ for Epcot later that day. I was hoping for SDFP for this park. There are 6 of us going and are on my MDE. For SDFP I have 2 extra bands (people not present and no ticket) on my MDE and 4 new bands that I was going to put on a phantom MDE (with different names) and not link to my MDE. A few questions to make sure I understand.
1. is there any thoughts that the change might happen sooner, like the 3rd or 4th? The 2 extra bands on my MDE that aren't ticketed could lock up my acct, if I try to get in a FP ride??? And I really don't want to do the walk of shame to GS. Would I be safer to just purchase 2 more new ones and add to phantom as to not risk it?
2. Starting on the 5th or 6th, would I then link my phantom MDE to my main MDE then go to the kiosk, make my SDFP for times after my FP+ and then change party after we use all 3 of our FP+? At this point, it seems like we do need to have the MDE's linked, correct? And it shouldn't cause a lock out since the SDFP had been transferred to our ticketed bands that we used to enter??
3. I'm not sure how to link a phantom MDE that doesn't have a reservation? I thought I needed the confirmation number to do that?
Thank you for keeping us informed!! I will report back once I get there and try it out.
1. Of course anything can happen but the info we've gotten was fairly confident it would be the 5th or 6th. Worst case if they lock the account you have to take a quick trip to GS and know not to do it again. Really seems though like you'd be safe those days and not really worth 2 more MB cost to just use for 2 days. But of course up to you.
2. Correct on all counts, as far as we know of course. Just remember you'll have to change party one at a time since your real profile will only be eligible for one more FP at a time after the first 3.
3. You're not linking a reservation - just adding someone from the other profiles to your "Friends and Family". Go into MDE and then select Friends and Family (or whatever it's called like that), then pick "Add someone using their email" (again, I'm doing this from memory so whatever is close). Input their email and it should send them (you) a request to be friends. Make sure the phantom account is set to allow you to see "all" their plans, not just "shared" plans.

So, I'm guessing using a toddler's magic band would still work just fine with the CPFP, provided we transfer her FP to a MB that was actually used to enter the park. Maybe we'll be in the clear after all this trip.
Just a reminder to everyone that we have no definite answer for how everything will work. I will check the "Change Party" function again today to make sure and hopefully others will and we "believe" it will still function the same way (from SDFP's made at the kiosk linked to the account) but no guarantees on anything until more testing is done after the 6th.

Ok, We will be at the Beach Club for ten days in June/July. Last trip I used the SDFP (specially in MK). We are thinking of using CPFP this time, but I have some questions:
1 - What type of tickets should I buy for the Phantons (we are APs)? One day, one park tickets?
2 - Can we use the same Phantom MDE account to transfer the FP+ to my MDE? Or the Phantons need to be in the same MDE? How?
3 - Once we use our 3 FP+ can we transfer all 3 CPFP or one per time?

Thanks

Ok, We will be at the Beach Club for ten days in June/July. Last trip I used the SDFP (specially in MK). We are thinking of using CPFP this time, but I have some questions:
1 - What type of tickets should I buy for the Phantons (we are APs)? One day, one park tickets?
2 - Can we use the same Phantom MDE account to transfer the FP+ to my MDE? Or the Phantons need to be in the same MDE? How?
3 - Once we use our 3 FP+ can we transfer all 3 CPFP or one per time?

Thanks
1. Up to you and your budget. I wouldn't do anything until after June 6 when we have reports back if this will actually still work. You will be limited to booking in advance for the number of days on your tickets you buy. So a 1 day could let you book one day in advance (30/60 days) but the remaining days will have to be booked the night before after using those. Longer tickets = more advance days. Also remember with a 1 day ticket you're limited to the park(s) it is for. So a 1 day MK ticket can't be used to book for the other parks, etc.
2. They can be in the same MDE under different names or a different MDE that you are "friends" with via MDE Friends and Family.
3. One at a time

Let me see if I got this right.

I have two real profiles on my MDE, me and my mom, plus two phantoms, let's call it ME2 and Mom2. I bought 3 different tickets for the Christmas parties tickets and attached one set to my real profiles and two sets to my phantom profiles. So theoretically I could go to a kiosk upon arrival and make SDFP with those tickets attached to the phantoms, and then use MDE to change those FP to the real profiles. Am I close or I missed the whole point?

I'm still learning - but I don't understand why you woould restrict yourself to SDFP if you have valid tickets assigned to your phantoms. Wouldn't you be better off pre-booking your FPs (30/60 days in advance)? Then after you use the initial 3 FPs on your "real" profiles, you use "change party" to transfer the pre-booked phantom FPs to your "real" profiles one at a time.

Experts - please correct me if I am wrong. This is what I plan to do as I have extra tickets attached to a phantom MDE (which I will set up as family & friends with my real MDE).

1. Up to you and your budget. I wouldn't do anything until after June 6 when we have reports back if this will actually still work. You will be limited to booking in advance for the number of days on your tickets you buy. So a 1 day could let you book one day in advance (30/60 days) but the remaining days will have to be booked the night before after using those. Longer tickets = more advance days. Also remember with a 1 day ticket you're limited to the park(s) it is for. So a 1 day MK ticket can't be used to book for the other parks, etc.
2. They can be in the same MDE under different names or a different MDE that you are "friends" with via MDE Friends and Family.
3. One at a time

Thanks for the quick answers. That was fast! Can you answer some more?

1 - So, if I like CPFP for all 4 parks I need a 2 day ticket minimum?
2 - If I buy this 2 day ticket, will I be able to do the umbrella (I already did all my APs FP+) without loosing or changing my FP+?

Thanks again

1. Of course anything can happen but the info we've gotten was fairly confident it would be the 5th or 6th. Worst case if they lock the account you have to take a quick trip to GS and know not to do it again. Really seems though like you'd be safe those days and not really worth 2 more MB cost to just use for 2 days. But of course up to you.
2. Correct on all counts, as far as we know of course. Just remember you'll have to change party one at a time since your real profile will only be eligible for one more FP at a time after the first 3.
3. You're not linking a reservation - just adding someone from the other profiles to your "Friends and Family". Go into MDE and then select Friends and Family (or whatever it's called like that), then pick "Add someone using their email" (again, I'm doing this from memory so whatever is close). Input their email and it should send them (you) a request to be friends. Make sure the phantom account is set to allow you to see "all" their plans, not just "shared" plans
Just a reminder to everyone that we have no definite answer for how everything will work. I will check the "Change Party" function again today to make sure and hopefully others will and we "believe" it will still function the same way (from SDFP's made at the kiosk linked to the account) but no guarantees on anything until more testing is done after the 6th.
We will be at MK on June 5th and plan to go with the original plan of having our main MDE with our fp's booked at 60 days out AND using my 2nd non-linked MDE for NBFP, which have 1 ticket attached which I will book fp's for the night before and reassign tickets, then repeat. Fingers crossed any possible changes will be on the 6th or maybe delayed? Our second day is AK. I'm thinking I will initially attempt to follow our set plan(same as day before) and see if it actually still works.. I know, I am stubborn. If I do see the dreaded blue Mickey that morning I will then link both MDE's while at AK and use the Change Party option(for 1 fp at a time) to access the second set of fp's. Also, I have a 3rd MDE(which I will link at the Park if need be) with MB's and no tickets, so I'm thinking I can grab a set of 3 SDFP's at kiosk and using the Change Party function switch those as well to our Main for evening fp's. Am I close?

Thanks for the quick answers. That was fast! Can you answer some more?
1 - So, if I like CPFP for all 4 parks I need a 2 day ticket minimum?
2 - If I buy this 2 day ticket, will I be able to do the umbrella (I already did all my APs FP+) without loosing or changing my FP+?
1. Yes
2. Yes. Go in and book for the new 2-day ticket and add one of you (from the real reservation) to the FP party. It should then tell you that one of your party members has a conflict (either already FP's booked, at their limit of days, or FP's at another park). Choose to remove them (you) from the party and it will let you proceed with the remaining folk(s).

We will be at MK on June 5th and plan to go with the original plan of having our main MDE with our fp's booked at 60 days out AND using my 2nd non-linked MDE for NBFP, which have 1 ticket attached which I will book fp's for the night before and reassign tickets, then repeat. Fingers crossed any possible changes will be on the 6th or maybe delayed? Our second day is AK. I'm thinking I will initially attempt to follow our set plan(same as day before) and see if it actually still works.. I know, I am stubborn. If I do see the dreaded blue Mickey that morning I will then link both MDE's while at AK and use the Change Party option(for 1 fp at a time) to access the second set of fp's. Also, I have a 3rd MDE(which I will link at the Park if need be) with MB's and no tickets, so I'm thinking I can grab a set of 3 SDFP's at kiosk and using the Change Party function switch those as well to our Main for evening fp's. Am I close?
As far as I can tell, with what we expect to happen, yes. Please let us know here what does happen on the 5th. :)

good luck
In my experience, they forced me to link it that moment and they also knew the person it was attached to originally because the back was signed.
What I was able to get them to do was attach it to a phantom using a "short name", for example John and Jonathan.
They were hesitant but I said I did t want my non expiring ticket to get used before my current ticket. The cm said they can tell the system which to use first but I said I didnt trust it

Ps, I tried linking it online to a phantom but it wouldn't take

The ticket is not signed at the back. We didn't even create any account at that time in 2000. A friend handed us our tickets. We went as a group of 15 people. I successfully exchanged one adult ticket for me to use in 2010 and converted one child ticket for DD who was a "child" in 2000 but considered an adult in 2010. The leftover ticket should be DH's.

Should I do this?
Create a second MDE using my real name and add my second name to the name in my real MDE. After the ticket is linked by the CM, link the second MDE to my real MDE and change the name in second MDE.

The ticket is not signed at the back. We didn't even create any account at that time in 2000. A friend handed us our tickets. We went as a group of 15 people. I successfully exchanged one adult ticket for me to use in 2010 and converted one child ticket for DD who was a "child" in 2000 but considered an adult in 2010. The leftover ticket should be DH's.

Should I do this?
Create a second MDE using my real name and add my second name to the name in my real MDE. After the ticket is linked by the CM, link the second MDE to my real MDE and change the name in second MDE.

Does the converted ticket still have days on it? Converted tix have a delightful glitch. They'll allow you to prebook FP for the total number of days originally on the ticket- not just the remaining days.

Can you do a CPFP in reverse?

So you have your 3 FPs booked on your actual ticketed account (e.g. For the afternoon). The night before, you transfer those to a non-ticketed phantom. You then book new FPs on your primary account and the next morning you use those first. Then in the afternoon you transfer the original FPs one by one to your primary.

I'm still learning - but I don't understand why you woould restrict yourself to SDFP if you have valid tickets assigned to your phantoms. Wouldn't you be better off pre-booking your FPs (30/60 days in advance)? Then after you use the initial 3 FPs on your "real" profiles, you use "change party" to transfer the pre-booked phantom FPs to your "real" profiles one at a time.

Experts - please correct me if I am wrong. This is what I plan to do as I have extra tickets attached to a phantom MDE (which I will set up as family & friends with my real MDE).

This is what I do. The only downside is the initial cost (and tickets to buy today have expiration dates). We have APs and 4 sets of phantoms all with 7 day non-expiring tickets.

I need addition to additional 60day FPs, Another big benefit is that if you have tickets you will still be able to do CPFP, even if they prevent SDFP by not allowing kiosks to work without valid ticket attached (which is certainly possible). I don't see how WDW could make CPFP not work if you have tickets attached.

Can you do a CPFP in reverse?

So you have your 3 FPs booked on your actual ticketed account (e.g. For the afternoon). The night before, you transfer those to a non-ticketed phantom. You then book new FPs on your primary account and the next morning you use those first. Then in the afternoon you transfer the original FPs one by one to your primary.

From my understanding, that would not work because the phantom does not have a ticket and any pre-booked FP must have a ticket associated with that phantom name. At least that is the case when the FPs is attached or moved. I tried this with a ticket in a different MDE that wasn't being used. The FP could not be changed to a non-ticket phantom.

What might work is if you had an extra ticket, attach it to a phantom, change a set of FPs to it and then reassign that ticket to another phantom and repeat with another set of FPs. It has been reported that FPs will stay attached about 36 hours to a name that once had a ticket that has now been removed.

Hopefully someone that has a better idea will come along and lets us know if that might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter