Scotland Meets Thread (formerly Scotland: A Brave Adventure)

Thanks so much for the info on the app and book. I will definitely check it out!
I went on the Mediterranean cruise in 2010 and my 2 favs were Rome and the Cinque Terra (very small town Italy). Hoping maybe for Verona next year and take the train to different cities from there.

We are seeing BRAVE tonight. Can't wait!

Can't wait to hear what you think. We loved it!

Congrats, Blake! I'm sure you're going to love this trip, love Scotland and love ABD!!! You'll be going on one of the first trips, so I'll really be looking forward to your report!

Sayhello

Ditto what SayHello said. Welcome and can't wait to hear your report back!

Oh and there is a free App called Welcome to Scotland Scot Guide that you can download. It's loaded with info on where to go, what to do, discounts, interactive maps that locate your position using GPS. It works for iPhones and Android phones < CLICKY HERE >

I'll have to check this out, too. I love new apps :)

Can't wait to hear what you think. We loved it!

We loved it too. My 7-year old DS broke out into cackling laughter numerous times. The plot was actually a little different than I thought it would be based on the previews I had seen, but that is a positive as far as I am concerned. Definitely not the case that we had "seen" the whole movie by virtue of having seen the previews. We plan to buy it when it comes out on DVD so we can watch it again closer to our trip and whet our appetite even more.

The only other time I have been to Scotland was in high school on a trip with my parents. We ate dinner at Prestonfield House for my father's birthday. A great experience.

We are seeing BRAVE tonight. Can't wait!

Lucky you! You've been to Prestonfield House and seeing Brave!

DH and I are going on the Sept trip. Booked today and they said we got the last room with Debs group. This is our first ABD and we are very excited. We are also thinking about adding on a couple of days. Or maybe flying into London and taking the train to Edinburg for a little more adventure. Since I'm not planning most of this trip, I got to have something to plan!

Hi :wave2: and :welcome: to the group! I would have loved to go on the adult trip. I'm sure Deb's group will be great! I am glad I am going in August though :goodvibes Ooh the train sounds like fun too. I know what you mean about the planning :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the info on the app and book. I will definitely check it out!
I went on the Mediterranean cruise in 2010 and my 2 favs were Rome and the Cinque Terra (very small town Italy). Hoping maybe for Verona next year and take the train to different cities from there.

You're welcome! :goodvibes

We loved it too. My 7-year old DS broke out into cackling laughter numerous times. The plot was actually a little different than I thought it would be based on the previews I had seen, but that is a positive as far as I am concerned. Definitely not the case that we had "seen" the whole movie by virtue of having seen the previews. We plan to buy it when it comes out on DVD so we can watch it again closer to our trip and whet our appetite even more.

I am so glad to hear that the whole movie isn't shown in the previews. I hate it when they do that. We will be going on Friday ... can't wait!

The plot was actually a little different than I thought it would be based on the previews I had seen, but that is a positive as far as I am concerned.

So glad you guys liked it, too. I *totally* agree about the plot being different than expected (in a good way). It was very appropriate that I saw it with DD.

Just saw the movie tonight. LOVED IT and cannot wait for Scotland. And I was happy that there were surprises that I did not anticipate in the story of the movie. I too had seen all the trailers and wondered. May have to see it again :cool1:

Just saw the movie tonight. LOVED IT and cannot wait for Scotland. And I was happy that there were surprises that I did not anticipate in the story of the movie. I too had seen all the trailers and wondered. May have to see it again :cool1:

It's funny how we are all having the same reaction about being surprised by the story. I'm about to hop on the Fantasy for a cruise, so I think I'll be seeing it a few more times :)

Have a great time all! I have yet to be able to afford an ABD trip but maybe soon.

I did have a question, though, about ABD. Is it true that you get specific pins for the trip? Like for China - you get Mulan? So for Scotland, you might get Merida?

Have a great time all! I have yet to be able to afford an ABD trip but maybe soon.

I did have a question, though, about ABD. Is it true that you get specific pins for the trip? Like for China - you get Mulan? So for Scotland, you might get Merida?
There are Collectable pins given to you for each day of an ABD. They are specific to the Theme of the Day for that specific trip. You can only get these pins on an ABD (unless someone parted with theirs on ebay or something, which I would NEVER do!) So, if there was a themed day in China that Mulan was appropriate for, they'd likely put her on the pin for that day. You get pins with all sorts of characters, like Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Belle, etc. I think they do tend to tie the pins to characters from related countries, etc, if they can. So, since the Scotland trip is so themed to Brave (at least for next year) I think it's likely you'd see a pin with Merida on it, and probably other characters from Brave.

Sayhello

There are Collectable pins given to you for each day of an ABD. They are specific to the Theme of the Day for that specific trip. You can only get these pins on an ABD (unless someone parted with theirs on ebay or something, which I would NEVER do!) So, if there was a themed day in China that Mulan was appropriate for, they'd likely put her on the pin for that day. You get pins with all sorts of characters, like Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Belle, etc. I think they do tend to tie the pins to characters from related countries, etc, if they can. So, since the Scotland trip is so themed to Brave (at least for next year) I think it's likely you'd see a pin with Merida on it, and probably other characters from Brave.

Sayhello

Funny how sometimes it is the little things that just give you chills of excitement. Of course I am excited about the actual trip itself and all of the great places we are going to go and sites we will see, but I have to admit that seeing your post about the pins gave me a whole new tingle of excitement in anticipation of our first-ever ABD!

I was browsing the ABD site and it looks like they added several more dates to the trip. Plus a couple of the trips are overlapping now.

Sayhello

I did not know we could expect that :woohoo: Are there other surprises or gifts to look forward to as a first timer?

Funny how sometimes it is the little things that just give you chills of excitement. Of course I am excited about the actual trip itself and all of the great places we are going to go and sites we will see, but I have to admit that seeing your post about the pins gave me a whole new tingle of excitement in anticipation our first-ever ABD!
Oh, dear! I hope I didn't give away a surprise! But I guess it's all good if it adds to the excitement!

I was browsing the ABD site and it looks like they added several more dates to the trip. Plus a couple of the trips are overlapping now.
Wow! I guess ABD underestimated the popularity of this trip. I'm glad they were able to arrange extra departures! They have plenty of time to train extra Guides!

Sayhello

I did not know we could expect that :woohoo: Are there other surprises or gifts to look forward to as a first timer?
Well, obviously I don't know what surprises are in store for you specific to the Scotland trip :goodvibes, but you'll be getting an ABD duffel bag your first day, with a few little logo gifts in it. (The gifts seem to vary from trip to trip. I've gotten small binoculars, a water bottle, a cooldana, things like that). The duffle bag is really useful for carrying stuff onto the motorcoaches, especially on Hotel transfer days, when you likely won't see your suitcases until much later in the day, and want to bring a few things with you. And I know some people who used them for all those lovely souvenirs they bought along the way... :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Funny how sometimes it is the little things that just give you chills of excitement. Of course I am excited about the actual trip itself and all of the great places we are going to go and sites we will see, but I have to admit that seeing your post about the pins gave me a whole new tingle of excitement in anticipation our first-ever ABD!

Me too :goodvibes I knew about the pins. I was on a Disney Cruise and attended an ABD presentation where they raffled off a set of pins that contained ALL of the pins for every adventure.

I had not thought of Merida and Brave pins specificlly for the ABD trip though so I am quite excited about the possibility!

Oh, dear! I hope I didn't give away a surprise! But I guess it's all good if it adds to the excitement!

Not at all! I knew about getting pins on an ABD trip, but it still made me happy to read about it.

We were thrilled with of our "surprises" on our Cities of Knights and Lights trip last month!!:)

This afternoon dd and I went to see "Brave". Now we want to do ABD Scotland!!:thumbsup2

Me too :goodvibes I knew about the pins. I was on a Disney Cruise and attended an ABD presentation where they raffled off a set of pins that contained ALL of the pins for every adventure.

I had not thought of Merida and Brave pins specificlly for the ABD trip though so I am quite excited about the possibility!
ALL of the pins for every adventure? That's a LOT of pins! How cool. Was that a door prize sort of raffle, or did you have to buy tickets?

Not at all! I knew about getting pins on an ABD trip, but it still made me happy to read about it.
Cool! :thumbsup2 Glad to hear it!

We were thrilled with of our "surprises" on our Cities of Knights and Lights trip last month!!:)

This afternoon dd and I went to see "Brave". Now we want to do ABD Scotland!!:thumbsup2
I don't think you're alone in that, SingingMom! :goodvibes

Sayhello

I've been obsessing so much about our trip next year I made a board of our itinerary on Pinterest. So when we saw Brave on Friday, I was able to recognize some of the places we are going to and of course that just got me more excited :banana:

ALL of the pins for every adventure? That's a LOT of pins! How cool. Was that a door prize sort of raffle, or did you have to buy tickets?
Sayhello

Yes, it was a LOT of pins. No purchase necessary it was a door prize. I think the first one I attended was on the member cruise in 2010. I recall the presenter saying that while some folks had been on multiple adventures, no one had done all of them yet. Therefore, the prize would be something nobody else would have.

Yes, it was a LOT of pins. No purchase necessary it was a door prize. I think the first one I attended was on the member cruise in 2010. I recall the presenter saying that while some folks had been on multiple adventures, no one had done all of them yet. Therefore, the prize would be something nobody else would have.
Very, very cool! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter