Scooter Users on RCCL... Charging?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
I am a scooter user due to back injury and can't stand for long periods of time without immense pain.

On DCL it was never an issue, they let scooters be in the big areas near elevators to plug in and charge.
Last January we went on Carnival and they don't have 'normal' plugs anywhere- it was all industrial type plugs. No adaptors. I do not book a wheelchair room because we don't need it, but because of this, the door was too narrow to get the scooter inside. Hence I had no where to charge the scooter and had to literally take it to their office every night to charge. This was a pain for them and me!

On RCCL (looking at oasis/allure/anthem) do they have normal plug outlets on the walls outside the staterooms??

all scooters must be charged INSIDE the cabin and may NOT be left in the hallways at any time. you will either need to rent a scooter that will fit inside the doorway( sometimes just removing the arm rests is sufficient) or you need to get a HA cabin.

Yeah I know that seems to be the case, but sometimes they are good about letting you plug into a wall soemwhere else on the ship while sunbathing/eating, so I am just wondering if they have the proper outlets for this.

not seems, IS the case. it is policy that no ECV ( or even a motorized wheelchair) may be left in the hallways at any time, ever, so there is no need to have any ability to charge any of them in the hallways.

you are responsible for the charging of your devices in the privacy of your cabin. no where else on board.

Honestly if I am on a sun lounger, my ecv is parked over to the side out of the way of people. If I am watching a movie, my ecv is just either inside the theater at the back or out int he hall. if i am eating in a restaurant, the ecv is parked out of the way outside the restaurant. Etc...etc... and I generally use these times to plug it in and charge. All I want to know is what kind of plugs they have, as often the ecv do not fit in past the cruise ship doors. I am well aware of cruise policies, I have been on over 15 cruises with an ECV, but sometimes it is parked somewhere and it makes it easier for me to charge. I always have to park the ecv by the elevators in a corner, and in 15 cruises have never been told I couldn't as long as it is out of the way, as it is too wide to go into a room. I always also have to book my vacations on fairly short notice due to my work, and can't get a HC room - usually sold out. Also I don't feel I need a HC room for other reasons and don't like to take them from those that do.

So policies aside- does anyone know if 'regular' plugs are available?

I already told you.. they don't need to have 'regular plugs' available in the public spaces. so they do not.

Actually you didn't tell me that...you just told me the 'rules' about scooters in hallways. You really seem upset about my post and jumpy.

as someone who has often been denied access to my cabin because some inconsiderate person left their ECV in the hallway, yes it bothers me. its bad enough people leave their room service dishes on the floor outside the cabin door. on both sides. toss in an ECV, and my wheelchair will not fit safely down the hallway. as for plugging one in elsewhere on the ship.. also, not proper. in fact I think Disney alone allows them to be charged in other areas like by the elevators or outside of the main dining room.

royals policy is that all charging is to be done in the cabin.

LM, I would ask on crusecritic. There might be more people who know about the outlets.

And instead of asking about the hallways outside the stateroom, ask about the more public areas like you did after your first post.

I do recommend getting a scooter for the trip that can go into your stateroom though. The hallways are rather narrow.

And FWIW I'm not sure it's Disney policy to have you charge it outside your stateroom either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts