Scooter Rental Suggestions?

maryblanchard49

Mouseketeer
I'll be doing 6 full days at the Disney Theme Parks in Orlando, FL with the family and I just don't think I can walk that much anymore at my age. Any Suggestions of Scooter Rentals and what makes them the best one to choose? Many Thanks! :earsboy:

Gold Mobility, just know you are paying a flat rate for the first 7 days, but they should be less expensive than 6 days anywhere else, especially when you consider they include cup holder, fan, cell phone holder, captains chair (on victory models) and theft/damage insurance (others charge extra for damage insurance and don't even offer theft).

They also meet on your schedule, a lot of others have set times per resort.

I'll be doing 6 full days at the Disney Theme Parks in Orlando, FL with the family and I just don't think I can walk that much anymore at my age. Any Suggestions of Scooter Rentals and what makes them the best one to choose? Many Thanks! :earsboy:
Gold Mobility. We rented for 2 full weeks and price was the best around. They delivered the 2 scooters to Orange Lake Country Club right on time. Unfortunately the country club "could not fine them" (seriously) until the next morning at 10 am. Mike from Gold stayed in contact with us until we had our wheels! OLCC fault, not GM.
We also had an issue with 1 scooter where the battery just started to die after 2 hours. I called, they were at Epcot in 25 minutes with another scooter. I think having a problem with 1 of their scooters is an exception. But so good to know they responded immediately.
GM also recommended using Mears Taxi service for our transfers to save money. Greatly appreciated their advice.

We've always used Apple. You have to be present to receive the scooter now though. They've been fantastic any time we've had an issue and very accommodating to my dad's requests.

Even if you choose a company that will deliver to be held for your arrival, I recommend scheduling a time to accept delivery.

It's helpful to have the agent do a scooter operation demo, showing you where and how to connect the charger.

That way, any questions you may have can be easily answered.

Over the years we have had mobility scooter rental experience with all the local Mobility scooter rental companies in the Disney area. The last six rentals we rented with Gold Mobility Scooters. Gold Mobility is by far have the the nicest rental scooters, and best overall service we have ever experienced. Each time we've rented between 2-4 scooters for our group, and we have never experienced a single issue. They also include stuff that other companies don't. I personally like the built in fan the best, it works great to keep us cool. Before we changed to Gold, we were always worried about battery life and getting stuck in the parks. Since the change we don't even pack the charger anymore. We just charge at night and have never had an issue with a gold's scooter battery life. On delivery they do a DEMO for you, and explain all the features of the scooter.

On delivery they do a DEMO for you, and explain all the features of the scooter.
LOL, on a recent stay, where I'd rented from Gold Mobility, when I got the scooter, I was anxious to get it and GO to the theme parks. The delivery person had to call me back and say "Please humor me for a minute and let me show you the features".

LOL, on a recent stay, where I'd rented from Gold Mobility, when I got the scooter, I was anxious to get it and GO to the theme parks. The delivery person had to call me back and say "Please humor me for a minute and let me show you the features".
Yes, always do so, even if you have rented from them before, they are always coming up with improvements to their scooters, many times that just means better fans, etc., but sometimes there are functional changes, maybe the seat is now more adjustable, etc. and it is always nice to know these things.

Yes, always do so, even if you have rented from them before, they are always coming up with improvements to their scooters, many times that just means better fans, etc., but sometimes there are functional changes, maybe the seat is now more adjustable, etc. and it is always nice to know these things.
Between all the extras Gold Mobility gives you and the price you pay its a no brainer.

Between all the extras Gold Mobility gives you and the price you pay its a no brainer.

What extras? We might need to rent one for someone in our party this summer. I looked and it looked like you would choose one extra but otherwise its the scooter and charger?

Never rented one before though.

We just got back and used Gold Mobility. It was fine but the batteries did not have any straps/handles on them. It was VERY difficult to take the batteries off every day without the handle. I don't know if they all come like that or if they just forgot handles on ours. Apple Scooters always had a handle on the batteries. When you have to disassemble/reassemble at least 4 times a day it gets really OLD not haveing those handles!

We just got back and used Gold Mobility. It was fine but the batteries did not have any straps/handles on them. It was VERY difficult to take the batteries off every day without the handle. I don't know if they all come like that or if they just forgot handles on ours. Apple Scooters always had a handle on the batteries. When you have to disassemble/reassemble at least 4 times a day it gets really OLD not haveing those handles!
This is actually a new design on the batteries produced within the last 6 months or so, prior to that they did always have handles on them.

I only know this because when DH had to replace the batteries on his, he looked high and low at batteries and aside from cheap knock off batteries that you wouldn't want, none of them had handles.

So, it is likely that Apple scooters wouldn't either anymore, unless you happened to get one with the older battery design.

Why the battery manufacturers all thought it was a good idea to get rid of the handles is beyond me. This is indeed an issue if you need to keep removing them, my point here is that it isn't just Gold with the issue.

My suggestion is to mention this to Gold Mobility so they are aware it is an issue and they likely will start thinking about what could be done to fix this issue.

Which scooter did you rent? We just returned and had the GoGo Sport, which is made for breaking down and putting back together. It certainly had a handle for the battery.

Which scooter did you rent? We just returned and had the GoGo Sport, which is made for breaking down and putting back together. It certainly had a handle for the battery.
My GOGO Scooter at home has a handle at the top of the battery, and the Victory Scooter that we rent from Gold Mobility always has handles on top to remove them. I'm wondering if the handles were just missing.

My GOGO Scooter at home has a handle at the top of the battery, and the Victory Scooter that we rent from Gold Mobility always has handles on top to remove them. I'm wondering if the handles were just missing.
Pride Victory 3 wheel. It was super annoying to tear down/put together without the handles.

We had a great experience with Gold Mobility so I would easily recommend them. We are planning a tentative 2024 return and will be using them again.

Gold gives you 1 free accessory. We chose a rear basket since we will be walking to two parks from Dolphin. Always had great experiences with Gold and batteries last. Love the cell holder.

Gold gives you 1 free accessory. We chose a rear basket since we will be walking to two parks from Dolphin. Always had great experiences with Gold and batteries last. Love the cell holder.
We love the extra accessories Gold Mobility has, I keep my phone in the phone holder all day plugged into the USB port to keep it 100% charged all the time. I put my water bottle in the front holder and my adult before in the second cup holder. I reserved the canopy last time, and between the canopy and the electric fan they have it did a great job keeping us much cooler and comfortable. 12 hours into the day and our batteries were both going strong. No fear at all of a dead battery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter