Scooter Mom Rides Again !!! A Thanksgiving TR-Nov.21-25(Updated12/26-closingthoughts)

The Artist's Palette looks really cute, those chicken nuggets look yummy! :thumbsup2

I love the Lady pillow pet! I debated getting an Eeyore one when I was just there, but I didn't...maybe I will in February! They are super cute! :cool1:

Wow, I can't imagine being in Epcot on Thanksgiving, that must be amazing! I really need to eat at Akershus someday, so I can get into Epcot early! :rolleyes1

Yay Figment!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes One of my favorite "awww" moments was one day being in Epcot for rope drop, and while, yes, I was going with the crowd to Soarin, there was a little boy and (I'm going to guess) his dad, and they were SO EXCITED to go to Figment. It was awesome. :thumbsup2

The Artist's Palette looks really cute, those chicken nuggets look yummy! :thumbsup2

I love the Lady pillow pet! I debated getting an Eeyore one when I was just there, but I didn't...maybe I will in February! They are super cute! :cool1:

Wow, I can't imagine being in Epcot on Thanksgiving, that must be amazing! I really need to eat Akershus someday, so I can get into Epcot early! :rolleyes1

It is a really cute place. They have some really neat light fixtures in there.

You should get him !! They really are very cute and super soft !!

Being in Epcot for Thanksgiving was really amazing. We really enjoyed our day there. It was really crowdd though. DH did the Segway tour on this trip and he said it was awesome riding it through the empty World Showcase.

Yay Figment!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes One of my favorite "awww" moments was one day being in Epcot for rope drop, and while, yes, I was going with the crowd to Soarin, there was a little boy and (I'm going to guess) his dad, and they were SO EXCITED to go to Figment. It was awesome. :thumbsup2

We love Figment !! It is a must do every time we go. Love it. DD knows all of the spots where the smells and noise happen.

Figment has a purple Christmas tree? :rotfl2: Not sure what I was expecting! :lmao:

I now officially need an Eeyore pillow!

Figment has a purple Christmas tree? :rotfl2: Not sure what I was expecting! :lmao:

I now officially need an Eeyore pillow!

He does have a purple Christmas tree !! My sister would love it since purple is her favorite color.

Of course you do !! Maybe if you ask Santa ?? :santa:

Figment is a must do every vacation. It was my son's favorite ride as a child and it brings back happy memories of my little boy not the grown man that he is now. I would love to get on it with no other riders. I'd break the rules and use flash in a few spots.

Figment is a must do every vacation. It was my son's favorite ride as a child and it brings back happy memories of my little boy not the grown man that he is now. I would love to get on it with no other riders. I'd break the rules and use flash in a few spots.

This is what we did. I used flash !! :rotfl2::lmao: No one was there to care. I only got a few decent photos though. It is hard to photograph with a point and shoot.

This is what we did. I used flash !! :rotfl2::lmao: No one was there to care. I only got a few decent photos though. It is hard to photograph with a point and shoot.

I agree. I am taking my DSLR's next trip. I'll have my DH to help carry the bag around. Even they can be difficult to capture a good picture at times.

Love the hats on the kids. :thumbsup2

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: someone else showing the love for Figment! I pray it really isn't going away as rumor has it.

Can't wait to hear about your breakfast (we've only done lunch there).

I haven't been on Figment in years because Mum can't stand him. I try to drag her on, but that doesn't work out so well...

I can't wait to hearwell readabout your ADR!

Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22, 2012

DSC05397.jpg

How precious is this picture?!

That stinks there was no room at the inn (oh wait, that's a different holiday) for y'all and you had pack up and wait. This is part of the reason I don't like resort hopping. At least, if you are so inclined, you can call bell services and they'll handle the luggage transfer for you. I'm generally not inclined in that direction, but am glad to know I could do it if I so desired.

We really missed y'all the night before at the Lights, but you gotta take care of that ankle lady so we can have a TR with a great title like "Wheels? I Don't Need No Stinkin' Wheels. Scooter Mom Walks the World". I do think you should get on for Jan. though. Cold air and all that walking don't sound like a good combo to me. And that concludes the unsolicited medical advice portion of this post.

We went for a.m. EMH at MK on Thanksgiving, and let me tell you, the only time I've seen more people waiting to get in the MK was on the 40th anniversary. Holy cow, it was packed, and ended up being pretty much a waste of time. I don't know what they were doing over at Space, but it was at total CF trying to get in the place, and then they didn't open Frontierland for EMH, which was our whole purpose in going to EMH-hitting the Mountains. We'd done pretty much everything else we wanted to do earlier in the week. We shoulda gone back over to FLE and gone to ETwB. Live and learn.

Can't wait to read about your b'fast since we didn't really get to talk about it. I hope you had a nice Aurora. Both princess meals we've done she was kind of a snooty royal- signed, smiled and moved on. Mulan and Jasmine made up for it though. They were so wonderful the time we went. All this princess talk makes me want to book it again.

Its neat that they have virtual versions of a lot of the rides in DisneyQuest. I've read about Sids Create-a-Toy and I always thought it would be like Build-a-Bear, but it didn't look like that from the photo's.

I love your DD's hat that she is wearing in EPCOT, so cute!

I agree. I am taking my DSLR's next trip. I'll have my DH to help carry the bag around. Even they can be difficult to capture a good picture at times.

I though about getting one, but the point and shoot does what I need it to do. AND I can keep in my pocket.

Love the hats on the kids. :thumbsup2

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: someone else showing the love for Figment! I pray it really isn't going away as rumor has it.

Can't wait to hear about your breakfast (we've only done lunch there).

We LOVE Figment !! Never miss it.

Breakfast post coming up !!

I haven't been on Figment in years because Mum can't stand him. I try to drag her on, but that doesn't work out so well...

I can't wait to hearwell readabout your ADR!

Just make her wait while you go. It's not like there is ever a long line. If we ever see you there, you can go with us. How can you not like Figment ?? It makes no sense.

Akershus ADR coming up !!

I though about getting one, but the point and shoot does what I need it to do. AND I can keep in my pocket.

I had a point and shoot like that and it did take nice pics. Unfortunately I was taking pics of my grandsons baseball game and keeping score and trying to stay dry and warm as Sandy was approaching - and something had to give. I dropped it on the extended lens and no more camera. I like having the bigger cameras because they are around my neck and harder to drop.

How precious is this picture?!

Thanks. It is DH's hat. He likes hats.

That stinks there was no room at the inn (oh wait, that's a different holiday) for y'all and you had pack up and wait. This is part of the reason I don't like resort hopping. At least, if you are so inclined, you can call bell services and they'll handle the luggage transfer for you. I'm generally not inclined in that direction, but am glad to know I could do it if I so desired.

I told DH we could do that, but he didn't want to bother so we packed everything up and left it in the car. I don't know that it was safer .......

We really missed y'all the night before at the Lights, but you gotta take care of that ankle lady so we can have a TR with a great title like "Wheels? I Don't Need No Stinkin' Wheels. Scooter Mom Walks the World". I do think you should get on for Jan. though. Cold air and all that walking don't sound like a good combo to me. And that concludes the unsolicited medical advice portion of this post.

I will most likely rent another scooter in January since it still hurts pretty bad to walk short distances - so I can't even fathom being able to do long distances

We went for a.m. EMH at MK on Thanksgiving, and let me tell you, the only time I've seen more people waiting to get in the MK was on the 40th anniversary. Holy cow, it was packed, and ended up being pretty much a waste of time. I don't know what they were doing over at Space, but it was at total CF trying to get in the place, and then they didn't open Frontierland for EMH, which was our whole purpose in going to EMH-hitting the Mountains. We'd done pretty much everything else we wanted to do earlier in the week. We shoulda gone back over to FLE and gone to ETwB. Live and learn.

We missed ETwB this time too. DD and I plan to do it in January. I don't understand the fact that they don't open Frontierland for EMH. It makes no sense.

Can't wait to read about your b'fast since we didn't really get to talk about it. I hope you had a nice Aurora. Both princess meals we've done she was kind of a snooty royal- signed, smiled and moved on. Mulan and Jasmine made up for it though. They were so wonderful the time we went. All this princess talk makes me want to book it again.

Character interaction was good. DD can be kinda shy with them, it is hard for them to draw her out. All she wants is a picture and an autograph anyway.

Its neat that they have virtual versions of a lot of the rides in DisneyQuest. I've read about Sids Create-a-Toy and I always thought it would be like Build-a-Bear, but it didn't look like that from the photo's.

I love your DD's hat that she is wearing in EPCOT, so cute!

Yes, that create a toy thing looked weird. Not warm and fuzzy like Build a Bear.

DD loves her Pluto hat !!

Day 2 – Part 2

After Figment - DD traded some vinylmations. We had this one.

DSC05438.jpg

DSC05440.jpg

She got this one.

DSC05442.jpg

After that, we headed towards Norway and our breakfast with the princesses. DD was very excited about it.

DSC05443.jpg

DSC05444.jpg

DSC05445.jpg

DSC05446.jpg

DSC05448.jpg

DSC05450.jpg

DSC05452.jpg

So we got there and checked in and were called right away.

DSC05473.jpg

DD had her picture taken with Belle.

DSC05454.jpg

I didn’t realize that her hat was covering her face. Thankfully, the reservation comes with a complimentary photo.

Princess.jpg

We were seated right by the buffet which was good for me since I couldn’t walk very well at all.

Some restaurant photos.

DSC05455.jpg

DSC05456.jpg

We got some pastries.

DSC05458.jpg

Starting from the bagel clockwise, I had a cinnamon roll, cherry Danish, ligonberry muffin, chocolate croissant thingy and in the middle and apple turnover.

I didn’t eat all of these, but more or less had a bite or two of each. I did finish the muffin and cherry Danish since they were the best ones. All of the others we just OK.

Right away, our waitress brought our hot plate of “all you care to enjoy”

DSC05459.jpg

Clockwise from the eggs, bacon, sausage and potato casserole.

All of this was good. Even the bacon was was thicker and better than normal Disney bacon. DD really loved it. And these were the best eggs we have ever had a Disney. Cooked perfectly for once.

Then the princesses started coming. Aurora was first.

DSC05463.jpg

DSC05464.jpg

Then Jasmine

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05466.jpg

Jasmine was our best interaction from this day. We had a conversation about Rajah and what he does all day.

Then Snow White

DSC05468.jpg

Then Ariel. DD was excited to meet her since she had never done so before.

DSC05469.jpg

DSC05470.jpg

And then we were done. We very much enjoyed our breakfast. DH really liked it as well. He loves a big breakfast. Service was good and character interaction was great. We would definitely do this again.

DSC05471.jpg

Great pictures with the princesses (I don't know what it is about "the" Snow Whites....but they look scary to me.

Breakfast bacon that is good???? WOW! I think we'll skip the breakfast as I don't like scrambled eggs and it would be kind of a waste cost wise for us.

The restaurant is beautiful though.

Great pictures with the princesses (I don't know what it is about "the" Snow Whites....but they look scary to me.

Breakfast bacon that is good???? WOW! I think we'll skip the breakfast as I don't like scrambled eggs and it would be kind of a waste cost wise for us.

The restaurant is beautiful though.

Hahaha - I agree about the princesses. I think they try to teach them to open their eyes wide so they don't blink or something. Then they end up looking spooky.

Yes, the bacon seemed more like real bacon and not like that precooked Disney bacon they usually serve.

Your breakfast at Akershus looks really good!! The picture with DD and Belle and her hat covering her face is too cute!! :goodvibes

Your breakfast at Akershus looks really good!! The picture with DD and Belle and her hat covering her face is too cute!! :goodvibes

It was really good. We would do it again. Even DS liked it and he was like "oh brother" over having breakfast with the princesses.

She loves that Pluto hat and wore it the whole trip. So she either has the hat on ... or hat head. And that is OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter