Scooter from Epcot resorts to DHS

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by Simba's Mom, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

Has anyone ridden their scooter from BCV to DHS and back? I'm wondering if the charge might be a problem. We're considering going over to DHS for a few hours (not the whole day) and DH would prefer to walk than to take the boat. But both of us are concerned about how my ECV might hold up charge-wise. Any one done it?

2. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

I have never done that on a trip, but I own my own scooter and I know mine would last that long. It will last all day.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. GranJan

GranJan Mouseketeer

I've done it plenty of times with no problem as long as my battery is fully charged. That's one reason we love staying at the Epcot resorts.

5. Nanajo1

Nanajo1 DIS Veteran

I have done trip from BWV to DHS many times without a problem. I charge my ECV every night Don't worry the ECV can go for longer than you think, turn the power off when you plan to be still for awhile like in a show or watching a parade.

6. tobikaye

tobikaye DIS Veteran

Most fully charged scooters will go 10-14 miles per charge. My sister's scooter holds the charge for touring 2 parks in one day easily.

7. bluecruiser

bluecruiser DIS Veteran

One thing to add - if you're concerned about your scooter running out of power during a long day, take your charger with you so you can charge the ECV during down times (e.g., meals, parades, etc.).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  8. Jake

Jake Mouseketeer

That the great thing about a scooter with a full charge. That go forever. Best part is you can use the back gate, and not mess with Busses