Scooter delivery off-site

Julie Amber

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had experience renting a scooter from an off-site place and having it delivered to somewhere not on Disney property? We are looking at renting an air bnb for our next trip and absolutely loved renting scooters, but someone told me today that you couldn't have them delivered anywhere but Disney Resort hotels. We rented from Scooter Orlando last time. Great experience. Zippy scooters and we didn't have to rent for the whole week. Awesome prices. Someone else in my party rented from Disney and her scooter was terrible. Super slow, not to mention almost twice as expensive. So, we're really hoping to get an off site rental delivered to our air bnb. Any thoughts or experiences?

What do the websites of these companies say? I would just go ahead and call them. Even if someone has had them deliver off site in the past, this might not be a thing they do anymore.

What @Lilsia said - I would call the vendor(s) you are considering, and speak to them about your plans.

Be sure to let the scooter rental folks know what kind of vehicle you will be renting, so that they can steer you to a device that will break down easily for transport in that vehicle. (Some scooters have heavier "chunks" that they break into; some are lightweight enough that they need very little disassembly; they can vary widely.)

If you wind up using the same vendor you used last time, you can also ask if they have a "repeat customer" discount - never hurts to try! And if you use a new vendor, ask if they will give you a "new customer" discount LOL. You might get nothing, but you might get a little bit of savings - and that's money you can use for shopping or dining! (Two of *my* favorite things! LOL)

someone told me today that you couldn't have them delivered anywhere but Disney Resort hotels
This is not true. There are definitely vendors who will deliver to non-Disney hotels or resorts. However, you mention Airbnb which essentially is essentially a private residence so it may depend on location and accessibility (such as a gated community). As others suggest, contact a few vendors and ask. It will be most helpful if you already know where you are staying.

Has anyone had experience renting a scooter from an off-site place and having it delivered to somewhere not on Disney property?

I rented from Buena Vista scooters one time and had it delivered to the Marriott World Center in Orlando. it's a massive hotel and they left it with the Bell Services.

I now use Gold Mobility and they have to meet up with you in person - as does BV and many other companies that deliver to Disney hotels since only one vendor can leave with the Bell Services at this point still I'm guessing. I agree to call and see if they will deliver to a private house.

You will likely need a portable scooter that you can break down and fit into your vehicle. This is what I rented when at the Marriott WC and we had a minivan so no problems fitting in that! Portable scooters generally work better (hold a charge longer) the lighter you are - at least that's what the company told me - so perhaps discuss that with the company you call if you think that's an issue.

I rented from Buena Vista scooters one time and had it delivered to the Marriott World Center in Orlando. it's a massive hotel and they left it with the Bell Services.

I now use Gold Mobility and they have to meet up with you in person - as does BV and many other companies that deliver to Disney hotels since only one vendor can leave with the Bell Services at this point still I'm guessing. I agree to call and see if they will deliver to a private house.

You will likely need a portable scooter that you can break down and fit into your vehicle. This is what I rented when at the Marriott WC and we had a minivan so no problems fitting in that! Portable scooters generally work better (hold a charge longer) the lighter you are - at least that's what the company told me - so perhaps discuss that with the company you call if you think that's an issue.

Great info. Thanks!

Great info. Thanks!
I also don't know why you couldn't arrange to meet a vendor (like Gold Mobility) at a Disney resort and meet them there again to return it. I met them outside of the Pop Century store in the lobby for example - they really didn't know or perhaps care where I'm sleeping at night. This is assuming the resorts still allow for visitors and you could park in visitor parking and have a car to transport it back to your rental.

We never did an air bnb. We have stayed at an offsite resort, Residence Inn and we had scooters delivered there. We have picked up our scooter from the vendor ourselves, too.

It sounds like you want more than one scooter. Make sure you can fit multiple scooters in your vehicle.

Gold dropped off with Bellman at Swan and also picked up without meeting me. New scooter with phone holder, cane holder, fan and battery that never ran down in the parks. Love that company

Gold dropped off with Bellman at Swan and also picked up without meeting me. New scooter with phone holder, cane holder, fan and battery that never ran down in the parks. Love that company
Good to hear! They are dropping at the the Swan for me in 4 weeks. We are spending the night there before our Boardwalk reservation starts so I am having them leave it with bell services.

This was a couple years ago but Gold Mobility delivered to a private townhouse. They just need a valid address, service was great.

First time ECV user here now, staying off site. I went with Gold Mobility Scooters. My hotel was not listed on the drop down menu on their website but all I had to do was manually enter the hotel name and address and select a delivery time. I had expected I would have to meet them for drop off but that wasn't the case; they left it with the front desk.

I selected a 3 wheel Pride Go Go Elite scooter which breaks down for easier transport. I had reserved an intermediate class car with Alamo and was quite worried what trunk space that would give us, figured at worst we would put a piece or two in the backseat if we had to, but it all ended up fitting in the trunk (Hyundai Elantra). I had viewed youtube tutorials beforehand to learn how to do dis- and re-assembly; would recommend if you do not meet them in person, otherwise I hear they run you through the process.

My 20 yr old son has been the best, doing the bulk of the set up, break down for me and carrying the battery each night up to our room to charge rather than the whole scooter. I can walk, just have nerve damage and heart issues due to prior cancer treatment which reduce my stamina and slow my pace. Not sure how well I would be able to handle doing that on my own given my issues.

Battery has some weight to it, 35 lbs? We did Hollywood Studios yesterday Valentine's Day and the scooter worked very well (not that I have any basis of comparison, keep in mind). Some of the queuing is tight so I am not sure how well the 4 wheeled handle that. At my weight (205), and with a lot of stop and start queuing, shutting off when I was at a standstill to save battery life, 9 hours at the park, by the end of the day I could see battery life beginning to slow but it still was working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!