Scooter Adventures, Twinsies Reunited, and a Bit of Christmas Cheer! Complete 6/22

Then came the "Let There Be Peace on Earth" tag, which I really enjoyed.
IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0357.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

Mom really liked it too, said it was not what she was expecting at all. I think she was thinking it would be Christmas-y, like Holiday Wishes, and not a "peace and unity" theme.

During the show, it had been sprinkling a bit, but right as it ended, the rain came down and it was pouring. We headed for the exit with the other tens of thousand of guests in the park, and as we were walking I heard some familiar voices. It was my friend Emily and some of my other co-workers that I had met during my college program! Hugs were exchanged and some catching up was done while we kept heading up front. :grouphug: It was so nice to see them again!

Got a shot of the tree on the way out as well.
IMG_0405.JPG

We made it back to the bus stop. Only two minutes of waiting and a bus was there; all three scooters that were waiting were able to board, and we had some more good samaritans that helped us as the scooter was starting to die again. :sad1: Back at Wilderness Lodge, we did some packing and headed to bed for our last night.

On our last day, we were supposed to wake up at 8 in order to make a breakfast ADR at Olivia's over at Old Key West. Well, we decided we liked sleep a little more, and made a different reservation for a few hours later at Whispering Canyon. We finished our packing, checked our bags with bell services (which we had to go outside to do) and were waiting for our beeper to go off at the restaurant by 11.

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

Kristen and Ellen were our servers and they were fun without being over the top.
IMG_0419.JPG

I chose the Buttermilk pancakes with bacon, which were delicious, and mom ordered the Belgian Waffle with maple butter and candied pecan topping. She loved the entree, said it was light and fluffy, but she didn't care for the bacon-thought it had too much of a smokey flavor.
IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

We sang happy birthday to one table, and although there were a couple of calls for ketchup, no one seemed to answer them. I don't know if the other guests just didn't care about the antics, or like us, didn't have any ketchup to offer.

After breakfast we boarded a bus to Downtown Disney. It came almost immediately, which was absolutely shocking!

Disney Days of Christmas was our first stop, and Mom ended up purchasing a door decoration.
IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

We also stopped in at World of Disney and Goofy's Candy Co. (of course!).
IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

I went into Earl of Sandwich to get us lunch and we took it back to the resort to enjoy. Waiting for the bus, it only took 5-10 minutes. :cheer2:

We went up to the seating area overlooking Bay Lake to eat. It was very peaceful and we had a great view.

My sandwich choice was something new for me, the All American. (I suspect Mom got the Original 1762, which we've had many times before, since I don't have a picture.)
IMG_0428.JPG

I also chose a peppermint brownie for dessert.
IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

Then it was time to go return the scooter, grab our carry ons from Bell Services, and wait for Magical Express. :sad1: The pick up time was 4pm. The bus arrived at 3:55pm, and the driver seemed confused because that wasn't our pick p time but he let us on anyway-there were only two other people on the bus, so it definitely wasn't a space issue. We also stopped at the Poly and GF again before heading back to the airport. We were dropped off first, security wasn't bad, and we had plenty of time to get to the gate. In fact, we spent a lot of time at the gate, as the plane had just done an international flight or something so was being cleaned up and we were delayed a bit. Nobody was telling us anything though; but the crew was waiting to board and all the guests were starting to line up because it was close to departure time. Finally we were able to board, the flight home was uneventful, and our bags were waiting for us at the airport!

Another great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter