Sci-Fi or Mama Melrose??????????

CuteKatCar

DIS Veteran
We are in the crowd that really likes Sci-Fi. However, we've eaten there 2 years in a row. Prior to that we ate at MM - twice in a row with the Fantasmic package - and we weren't that crazy about it. I really HATE the 50's PT, (we ate there the past 2 years in a row also) so that's out.

We were thinking of trying Mama Melrose again - I love to hear comments, so bring 'em on :bounce: :bounce: .......thanks!!

Anna

we were toying with the same problem but since I've tried MM and wasn't too impressed and the fact that we doing Italian in epcot a different night, we went with the sci fi after reading some reviews on here about their milkshakes and burgers, and the overall experience seems good.

Are you doing italian any other nights?

We skipped Italy this year so that's why I thought maybe Mama Melrose.

I'm especially interested in knowing how the Calarmari is and my DD *Loves* penne vodka, so I was hoping that was decent. We are already figuring the calarmari to be mediocre.

Too many decisions :confused3 !!

Anna

Does anyone have any information on whether Mama Melrose is changing names and theme. I read a hint in the Birnbaum book. I was planning on reserving there for the Fantasmic package when we go in December. Any help would be appreciated.

CuteKatCar said:
We skipped Italy this year so that's why I thought maybe Mama Melrose.

I'm especially interested in knowing how the Calarmari is and my DD *Loves* penne vodka, so I was hoping that was decent. We are already figuring the calarmari to be mediocre.

Too many decisions :confused3 !!

Anna

Just saw you're also from Central jersey!

If I was in your shoes, I'd probably do MM since you've done sci fi the past few years and aren't doing italian any other night (i'm a huuuuuuge Italian food fan). just my opinion though. it's disney...so you'll enjoy whatever you do. good luck deciding..I know it's hard when there's so much to choose from. :p

Hi Tim,

I noticed that too. We're from Cranford. I've seen some other people from my town too. One who lives a few blocks away, but we don't know each other!!

I am leaning towards MM, because that's the joy of Disney - going back and there's always so much to choose from.

Anna

Perhaps you can do both? You can get a Fantasmic Package w/MM and make that your big meal. Earlier in the day, or on a different MGM day, you can stop at Sci-Fi for desserts only.

CuteKatCar said:
Hi Tim,

I noticed that too. We're from Cranford. I've seen some other people from my town too. One who lives a few blocks away, but we don't know each other!!

I am leaning towards MM, because that's the joy of Disney - going back and there's always so much to choose from.

Anna

Hi Anna,

Yep you're right up the parkway from me. I love going into Westfield..it's like a mini Princeton. really nice.

Anyways, have a great trip!! This time next week I'll be landing in FL.
:banana: :banana:

We love MM. We do it every trip. We eat lighter at lunch. We've gotten their salad and soup. Sometimes split an entree. We like the service and atmosphere. It's a quiet place, a bit out of the way I know, to just chill and relax. Enjoy!

Del

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter