Sci Fi opinions please

ladyjayhawk

DIS Veteran
Has anyone eaten at Sci Fi recently? I remember reading a while ago that if you stuck with the hamburger you would be okay. Has the rest of the food improved? Trying to decide if it is worth using DDP here. Can you get a milkshake with the DDP? Thanks!

I had the bruschetta chicken sandwich and it was quite good. My husband had the shrimp pasta sans shrimp and it was also tasty. We were able to get milkshakes with the DDP in addition to dessert. My apple tart was the best dessert I had the whole trip. I actually didn't like my vanilla milkshake much but husband drank his whole chocolate shake. We ordered spinach and artichoke dip for an appetizer which was pretty good.

Overall, just don't expect super gourmet food. But the food they serve is good and the experience is one of a kind!

Had dinner there last Friday. They were serving a Wedge Salad with Beef. Reaaly good salad. Basically a wedge of Iceberg Lettuce with some thin slices of steak (flank I think), tomatoes, bacon, egg and Blue Cheese dressing. A very good dish.

its not the meal, its the experience which is pretty cool. having said that, i usually get the rueben, DW the ribs and DD the chicken or the cheeseburger and we all feel fine about it.

We've been to Sci-fi a few times. The Shrimp Pasta and the Hamburger are both delicious, and the milkshakes are good too. We haven't liked some of the other food, unfortunately.

I REALLY wish they would add some new material to the 45-minute loop... it sometimes loops while we're there! :dance3: The same recording each time we go does detract from the experience for us.

We're skipping it on this upcoming trip in favor of other DHS meals.

DH liked the ribs when we went but we do normally stick to the burgers, onion rings, and milkshakes! :)

I had the smoked turkey sandwich with side fruit salad earlier this year and it was by far the worst food I've ever eaten in my life, way worse than my own cooking and that says alot. I could not tell you which was worse, the sandwich or the salad. I'm not picky but I could not eat this food.

We go here every trip and have been "okay" with the burgers (we do not think they are fantastic but they are average) but trying to eat low-fat, thought I'd change it up and do the turkey to be healthy. BIG mistake. I'll be back in January, sticking with the unhealthy burger.

In past, I've also had the reuben and chicken sandwich but the burgers are better.

we went in september with low expectations but we really really liked it!

I had the tofu and my husband the pasta and everything was delicious, and the desserts:worship:

Plus the place is really cool, you have to try it! We can't wait to go back!

Whenever we ate there in Sept. we all enjoyed our food.
DH had the Ribs, I had the Shrimp Pasta, DS had a Veggie Burger,
and DSBFF had Ribs also. I also really enjoyed the Ice Cream Sunday
for dessert. This was my DS Favorite Meal and Experiance of our whole
trip.

We ate dinner there in Sept. & really enjoyed it. Two of us had burgers & onion rings, which were really good & my son had the bbq ribs which were good as well. The milkshakes are awesome & do count as a drink on the adult DDP (no refills though) My kids loved them so much they had the oreo shakes as a drink AND dessert! :thumbsup2

We have gone to Sci Fi several times and have always enjoyed it:thumbsup2 We have had the rueben, ribs, cheeseburgers, onion rings, salad, kids meals and milkshakes and have always been very pleased. We love the atmosphere and have had great service. I loved my vanilla milkshake as did my kids. Actually, my DS9 has picked Sci Fi as his one choice of eating anywhere and we are actually meeting our close friends there for lunch on our February trip as a surprise for all of the kids. We can't wait!;)

Hey, thanks for the info.....even though I didn't ask the questions!:goodvibes DH and I are going to the World in January, and I have wanted to try Sci Fi, but just haven't! Guess I should see if I can get an ADR!! Have a great day everyone!:thumbsup2

We've been to Sci-Fi several times. We were there earlier this year and were trying to stay on the "healthy" side so we skipped the burgers and shakes. I can't recall exactly what we had but I do remember thinking that we shoulda' stayed with the burger and shakes like we did on our previous visit. Not that the food was bad, it was just..unremarkable.

We enjoyed our experience there, the food was good and the atmosphere is so much fun. I had the BLT soup and a milkshake and both were very good. Others in the party had burgers and onion rings and really enjoyed them. We plan on returning for our next trip.

We were there a couple of days ago. I had the burger and it was fine. My wife had the italian chicken sandwich and she didn't like it. She though it was cold and felt it had been sitting out. Not sure if the sandwich was supposed to be served cold or not, but we switched and I though it was fine, just not my type of sandwich :P

Also had the chocolate/peanut butter cake thing. Heavy on the chocolate, thought the peanut butter center was underwhelming. Still, it was decent aside from price (which is pretty much a universal disney statement).

Nope The food didn't change. A hamburger would be the only thing I get. I would go for lunch and would not use the DDP. Just my opinion.

We ate at Sci Fi in July, and we all enjoyed our lunch! We all had burgers (or some type of sandwich) and it was good! DH had the vanilla shake and it was VERY good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter