Sci Fi Dine In- Yay or Nay?

Like a lot of other people, we loved the cars, the atmosphere, and the cheesy films! But I was not a fan of the food. Not bad by any means, but just very plain and average. Still, for anyone that's never been, definitely try it for yourself!

I've never eatin there. But I feel like it's the same food as the commissary. Menu is very similar.

The atmosphere and experience are a MUST at least once... for lunch..... if you're looking for amazing FOOD I would say keep looking... For 3 adults that would be awkward. I am a little pooh sized and i was smashed in my seat last time we were there. My son loved it though so that's all that matters to me.

Honestly, not my favorite, but my son loves it so we go every trip. The food is bland at best, and the seating is awkward, but it's air-conditioned and it makes my son happy.

oh we love sci fi, with those same clips they play year after year, we love it!! The best hamburger, onion rings and shakes! yum yum, can't wait to go back!!

Some of these posts are hilarious! This restaurant is more like an attraction. Who cares if the food is average? If you want to have conversation, go to a regular restaurant - do people have conversations during Carousel of Progress or Pixar Film Shorts? The reason this restaurant is so popular and so hard to get ADR's at is because it ENTERTAINS the same way an attraction would entertain. Dinging the restaurant because of lack of food quality, loudness, inability to communicate effectively, a phone ringing in the seat lol - those are reasons that indicate to me that an atmospheric restaurant is just not for you.

Some of these posts are hilarious! This restaurant is more like an attraction. Who cares if the food is average? If you want to have conversation, go to a regular restaurant - do people have conversations during Carousel of Progress or Pixar Film Shorts? The reason this restaurant is so popular and so hard to get ADR's at is because it ENTERTAINS the same way an attraction would entertain. Dinging the restaurant because of lack of food quality, loudness, inability to communicate effectively, a phone ringing in the seat lol - those are reasons that indicate to me that an atmospheric restaurant is just not for you.

I cannot think of any better reason to ding a restaurant than for FOOD quality.

Probably one of the best themed restaurants on the property with good but not great food. I've gone here for dinner basically every trip dating back to when I was a kid, so I might be a bit biased :) . Only negative I had from the last visit (honeymoon in Fall of 2018) was the wait. We had a reservation on our last night and waited about 45 minutes for a table which was less than ideal. I understand that there's limited table service options within HS, but it's also not a good look to give walk ups car tables ahead of people on the dining plan who made a reservation months in advance.

We're heading back in the Fall (daughter's first trip), and Sci-Fi is on our "backup" list for reservations.

Probably one of the best themed restaurants on the property with good but not great food. I've gone here for dinner basically every trip dating back to when I was a kid, so I might be a bit biased :) . Only negative I had from the last visit (honeymoon in Fall of 2018) was the wait. We had a reservation on our last night and waited about 45 minutes for a table which was less than ideal. I understand that there's limited table service options within HS, but it's also not a good look to give walk ups car tables ahead of people on the dining plan who made a reservation months in advance.

We're heading back in the Fall (daughter's first trip), and Sci-Fi is on our "backup" list for reservations.

Being on the dining plan simply means Disney already had your money. There isn't a ton of incentive for them to make you a priority at that point.

Like a lot of other people, we loved the cars, the atmosphere, and the cheesy films! But I was not a fan of the food. Not bad by any means, but just very plain and average. Still, for anyone that's never been, definitely try it for yourself!

Exactly my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter