Schoolhouse Rock

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When I was looking through Disney+ today I noticed that they now have Schoolhouse Rock and I got to see two episodes of it and I can honestly say Schoolhouse Rock was amazing and the shows I saw were Three Is A Magic Number and Figure Eight and it was so cool. I wonder why Schoolhouse Rock hasn't been revived in a new version for the generation of today because today's kids would enjoy watching it because not only because it was fun but educational as well. My mom had encouraged me to watch Schoolhouse Rock as a child because it was educational and she wanted me to learn stuff but it never appealed to me much. Did anyone watch Schoolhouse Rock and what was your favorite episode?

Disney+ has had Schoolhouse Rock since the beginning and they have all episodes. They actually have tried to revive it from time to time - if you watch the later ones you will see a newer style. The computer ones were from the 80's. As for my favorite episode, it's "Conjunction Junction" - what's your function?

Do you remember the Figure Eight episode? That was my favorite episode with the ice skater and it was a cool song and Will Smith even sampled it for one of his songs and Blossom Dearie performed Figure Eight too

Do you remember the Figure Eight episode? That was my favorite episode with the ice skater and it was a cool song and Will Smith even sampled it for one of his songs and Blossom Dearie performed Figure Eight too

I don't remember that one specifically. A few I do remember are:

Three - is the magic number
Interjections! - show excitement or emotion
I'm Just a Bill
The Shot Heard 'Round the World

Last edited:

Wasn't Three Is A Magic Number also used in a Nike commercial? Because I thought that was a neat way for Schoolhouse Rock to do and that commercial is also featured in the Schoolhouse Rock DVD as well

Schoolhouse Rock was always a treat when we watched in school. I'm Just A Bill helped me in my high school senior year government class, lol.

I wonder why Schoolhouse Rock hasn't been revived in a new version for the generation of today because today's kids would enjoy watching it because not only because it was fun but educational as well.
Over the last few decades there have bene other programs that have come along with mild success that have provided an educational component to youth in similar formats. In the late 90s/early 00s ABC Saturday Mornings had a (unsuccessful) cartoon called Science Court that focused on "crimes" that used science to prove what really happened. It was fun and educational, but probably not what most kids wanted to watch.

Today there are other programs used with similar approaches to SHR, but are short in length. Flowcabulary is essentially the SHR of today. My second oldest is in high school and will occasionally still break out the Mesopotamia song, now she sings it with her younger brothers who have recently covered in in class. It's more rap based, but approachable facts for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter