scholastic warehouse sale

lovebuzz

DIS Veteran
I just got back from the sale and the whole warehouse was 50% off!!! Hardcover books were $6.00 and software was $2.50. they also had a huge .25 section. I got my husband a book on baseball it was orig $30 and I got it for $6.00. :Pinkbounc It says that it is only open to teachers and homeschoolers but, I'm just a stay at home mom and they let me in. If you sign up for the fast pass it will also give you a coupon for $10.00 off of $50.00. If you decide to go make sure you have a couple of hours because the warehouse is huge. Happy shopping!!! also, the sale ends on the 27th. However my warehouse decided to extend it until the 28th

www.teacher.scholastic.com/fairs/warehouse

Now you tell me!! :earsboy:

Thanks, that is awesome information, just clicking on all the states and locations!! Wonder if they have anything left????????? :teeth:

:moped:

FYI: They have this sale every Decemeber and May. They also have a few small ones in between. I usually go 4 times a year.

I had never heard of this before.

I am planning on going to the sale in Munhall, PA tomorrow. In your opinion, will there be anything left? Our sale started on the 12th??? and ends on the 27th. I'm sure every warehouse is different, but what do you think?

Obviously, I've never attended one before.

Thanks.

I have gone years in the past, it's a huge warehouse and they always have TONS of stuff. I've gone on the last day and there was no shortage of stuff. I can't imagine them ever being out - I've been to 3 diff locations and it was the same thing at each.

Now if I can just stay away...

My sisters went to the one in Munhall, Pa on Saturday. They got a ton of books. They've always had an abundance of books anytime that I've gone.

Thanks so much. I knew I could count on my DIS friends for good info!!!

I guess my day is planned for tomorrow :)

:confused3 Does anyone know if they allow kids to come in?

I ask because I went to the Cosmetique Warehouse sale (they sell cosmetics by mail in the back of women's magazines usually a month club) and they had a policeman at the door of the warehouse, the doors open (garage type, huge) and he said no children allowed, that the kids could stay and play in the grass area (there were 4 kids, and some adults sitting by) I knew the policeman (he's officer Friendly at the school I work at!) and DD was ok, so I did, but I wouldnt feel comfortable driving an hour away....

eeyore45 said:
:confused3 Does anyone know if they allow kids to come in?

I ask because I went to the Cosmetique Warehouse sale (they sell cosmetics by mail in the back of women's magazines usually a month club) and they had a policeman at the door of the warehouse, the doors open (garage type, huge) and he said no children allowed, that the kids could stay and play in the grass area (there were 4 kids, and some adults sitting by) I knew the policeman (he's officer Friendly at the school I work at!) and DD was ok, so I did, but I wouldnt feel comfortable driving an hour away....

I've taken groups of children many many times to it.

I went today and it was awesome! All books were 50% off list price. They had huge bins of their promotional books, then ones they package 2-3 for $2.95/$3.95 for .50 & .75 cents. They had an isle of .50 books. The best part was I spent $100 so I got to get 100 of the .50 books for FREE. Of course they didn't have $100 different ones, but I got my chrismtas shopping done for the little ones!

And yes they allowed kids.

Any one going to a sale!!! Please look for Clifford Phonics Fun Pack #5 (it is a set of small books with a tape in a box). If any one sees this please PM me....I am missing it to complete my set. I checked ...there are no locations under 2.5 hours away.

I went to the one in Marlborough Mass and purchased $80 worth of stuff. Great prices, well worth the trip !

canwegosoon said:
Any one going to a sale!!! Please look for Clifford Phonics Fun Pack #5 (it is a set of small books with a tape in a box). If any one sees this please PM me....I am missing it to complete my set. I checked ...there are no locations under 2.5 hours away.

They only had pack 6 at ours :confused3 sorry, I tried!

Ok, this is crazy to give you this update - this IS the budget board, afterall. But, here it goes.

I went to the sale today and made a day out of it. It was GREAT. However, my mom and I spent $400!!!! (yes, that's why it's crazy to put this on the budget board). But, we purchased items for 3 boys and my mom. Also, we bought a bunch of DK books and a lot of hardbacks.

I was a little disappointed in that our PA store didn't have the great 25 and 50 cent books that I had heard about, but at 50% we got a lot of $4 for $2. They also didn't have the "spend $100, get 100 .50 books for free". But I did use the $10 off coupon that started this whole thread.

Anyway you look at it, we got over $800 worth of books for $400. I homeschool my children and although we use the library EXTENSIVELY, it's always great to have GOOD books of our own. Actually, several of the books that I purchased (and spent more $$$ on) were books that we had gotten from the library several times and just loved. Some really good history books and good classics.

Well, I just had to share my excitement and amazement over my first trip to the scholastic warehouse sale.

Thanks for the thread on this one!!!!

Are all of you teachers? If not, were they strict about teachers going? I am part of a new charter school...I don't have an actual title, but I might be able to go over there and get some books for the school if they aren't stinky about me not being a teacher.

You don't have to be a teacher to go. The sign there says Appreciation sale for "teachers, assistants, volunteers" etc. They didn't even really look at my preregistration card.

I also had a great time at our local sale yesterday. Thanks to the OP. I live about an hour from this and never knew about it. I ran into someone I knew there who says she goes every year, so I guess the schools know about it but don't let the word out.

We didn't have too many deep discounted items. They were already boxing things back up, so maybe there was more earlier and it was just gone. I saw a few things on sale for 50 cents or $1, but not much. No bonus for spending $100 either or I would have qualified.

My best find was several different paperback Star Wars books for 50 cents each. I bought multiples of each. I keep a "gift closet" for all those last minute birthday gifts and my boy's stash was pretty depleted. I can give a bag full of these and still come out cheap.

Also, my 11yo is desperately hard to buy gifts for, but I found him about a dozen things at 50% off that he will just love. I felt great knocking out some Christmas shopping in May. Also found a few other things for specific gifts.

They had software for $5 and I bought six of those.

I signed up for email notification, so hopefully I can get there earlier next year. Thanks again for sharing the info.

Sheila

Daxx's Wife here. I am a teacher and just got back from our Scholastic Warehouse sale. Any teachers, administratrators, home schoolers and anyone who volunteers with the in-school book sales can attend. I also know that they're pretty much open to anyone, as I've had friends (who are not teachers) attend.

Our sale had the Harry Potter hardback books for $2.50 each after discount, limit of 3 books per title. I bought up 3 of each title and was sorry that I didn't turn around after checking out to purchase more! They had the Harry Potter soft covers for $1.50 each after discount! Unreal! I bought some nice books for 25 cents each, I bought several books in the bargain section that were $1 and then an additional 75% off. Good titles, too.

I always end up spending way more than I ever intend, but use a lot of the books as student gifts (ie: for my Kdg. students, I bought them each a copy of "Junie B. Jones, 1st Grader At Last") as a graduation gift.

I am disappointed, though, b/c I might be changing grades (going from K to 2nd) and haven't received 100% confirmation on if this will happen or not. I hesitated to buy too many Kdg. books. I did buy a lot of pencils ... nicer than the Dollar store pencils and they were 10 for $1 after discount. I spent $11 in pencils, alone. But, as you teachers know, they are perfect for the kids celebrating their bdays and for "happy box" prizes!

They're having another one in my area in June ... and I'm sure I will sink more money there ... hopefully b/c I will have word on what grade I'll ultimately end up with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter