Schedule for EPCOT's Soarin'?

frndofpooh

<font color=green>I just cannot abide the sight of
Now that Soarin' over California has been announced for EPCOT, does anyone have any info about when (month or season) it will open? Does the fact that it already is operating at California Adventure mean that it will be built quickly because all of the technology already exists? I know it's early, but this board always seems to have the scoop. Thanks.

I have read that it would be in 2005 (sorry not more specfic). This would coincide with DL 50th anniversary. They will be selling the ride, with the same film as DL, as a gift from DL in honor of the 50th.

-ceburto2

:D

This is the first that I have even heard of this attraction coming to EPCOT. If it is true, I can't wait! It will be a great addition to the park. Does anyone know where in the park it will be located?

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

I assume that they'll try to have it done in time for the celebration, i.e. May 2005. It'll be located between the Imagination and Land pavilions, the latter of which it will supposedly be a part of.

Originally posted by Mickey76
:D

This is the first that I have even heard of this attraction coming to EPCOT. If it is true, I can't wait! It will be a great addition to the park. Does anyone know where in the park it will be located?

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

From what I've read it will be built between the "Land" pavilion and the "Journey Into Imagination" pavilion. You would enter the queue via the interior of "The Land" and the "Food Rocks" show is being dismantled and the same space will serve as the queue for the "Soarin" attraction.

I had actually heard that it is going to be built on the other side, between The Land and The Living Seas, and that the only attraction scheduled to close as a result would be the film with Timon and Pumbaa. Perhaps the plan has changed? Where have you read about Soarin', ArnyVee? Maybe you have more up to date information! I'd be sad if Food Rocks closed! :(

christmas of 2004 would be awesome!! we'll be there at the beginning of dec 2004...i'm crossing my fingers for a soft opening!! that attraction is one of my favorites from DCA!!!

Originally posted by IASW Rider
I had actually heard that it is going to be built on the other side, between The Land and The Living Seas, and that the only attraction scheduled to close as a result would be the film with Timon and Pumbaa. Perhaps the plan has changed? Where have you read about Soarin', ArnyVee? Maybe you have more up to date information! I'd be sad if Food Rocks closed! :(

I'm sad about potentially losing Food Rocks as well. It's one of those simple, yet hidden gems to those of us that like to find things that Disney places in the nooks and crannies of the parks. At any rate, the information I read was from various sources. For instance, on www.screamscape.com (WDW News/Rumors Updates) it gives the following info...

"(9/9/03) I can now confirm that it appears that the site for Soarin’ is in the early preperation stage, with an area blocked off backstage with a chainlink fence, a construction trailer on site, as well as a few pipes and bulldozers ready to start digging things up. There are still rumors that Food Rocks could close by January. "

So, I'm hoping that the rumors are not true, but we'll see.

While i do hope it is open for Dec 2004, i would be far more impressed if wdw would get a original film then just a cheap knockoff of the one at DCA.
This is another example of wdw trying to do something good but due to cheapness giving us a old film rather than creating something unique. Why would you have a film at wdw that will end with the guests ariving at DL?????
I will give them "A" for effort but a "F" for execution of the idea!!!!!

Great news scoop! I'll be hoping for next Xmas as well.

Bob, it appears we're discussing this on two threads. It has been stated that the ending will be changed to be WDW, so this isn't a factor. As for the 'A' for the effort and 'F' for execution, this is a little harsh isn't it? I mean the original is very, very good and the fact is that most WDW visitors DO NOt travel to DLR...So while a new movie would certainly warrant an 'A' for execution, I think the original with a new end will still garner a solid 'C+/B-'...pirate:

Considering this attraction is, at least initially, supposed to be part of the 50th anniversary celebration, why change the ending at all? I mean, If this ride is supposed to be dedicated to Disneyland, it only makes sense for it to conclude there. Now, once the celebration is over, I think they should go ahead and produce an original ride film.

Also, Disney seems to think that most people can't tell the difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Just look at the vacation planning videos! In light of this I'd be surprised if they did introduce a new ending at all.

Peter i do like the idea of changing the ending to be at wdw, that is a plus!!
Yes, the original is very good/excellant for DCA, but not for wdw!!! Both destinations need to be unique and with the cloning of rides both destinations are losing their uniqness.
A "a" for execuation would have to be a totally new ride for the wdw version that is as good, or better than the DCA version. A cloned attraction IMHO cant ever get a "a", only the original is deserving of the "a".

Hi!
I'd like to see a Soarin' Over America or maybe another ride (ala Star Tours and Body Wars) Soarin' Over the World too. I've ridden Soaring at DLR and it is my favorite Disney ride, although I haven't experienced Mission Space yet.
As long as I am brain storming...why not experience a bombing mission over Germany using the same technology. It would be a natural for a miltary
aviation museum. Maybe taking out the Paul Daumer Bridge in Hanoi...
Aw Geez we bomb everybody, no wonder we have so many friends all over the world. Sorry didn't mean to get political.
-gene

From the location of the crane that is visable in Epcot now, the location will be between The Land and Imagination... the crane actually looks as though it is behind the Imagination Pavillion. I haven't gotten a close up view, but we are going to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival next week, so I will try to pay special attention.

Yes the area that they are working in is between Imagination and the Land. Food Rock was still open last week. From what I hear they were filming over the Everglades so I'm thinking that they are making a whole new film.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter