• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

scaring into October Super Goofs Challenge

GOOD MORNING GOOFS!!!! Did ya miss me, huh, did ya, did ya.....:hyper:

Sorry it took me so long to get on the computer but you know the after trip routine. Even though I had the day off, I had sooooooo much laundry and grocery shopping and general everyday stuff to do....:laundy: :rolleyes1

Anyway, ToT was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! It was so much improved over last year. There were DJs everywhere, Glen Miller playing in the background at the track of WWOS, disco dancing, 50s sock hop. There was A LOT more to see than last year. It was also awesome because I ran nice and easy with Patrick (twowdwfools Liz DH) and ScottH from the Hakuna Matata team. We laughed, joked, thanked all the volunteers, etcetera. It was GREAT. The last mile, Patrick's knee was hurting and he dropped back and Scott picked up the pace to a 9:45 from a 12:00 and we flew the last mile!! It was tons of fun! My SIL and BIL liked it so much that they are talking about next year....:woohoo: DH met all my net friends too and saw that they are mostly normal (Hi Dave!!! :flower3: ). Suzanne, thank you so much again, the kids had a great time at dinner and everyone LOVED the food. It was really great meeting you and yes, putting a face to a name. Pictures are great but in person is even better!! So, make us a ressie for next year.....:rolleyes:

Anyone who wants to see my pics can go to asiorders.com and plug in 388 for the bib number. There are a couple that are so NOT me which always seems to happen with ASI...:sad2: Also, on the disneyrunning.com website there are pics from the ToT that Robert (ultramickeymouse) took and shows how Scott and I are flying at the end of it!!

Joanne: :hug: Terrific job on the full. Sorry about the aches, and the toenail too but it sounds like it was worth it. Definitely one to put on the "to do" list for me. Great job!!!! I tried to get on the Dis with my Blackberry but I too was having issues with posting so it was not just the iPhone Kim.

Mike: Great to have you back. We miss you so much when you are not here. Don't ignore the doc too much, K.....:scared:

Everyone else, sorry I don't have time to single everyone out. Great job on all the races and getting in all the workouts. Everyone should be very proud this week. We had lots of double miles and it should show this month!!! I am almost caught up enough to add last weeks and the week before totals. Maybe this weekend I can get the whole sheet up to date!!!

Oh, and all my buddies were trying desperately to talk my DH into letting me come in January. He is still giving me "the look" so it is still out for now. The full is almost full so I have to make a move soon. I think I will sit down this weekend and figure it all out. I may have to give up CMM or VA Beach (neither of which I really want to) in order to go in January but it would be worth it. I will definitely be there for 2010 though and possibly ToT next year!

Have a great day everyone. I am getting back into the swing of my running plan. Do you think it is fair for me to give myself 5 miles of untimed walking every day in WDW?????

Welcome back, Lisa. I'm glad to hear the ToT was so much fun. After last year's reports, I'd had no desire to sign up this year, but I might have to put it on a future wish list.

Mike, how do you feel now that you ran? I hope you're on the road to recovery!

I ran two miles last night in 27:02.

Hey Super Goofs--Quick drive by for today's workout numbers:

6 miles/67 min
15 min stretching

Gotta go get some stuff done, I will check back later or tomorrow to catch up!

Today I ran the hardest 8 miles I have run since the CMM last spring. My running partner found a route that was a slow steady uphill route for 8 miles. I was almost certain that my legs were going to be bleeding when we finished.

8.15 miles in 1:19

Mike - Good Luck on the comeback. I swear Drs tell you to layoff twice as long as they want you to rest so that you will take it easy when you start back.

Lisa - Heck, I am already running Disney so just come join me. :)

alright, well I am going to crawl up to bed so take care all!

Cecilia

Just stopping by!

Wednesday:

2.33 mi/38:28
15 minutes arms

Thursday:

2.01 miles/33:17
15 minutes abs

Good morning Goofs. I am a little slow this morning. Not feeling too welly in the belly...:sick: Must be the post-WDW party, OMG I ate that feeling finally kicking in. Even my coffee does not smell good this morning...:sad2:

I don't have much to say today except that it IS last chance workout day. My week is soooooo messed up now, I am just riding it out and starting fresh Sunday. Maybe this yuck is my body's way of shedding the pound I gained from the trip... :rolleyes1 I promised the kidlets to take them to HSM3 tonight instead of trick or treating (not that my DD13 was all that happy about that anyway!!) as they got pounds of candy in WDW at the Halloween Party. At least I can say no to popcorn tonight!!! popcorn::

Okay, here goes..... get out there and get those miles and minutes in everyone. The month of October is looking great for us! Lots of double miles for everyone. Be sure to get your miles/minutes to me this weekend so I can update the spreadsheet while I am laying around..:surfweb: (minus the coffee or maybe that is my Zen tea) I will start a November thread later this afternoon. Anything after today should go on that thread even if it pertains to October. That way we don't lose anything in the thread shuffle. Two months to go in the game....make them count!!!!!

Okay, back to the couch.....

Lisa: I am sorry to hear that you don't feel good this am.....I hate the bad belly thing...... I hope you feel better by tonight's movie!

Yesterday's totals (Thursday)

Time 1:10
Miles: 6.01

Beth

Thursday update:30 mins bike/5.90 miles

Lisa...hope you feel better soon!

Happy Halloween everyone...have a great day!!

Rest for me today--just in time to eat Halloween candy!

Yesterday did 4.1 miles in 38 minutes with a little stretching after--say 50 minutes total.

Expecting lots of trick or treaters at our house today--weather is looking good, it's Friday (although that never stopped kids before) and more little kids have moved in on our block. Wouldn't be surprised to see 150+ kids.

Maura

Is there a November thread?
Anyway, I started the month out big for us:

16 miles in 2:50:00.

Hills. At one point my running partner asked if it was sweat running down her legs or blood. Brutal doesn't begin to describe it.
We have decided not to do so many hills for the rest of our long runs.

Cecilia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter