Scariest Disney Moments

Spindler2007

Mouseketeer
In many Disney movies, there are moments that many of us have found quite scary and may still scare us a little to this day. I must admit that scary moments in animated Disney movies never scared me but scary moments in live action ones is another story.

The scary moment for me would have to be from Return to Oz when just after Dorothy guesses correctly, the Nome King gets mad and starts to transform into the giant rock monster he becomes moments later in the movie. This scared me as a child but it no longer did as I got older.

Who else here has a scary moment that used to or still does scare them?

Please feel free to share it with us

I clearly remember being terrified of Jafar & his hypnotizing snake staff! :rotfl: I watched the film as a youngster and hated him, when he turned into the all-powerful genie it was just horrendous! LOL!

And then, we visited the parks and they used to do a breakfast with Aladdin & Co and my Mum & Dad arranged for us to go whilst over there. I clearly remember being so excited, as I loved Aladdin & the Genie and actually didn't realise that Jafar would be at the breakfast also :lmao: I remember him coming for a photograph and me crying and running off to my Dad's knee :rotfl2:

I actually still don't think I'd be comfortable meeting him to this day, he honestly freaks me out :(

Yeah. Jafar can be quite intimidating even at the Disney theme parks. The scene where he is a giant cobra is pretty intense although the part where the Genie is cheering Aladdin on is hilarious including this very line "Jafar Jafar. He's our man. If he can't do it, GREAT!!":rotfl2:

I was just talking about this with a friend so many of them are scary lol!

Snow White - When she is lost in the wood and all the tree's logs start looking really scary! Is probably the scariest.

Though Pinocchio, Fantasia (Dinosaur scene), Dumbo,

Yeah. That bit in Snow White sure does look scary.

There is one scene that I think is really scary for many people is the whole spindle sequence from Sleeping Beauty especially the scene where Maleficent is in the fireplace and all you see is the glowing green orb and her eyes. This scared a lot of people. I remember hearing that when Sleeping Beauty first came out back in 1959, kids were taken out of the movie theatres crying by their parents because of this scene. It really frightened them. This never scared me as a child but I did find it creepy. There is one thing in the sequence that does creep me out and that is the music. Its so scary :scared1:

Word of advice. Never listen to it in the dark. Its worse when you hear it in your head when you enter a dark area.

Yeah. That bit in Snow White sure does look scary.

There is one scene that I think is really scary for many people is the whole spindle sequence from Sleeping Beauty especially the scene where Maleficent is in the fireplace and all you see is the glowing green orb and her eyes. This scared a lot of people. I remember hearing that when Sleeping Beauty first came out back in 1959, kids were taken out of the movie theatres crying by their parents because of this scene. It really frightened them. This never scared me as a child but I did find it creepy. There is one thing in the sequence that does creep me out and that is the music. Its so scary :scared1:

Word of advice. Never listen to it in the dark. Its worse when you hear it in your head when you enter a dark area.

You read my mind, that's the one that creeps me out the most to this very day! It's def her eyes that freak me out :scared:

Yeah. I'd say this is Maleficent at her most scariest. Whats even more scarier is not being able to know what she's gonna do because she is basically capable of anything.

Snow White for sure and the scene where the Wicked Queen turns into the evil old crone .... that old crone scares me even now.

Snow White for sure and the scene where the Wicked Queen turns into the evil old crone .... that old crone scares me even now.

Yeah. It is pretty freaky. The transformation scene is kind of trippy and feels like your watching Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde instead of a Disney movie.

Does anyone remember The Watcher in the Woods? That movie was just plain creepy.

The shots that I thought were creepy in the movie was when the camera was going all Evil Dead by roaming through the woods following the characters watching there every move. :scared1:

Not a film but a food court! POFQ food court (Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory?) has loads of carnival heads that are so creepy I had to sit with my back to them while I ate! :rotfl2:

Beauty & The Beast, when Belle is on Beast's chair and she looks one way around the chair and then the other and his big scary face is there!! Made me jump every time!!! I used to be so scared. The parts in Sleeping Beauty with Maleficent Also scared me half to death! :eek:

Haha - I blogged an essay that my sister wrote about this a few years ago, fun topic. Warning: the of the post and some of the content has some bad language in it (nothing disgusting, just a few swear words, but wanted to warn)!

12 Most @$*&#*&^-up Disney Moments

For me, # 1 is the worst - Lampwick turned into a donkey. Still scarred by that.

Beauty & The Beast, when Belle is on Beast's chair and she looks one way around the chair and then the other and his big scary face is there!! Made me jump every time!!! I used to be so scared. The parts in Sleeping Beauty with Maleficent Also scared me half to death! :eek:

If I remember correctly, its actually Belle's dad that sits in the chair. I'd be terrified as well if I was sitting in Beast's chair.

I remember a scene at the end of the movie The Black Hole which was creepy where Hans Reinhart was floating through space, sees the robot Maximillian and they end up joining together (with Hans ending up inside in the robot) in what appears to be Hell.

This is pretty dark for a Disney movie.

If you haven't seen the movie, here's the link for this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFv9ZRAqG1s

Not a film but a food court! POFQ food court (Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory?) has loads of carnival heads that are so creepy I had to sit with my back to them while I ate! :rotfl2:

That was the deciding factor for me in choosing to stay at POR rather than POFQ last trip!! I just couldn't have sat and ate every day with the masks there :laughing:

My sister used to find Beauty and The Beast Scary when Belles dad first went to the castle. I found most things scary, The whale in pinocchio scared me!!
The Queen in Alice In Wonderland, when she shouted off with their head! When Tigger got lost in the woods!!

My daughter will not watch Toy Story 3! As she finds it to scary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter