Scared to get Lost

blinkcrazy37

Earning My Ears
I am only 11 and I'm going to Disney World with my mom soon. I'm really scared about getting lost. She told me what to do but I'm still scared.

Hi!I have a son who was 11 our last trip to Disney and I'll share some of the things we did.

1) Remember to see what a CM at each park is wearing (they wear different "costumes" at each park) when you enter.That way you know who to tell that your Mom is lost.

2) Carry a map of the park with you.

3) Hold your Mom's hand.Especially after a big show like the fireworks,Fantasmic or a parade it's really easy to get seperated.I don't know if you are a boy or a girl,but my son was more interested in not getting seperated than in people thinking he wasn't "cool" for holding his Mom's hand.There are tons of kids doing the same thing,and besides,you'll never see any of them again in your life,so who cares what they think;) .

Try to relax and have a good time.I'm sure if you talk to your Mom about how nervous you are she'll be on the extra-alert to not lose you.We have been twice with 2 children and haven't lost one yet.Hope this helped.

I was sorry to hear that you are afraid of being lost....
You can also talk to your mom about where you would meet if you get separated.....you can go to a cast member and then they take you to a place where lost children go...
We went to Disneyland and my son took a friend..He was 11 at the time...we separated for 1 hour and were to meet at a certain place..well his friend(ditched him, left him) ..he found a cast member and they took him to the lost children place. They show movies and make you feel really comfortable so don't be afraid of the cast members...When the time came to meet up the friend showed up but not my son...I was nervous too until we went to the lost children place...boy was I glad we talked about what to do before we went! And he also got 2 (passes) to go to the front of the line for his favorite ride!
It sounds like your mom is very prepared so have a wonderful time!
:)

My kids carried radios in their fanny packs. If they got separated, all they had to do was pull them out, turn them on and call us. We would turn ours on if we couldn't see them. We never had to use them, but it made my kids feel safer to have them. I think ours would only work if we were in the same park, and that wasn't a problem for us. Sounds like it wouldn't be a problem for you either.

We already had a set of four because we use them when we ski. If you don't want to buy a set, I think I remember that Disney rents them.

I'm really sorry you're scared, but remember - Disney World has to be one of the safest places on earth for children. All the cast members look out for kids (and not just the little ones, either). We're going on Wednesday and my oldest son is 10. Unlike you, he'd kind of like to be separated from us (thinks he's 20!). But we've talked about what to do if he is lost at any point and it sounds like your mom is doing the same for you.

It might help you feel a little more secure if you make up an emergency information card. I did this for all 3 of my sons. Each one has a card with his name, Mom and Dad's names, hotel we're staying at, medical information (2 of mine are allergic to bee stings). We laminated them so they'll stand up to water rides. They'll carry these in their own hip packs. I've also put PopPop's cell phone number on the cards. He'll be at home, but he's a familiar voice that might help them feel better if they're really scared.

Dad and I will each have another information card with us. It has each child's name, date of birth, height, weight and any identifying marks on it. On the back, we pasted a picture of each boy.

When you get to your hotel (if you're staying at a Disney hotel) or to the parks, talk to one of the cast members about how they handle lost children. There's one special place in each park where cast members take any children who are lost. But you know what? Not very many people ever need to use those places.

I hope these ideas will help you. It's okay to be scared. Just make sure you keep talking to Mom about it.

Good luck!

KangaT (I am SUCH a Mom!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter