SB: What am I doing wrong with my eyelete hole maker?

gshoemate

<font color=blue>Wants to Talk to the Dolphins!<br
O.K., so I finally got all my stuff to do eyeletes and I sit down to start last night and the first hole I tried to make ripped the paper. So I did it again not so close to the edge but then it wrinkles the paper. What am I doing wrong. When I went to my local scrapbook store and they showed me how to use eyeletes, they also had a 1/8 hole punch that they were using, that would work so much better but they have none in and I have looked every where and cannot find a 1/8 hole punch. Any suggestions?

What are you using under the paper to protect your work surface? Maybe it's too "soft". I use a self-healing mat and have never had a problem. I like the universal hole punch because you can place it anywhere on the page. But with the traditional style hole punch you're limited as to where you can place your holes.

Well, I tried the self healing mat but then the hole would go through so I was using a piece of craft foam, very soft and that would explain the problem. I guess I will keep trying the mat and just pound a little harder. Thanks.

I just bought one of the Making Memories hole punches, but I haven't tried it yet.

I did make them with a craft knife, but you have to be VERY CAREFUL. Take a pin or needle and make a little hole in the paper. Then, put the craft knife tip in the hole and start twisting the craft knife around, so it makes a bigger hole. Keep on doing it until you get the size hole you need.

Maybe if you started the hole with a craft knife and then used the hole punch it would work easier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter