SB: How do you keep track of your page ideas?

chessie

DIS Veteran
How do you keep track of your page ideas? ?

Someone told me to get a large accordion file. When I get an idea either make a sketch of it or write down the magazine and page and slip it in one of the pockets. As I collect all the things needed, keep them in that pocket. Then all that’s left is to assemble it.

That is a good idea. The only problem is that I am always sketching ideas and I would need a million files. I guess this would be good for the ones that I am intending to use in the near future.

I have squares of 12 x 12 cardboard that I layer with papers, page idea notes, photos, die-cuts, etc. I do this for about the next 15 layouts I plan to complete. This way the planning is done ahead of time and I can easily pick up the top of the stack and work on a page without pulling all my supplies out. When most of the layers are finished I get out all the supplies and do it all over again. I keep a running list of supplies that I ned to pick up. This method lets me realize that I need a certain color of paper or stickers before I am ready to do the page.

I keep the photos/die cuts/ stickers/ ideas/ memoribilia etc.. in those top loading plastic sleeves that fit in binders. I keep them in my old Mickey Mouse photoalbums that were filled with magnetic pages. Loved the mouse so much, I tossed the magnetic pages and kept the binders. This way my pics and ideas stay in chronological order and I can add the new stuff to the back as it comes in. As far as patters, ideas from magazines, etc... I cut them out and adhere them to those side loading sheet protectors (that have the black archival quality paper inside them) then sort them into categories such has Christmas, Disney, School, Summer etc... That way I have my own "idea book" to refer to without having to save all the magazines.
Happy Scrappin!

:p :p :p
That must be my problem!!! I just sit there and look at my supplies like "DUH"!!

Gosh, maybe that is part of my problem too!! I think I have too many supplies!! I get overwhelmed sometimes... If I get a really good idea I try and get up and just DO it..then and there.... I need to post a paper piecing hubby made for me, it is Tinkerbell, he did a great job on it!! I love these organization ideas!!

Janet (wife to Disneybound4Ever!)

Please share Tink with us! I just love paper piecing, and I always need new ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter