Say it ain't sO'hana!

Ohana was my fave for years and I still enjoy the food ( when the meat isn't over cooked) but the service has really gone down hill!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

We ate there last Tuesday and there were potstickers and all the usual food.

Technically they are "Pork Fried Dumplings" which may cause the confusion about potstickers not being on the menu. Kona Cafe has potstickers.

There's a lot of hate for a lot of different restaurants around here. Some of our favorites get slammed frequently. But that's okay! We all have different tastes, and it means it's easier for me to get an ADR. :thumbsup2

I wish it was easier to get ressie, but for all the people that say "Ohana is awful, it's still very hard to get the ressies you want :confused3 We love "Ohana and have been going for years, and our next ressie is Dec 1. We don't experience the terrible wait staff we hear about, nor the dried out meats,etc. that you hear so much about. We always love the food, order our meat medium and never feel rushed :)

Tried it once and won't be back. The dumplings were tough, the meat was dry, and the service was awful. The bread was good though ;)

That said, we've eaten lots of places that get bad reviews and love it. Maya Grill has never been a "fan favorite" but is a must-do for us. Regardless of the reviews, our goal is to try every restaurant at Disney at least once :thumbsup2

We ate at Ohana three weeks ago today. It had been about 5 years since our last visit to this restaurant. The last time was beyond awful in food and service. We thought we would give it another try. While the food was good the potstickers and wings especially we felt so rushed. Our server was very nice but just talked so fast and brought everything out right on top of the previous dish. We were never asked if we wanted a second serving of anything on a skewer. Then when we finally wanted to leave our bill never came. We had to ask another server to get our server. While not a bad place I think we will pass on this again for awhile.:(

I still love 'Ohanas! We have a tradition of eating there on our first night of the trip. You just cannot get more Disney than 'Ohanas! I love the food, mostly because of the dipping sauces, yum. The one thing that bugs me is that they skimp on the portion sizes of the meat. They act like they are doing you a huge favor by giving you more than 2 pieces at a time. Service is so-so, but food is worth it!

This year we are trying Be Our Guest for the first night, but going to Ohanas for the second night.

Funny, we have had meat pushed on us til we cry "uncle".LOL It's true most of the time they'll only put a couple pieces of each kind, but that's ok with me because they come around so often. I think that's to prevent undue waste, and people think nothing of taking more, then not bothering to eat it. They usually ask if we'd like more (than 2 pieces), but usually we are content to have that much at a time because of the other food available.

In all the years we have been going there, can truthfully say we have never had problems with the service. We *always* go early, so don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not. Just love it ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter