Saw New Monorail Yesterday-Cool! w/pix

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
Hi, it's probably been reported here already but DD8 and I spent the day at DLR yesterday and saw the new monorail. It looks really cool! They were running it empty all day-for tests.

Here's pix of it. Enjoy!
101b0640.jpg

101b0641.jpg

101b0642.jpg

In the pictures it looks red and white (with blue windows) but in person the red changes to maroon sometimes and the white is silver.

Very fancy can't wait till i get to rid one next trip! I didn't even ride the monorail last time i went :guilty:

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I can't wait to see it for myself...one of these days.

It will be nice to sit facing the windows in the new Mark 7, instead of having to turn your head to look out.

The first time I see the new Mark 7 approaching the DD station as we wait for it will be exciting, and then getting to step inside her for the first time... I can't wait!

Very nice - thanks for sharing. I sure hope it's operational when we go for a family trip in July. All the delays have been discouraging to read about...

I saw it too when I was there on Monday and Tuesday. It was very sleek and stylish. Very very awesome. And the monorail is in MUCH need of an update, too. The one they have now is just ... old and dirty. Not to mention the year of a million dreams decor is horrible on the monorail.

Sleek. I'm going to check it out at night on my next visit since they say the interior changes colors at night.

I saw it too when I was there on Monday and Tuesday. It was very sleek and stylish. Very very awesome. And the monorail is in MUCH need of an update, too. The one they have now is just ... old and dirty. Not to mention the year of a million dreams decor is horrible on the monorail.

Because of guest, you never see the monorail running in the day time anymore. I think its a good thing its running in daytime. means its ready... :)

I saw it up and running on Thursday as well- hoping when I go back in June it will be taking passengers! The monorail is one of our favorites!

we were on the monorail platform and saw the new monorail pull up for a test run. i got some quick photos to share with you all...

n542279439_512435_5854.jpg

n542279439_512436_6318.jpg

its shiny...

its red...

it has the "new monorail smell"

no i am not kidding, it has a "new monorail smell"!!!!! i wish we could have gone for a ride...

the seating is different. instead of 2 rows of seats facing each other there are 2 rows at far ends facing each other, and a middle section that runs perpendicular to those rows. i didnt get a good photo of it, but it is definitely different than the current monorail.

There is an interesting podcast available on the Official Disneyland Resort Podcast section of iTunes. It's entitled: The New Mark VII Monorail. Here's a little description on what it is about:

In this edition of the Disneyland Resort Podcast, get ready for a thrilling ride as we continue our exciting journey through the Year of a Million Dreams and celebrate the brand new Mark VII Monorail. First, a quick blast to the past as we chat with Mr. Monorail Bob Gurr, about working with Walt Disney and designing the first monorail, Mark I. Then it's off to Tomorrowland for a sneak peak of the futuristic Mark VII monorail, with Imagineer Scot Drake. And, have you ever wondered who's behind that booming voice that makes all of the in-park announcements? We'll open our microphone to voice-over artist Bill Rogers for an insider's view of the past and present voices of Disneyland.

Pretty fun to listen to.:)

That's what I wanted to know. Enquiring minds want to know. Were going to be there in June.

I just talk to my DH who is a Disney fanatic he told me that they won't have all of them up and running until the earliest is September well in the end of 2008.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks very nice. Can't wait to ride the Monorail again it's been a loooooong time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!