Saw "Hamilton" last night

We have tickets for July 1st- but we still try every day for the broadway direct Hamilton lottery- my god daughter won TWO times and got front row tickets for 10.00 both times!

Ugh, I'm wanting to see this so bad. There were tickets available for when I'm in NYC in the fall, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on $1k+ tickets.

I'd love to see this again but I'm not willing to pay the equivalent of watching 4 shows for the price of one. When we saw it, it was still $220.

Ugh, I'm wanting to see this so bad. There were tickets available for when I'm in NYC in the fall, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on $1k+ tickets.

Yikes, I think I'll stop looking then, way too rich for my blood.
I live close to NYC so I don't think we will be near any shows on the tour.

The tour is not nearly as expensive as seeing it in New York thank goodness. Our theater is having it as part of the 17-18 season and we paid $350pp for 7 shows including Hamilton. I'm sure it's different than seeing the original, but it's what we can do. :)

Instead of our Disney Cruise, we are getting 10th row seats for "Hamilton" in Chicago on my birthday, August 9.
Yes, the 5 tickets we got was about what we paid for a 3-day Disney cruise.

I got the Broadway cast recording for Christmas and have been listening to it ever since. DH is convinced he will hate it because he doesn't like "hip hop", but he is coming with me and I'm sure he will change his mind.
The touring company is also coming to Des Moines in the 2018 season, so I may try to convince him to see it again, if he likes it as much as I know he will after we see it this summer.

I'd love to see this again but I'm not willing to pay the equivalent of watching 4 shows for the price of one. When we saw it, it was still $220.

Our tickets were 186.00 each for NYC. Not great seats but good enough for us!

Yea it's definitely a pricey night out. We had amazing seats but each ticket was $500. Well worth it though, IMO.

Pence was not there but I did get some laughs when Hamilton says, "Immigrants, we get the job done." A lot of the audience and liked that part.

The tour is not nearly as expensive as seeing it in New York thank goodness. Our theater is having it as part of the 17-18 season and we paid $350pp for 7 shows including Hamilton. I'm sure it's different than seeing the original, but it's what we can do. :)

The NYC show is about that (more for the orchestra and "premium" seats) but what is happening is ticket scalpers and people who just want to make a profit are buying them and reselling them. Since it is through ticketmaster resell it looks like they are direct through the vendor but you are actually lining someone else's pockets usually not apart of the production when you pay the absolutely outrageous prices. I have a feeling it will happen across the country for at least the first tour since most tickets are being taken up by theater subscribers who may or may not actually want to see the show.

just checked the tour cities and it looks like I will have another option besides NYC but it says its for the 2018-2019 season.

I got to see it for free in the second row center in NYC over the summer because Stubhub sold me 2 counterfeit tickets for different shows in the span of a week. Never hurts to let customer service know what will make it up to you.

I loved it. I wasn't sure if I'd like it going in, I stopped to look at the merchandise and picked out a tshirt I liked and the cashier asked me if I wanted it and I was like ehh...I dunno if I'll like it enough to want a tshirt. Trust me, I was running back out for my tshirt during intermission.

Sorry, did you think the musical was a documentary?

I salute your attempt to make a stranger on the internet look dumb though.

It's based on a real events and a real person. Sure it's not an exact biography but it isn't pure fiction either.

It's based on a real events and a real person. Sure it's not an exact biography but it isn't pure fiction either.

And the person who originally snarked on me knew dang well what I meant when I said "fiction". :)

(I'd argue that it most closely resembles "historical fiction" and from what I've read I get the impression Lin Manuel Miranda more or less feels the same way. But keep in mind the only reason the thread took this tangent is because someone wanted to call me out for a general term I used (I was thinking of shows, television, movies, books, so I lumped it all under "fiction"). I didn't pick any kind of "historical accuracy" fight. I've seen Hamilton, literally got the t-shirt, got the book, will go give them more money when it premieres locally. I'm a fan.)

. I have a feeling it will happen across the country for at least the first tour since most tickets are being taken up by theater subscribers who may or may not actually want to see the show.
::yes:: Part of my season package and have no desire to see it.

I love the cast album and I re
And the person who originally snarked on me knew dang well what I meant when I said "fiction". :)

(I'd argue that it most closely resembles "historical fiction" and from what I've read I get the impression Lin Manuel Miranda more or less feels the same way. But keep in mind the only reason the thread took this tangent is because someone wanted to call me out for a general term I used (I was thinking of shows, television, movies, books, so I lumped it all under "fiction"). I didn't pick any kind of "historical accuracy" fight. I've seen Hamilton, literally got the t-shirt, got the book, will go give them more money when it premieres locally. I'm a fan.)
I hoped you know it was based on real events. On the 100th anniversary of the Titanic sinking, there were comments by people who thought it was just a movie and didn't know it actually happened (minus Jack and Rose). I get what you're saying and I'm sorry if I offended you. I love the show too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter