Saving money on pins and souvenirs

Elvistelth

Not into cutesy titles
I live near a Disney store here in South Florida and my wife and I make good use of it to save cash. We buy the cheapest pins they have and save them for Disney trips (around 3 to 5 dollars each) When we go on our trip we give our kids the junk pins so they can trade them for good ones with castmembers. One of my daughter traded a $4 pin for one that costs $15. The castmembers don't seem to care so it's a win-win situation. When our kids were younger my wife secretly bought the discounted light-up toys at the Disney store and brought them with us to WDW. At night when the vendors come out with their illuminated toys and our kids started whining for them, out came the bag of previously purchased lights. They were happy and so were we. Granted, not everyone lives in Florida and can drive to the park like we do, but if you have extra space it's worth the effort.

I hope my child doesn't pick your junk pins as you call it... lol just kidding.. I do understand..

I live near a Disney store here in South Florida and my wife and I make good use of it to save cash. We buy the cheapest pins they have and save them for Disney trips (around 3 to 5 dollars each) When we go on our trip we give our kids the junk pins so they can trade them for good ones with castmembers. One of my daughter traded a $4 pin for one that costs $15. The castmembers don't seem to care so it's a win-win situation. When our kids were younger my wife secretly bought the discounted light-up toys at the Disney store and brought them with us to WDW. At night when the vendors come out with their illuminated toys and our kids started whining for them, out came the bag of previously purchased lights. They were happy and so were we. Granted, not everyone lives in Florida and can drive to the park like we do, but if you have extra space it's worth the effort.

I also buy the light up toys at The Disney Store. My kids don't care...they are just happy to have the toys!! :thumbsup2
I also don't care if my kids want to trade for a pin that you may have paid only $4.00 for....kids don't care about that! Your $4 pin may be worth millions to a kids who just really loves that pin!!:goodvibes Like the expression goes: "one person's junk is another person's treasure" (or something like that!!):lmao:

Hi Elvistelth, if you go to the Disney Outlet in Sawgrass Mills or in the Mall in Miami,Dolphin Mall, they have the pins on sale from $ 1.00- $4.00.I was at the Dolphin Mall in Miami on Saturday before returning home to Clermont and bought some.I trade those at the parks with cast members.

Hi Elvistelth, if you go to the Disney Outlet in Sawgrass Mills or in the Mall in Miami,Dolphin Mall, they have the pins on sale from $ 1.00- $4.00.I was at the Dolphin Mall in Miami on Saturday before returning home to Clermont and bought some.I trade those at the parks with cast members.

Hi to you as well. We go to Sawgrass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter