Sauna available w/o treatment?

dylan'smom

DIS Veteran
...or is it the rainforest room? Does anyone know?

I was trying to find out if one can just visit any spa activities or amenities if we don't schedule a massage??

I looked online but all I found was a sampling of their massages & a couple treatments. Thanks for any info...and/or prices!

bev

Saunas are available in the Rainforest Room. It costs $15 for a day pass, and you can go in and out as much as you like for that day.

There is a sauna (dry heat) in the locker room. It is complimentary. There are various steam rooms in the Rainforest which costs $16 per day. It was increased early in 2009. Multi-day passes are also available.

Ah thanks so much for the quick reply...just what I needed to know!

Is there a pool of any sort available in the spa area? Someone in our group thought they read something about a salt water pool, but I'm thinking maybe they got cruise lines confused...?

All of the pools on DCL are fresh water. There is a hot tub and adult pool on deck 9 forward outside. The spa and sauna are on deck 9 forward inside....so they are near each other, but you can't go from the hot tub directly into the sauna.

There is also a "spa villa" room which you can pay for....it contains a hot tub. They do put various bath salts in the water. This is a spa "therapy" session and is quite pricey. The hot tub by the pool is free.

There are actually two hot tubs by the adult pool, one on each side, so choose widely (starboard is the smoking side).

There are great showers in the locker room in addition to the sauna and the Wonder has electric foot massagers in that area too that are free to use. Not sure if the Magic has them as well but I will know after we cruise on March 6.

Thanks very much. :goodvibes

I'm wondering...are the showers shared with the fitness center? Can you get there from either direction?

We've been on 7 cruises, but never ventured in either...lol

The fitness center and spa are all part of the same area so you can easily go to the showers after a workout, spa treatment or just as a walk-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter