Saratoga Springs best room with view

Disney*All-Stars*

Proud Military Mom!
I am going to be staying at SS in a 1 bedroom on July 1st and then moving over to a studio at the end of my trip and would like to know what room I should request. I am guessing that Downtown Disney is the best view. I would like to be near the pool too. Also, is the walk to Downtown Disney a short one? Any other tips regarding this resort is greatly appreciated!!

I am going to be staying at SS in a 1 bedroom on July 1st and then moving over to a studio at the end of my trip and would like to know what room I should request. I am guessing that Downtown Disney is the best view. I would like to be near the pool too. Also, is the walk to Downtown Disney a short one? Any other tips regarding this resort is greatly appreciated!!

If you want to to be close to DTD and with a view you will need to stay in the "Congress Park" cluster. We stayed there last week in a 1 BR with a DTD view (pics below). We stayed in the building (#1000 series room #s) which is the closest to the pathway to DTD. Our walk to the DTD Marketplace entrance was just under 5 mins. There is a nice pool in the Congress Park cluster, but for the large pool, The "Springs" cluster would probably be a better choice.

i4.jpg

i5.jpg

The information you recieved is good, but frankly, if you did not make that request when the reservation was made, it is certainly too late to make that request now. The room assigner has likely already done that, and you will be left with trying to deal with a "room ready" scenario when you arrive.

What requests, if any, did you make when the reservation was made?

For my 2 cents worth, we stayed in the Grandstand, right next to the pool. Had a view of the golf course and enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching them play. Congress Park has great views of DD especially at night ! The walk is 5 minutes. For bus transportation, you can't beat Grandstand...1st stop in so you get your pick of seats!

The information you recieved is good, but frankly, if you did not make that request when the reservation was made, it is certainly too late to make that request now. The room assigner has likely already done that, and you will be left with trying to deal with a "room ready" scenario when you arrive.

What requests, if any, did you make when the reservation was made?
Based on my family's experience last week I'll offer this:

To a certain extent that is true. When you make your reservation you can request and it does help, but they still do not promise you will get what you request. At the time you check-in, they will try to give you what you want if it is ready and not already promised. If you are willing to wait and give them some leeway then when all the rooms are available by 4:00 PM you have a better chance. When we checked in at 11:00 AM there were only a limited number ready, all of which we really didn't want. The check-in person said that if we could wait until after 4:00 PM to move into our room, they would have a much greater room pool to assign. We went ahead and checked-in with no room assignment, got our coded door keys, package, secured our luggage and went on to Epcot. At 2:00 PM we called and got our room number and it was the very one we wanted. Since we already had our keys it would fit the room # they entered into the computer. We never even had to go back to check-in. Bottom line is let them know ASAP what you want, but if you have some flexibility, they will work with you as best as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter