Saratoga/Grosvenor Distance??

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
Any experts on the Downtown Disney Resorts out there?
Can someone staying at the Grosvenor walk to Saratoga Springs resort to take advantage of Disney transportation?
Thanks.

It would be quicker to walk to the DTD bus stop. The Grosvener is approx
2 minute walk to the DTD bus stop, and apporx 8-10 minutes to at least(2)
of the Sarratoga stops.

Thanks, DIS-NH, but do the DTD buses run early in the morning?
Our 18-year-old son and his fellow-high-school-graduating-buddies are staying at the Grosvenor in July and they're eager to get to the parks by rope drop. They certainly are in good shape enough to walk -- what we really are concerned about is finding buses that leave early enough.
Thanks again.

The Grosvenor should have a bus of its own that they could use. The SSR bus is really for guests of SSR or people traveling to SSR.

The Grosvenor should have a bus of its own that they could use. The SSR bus is really for guests of SSR or people traveling to SSR.

The Grosvenor does have a bus of its own. If they catch one of the early busses, they will easily make it to any park of their choice for rope drop. The Grovsenor Bus will also pick them up right outside the hotel, as oppossed to SSR where they would have a walk of least 1/2 mile if not further to reach a bus stop.

I have to say that I didn't want to walk over to the DTD hotels, from DTD, in order to rent a car!!! It was just too much aggravation, and I didn't want to hike that far!!! I can't imagine anyone wanting to walk over to SSR in order to use the resort bus to the parks. Besides being wrong, it's just too far. And the DTD buses don't go to the parks, for that very reason...too many people trying to park for free and then heading to a park.
I really don't want to be rude, but how would you feel if you couldn't get a seat on the bus, at your resort, going to MK because there were people getting on from hotels outside WDW? While I understand that these hotels are 'Disney friendly' it doesn't mean they get to use all the facilities.
I would have the kids use the Grovesnor shuttle bus to the parks, or get a cab. I guess they could head to DTD, take a bus to a resort that was near the park they wanted to go to, and then head to the park from that resort. But, that could take a huge chunk of time.

Thanks everyone. Turns out, Grosvenor has shuttles that leave one hour before park openings.

The last few times we stayed on site but our first trip down we stayed off site and used Disney transportation...when we bought park passes through our TA it said on them that it included Disney Transporation...so we used it.

Have a great trip!

I thought we already duked this one out on the Transportation Board. I think the consensus was that if you had a park hopper pass(it might have even been a MYW pass) you were allowed to use any form of disney transportation, except on very very crowded days, the CM's might limit the services to hotel guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter