santa asks: what’s on your wish list?

A Sleeping Beauty's Castle iPhone case
Origami Owl locket ring (YDD loves to buy me charms and I have too many charms to fit in the locket she got me!)
Like this one? I swear it’s my first case where it wasn’t a placeholder until I found something better.
264CE33A-819B-4C2C-984A-9C6F2711D293.jpeg

We don’t typically exchange but the kids have been insisting on it the last couple years. Last year I got a $200 spa certificate that I’ve used $27 from and dangly amethyst earrings that while lovely I don’t really have many occasions to wear them for. I absolutely 100% appreciate the spirit they were given in but if DH is going to give them that kind of budget then I figure I should share my “someday” wishlist and aim high. :rotfl:

Bose Soundsport Wireless Earbuds in Aqua and charging case.

Apple Watch 4 in silver with Seashell Sport Loop.

Ugh! Our furnace died the day after Christmas three years ago, and it took almost 4 weeks to get it replaced.
Every place in town is so darn busy; plus deer season starts in 5 days which makes them shorthanded. The somewhat lucky part is that the company I called I worked with quite a bit when I was a property manager so I have a bit of a rapport with them. The owner said that they would probably have to schedule someone to come to do it during the evening; that led me to believe they are going to try to do it right away. My dad said I should get some more quotes, but honestly if they are reasonable and ready to do it next week I'm not going to go through the hassle.

{{sigh}} Sorry, I get it. Our festive season will include having to scrape up about 5K to replace our dishwasher, stove, fridge and 8' sliding patio door, all of which have undergone unfortunate series of events practically simultaneously over the past 2 weeks. (We could actually do without the fridge but since it's only a matter of time, I guess we'll do all the appliances at once.) :sad2:
When it rains it pours. Hope you can get a bundle deal!

stocking stuffers are my fav..
Def some dark chocolate with orange, starbursts, Santa coke ...bottle, and a new electric pencil sharpener.
Only thing I’d like, but really don’t need is a pasta pot, with the draining insert..

I really just want ..family time together.

When it rains it pours. Hope you can get a bundle deal!
{{another sigh}} Yeah, that's why we're probably going to do the fridge too. It's only incrementally more than just the dishwasher and stove without the discounts. Still not exactly the kind of cash I've got lying around doing nothing right before Christmas. (Insert sad Santa smiley here.)

How's your furnace repair coming along? It's below zero here and I'm shivering for you. :cold:

Noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones so I can block out the sound of the co-worker with the chronic cough/mucus/congestion issues hacking up phlegm gobbers and spitting into his wastepaper basket all day long. It makes me gag just writing that last sentence and thinking about it. I have tried ear plugs and regular ear buds but they are not enough.

{{another sigh}} Yeah, that's why we're probably going to do the fridge too. It's only incrementally more than just the dishwasher and stove without the discounts. Still not exactly the kind of cash I've got lying around doing nothing right before Christmas. (Insert sad Santa smiley here.)

How's your furnace repair coming along? It's below zero here and I'm shivering for you. :cold:
I don't get a quote til Monday. HVAC guy told me to get some space heaters. My house is a tiny 800 square feet and surprisingly 2 heaters are sustaining me. I made it through our first snow storm last night. Low of 15 tonight here on the south shore of Lake Superior. If we start getting closer to zero I'm going to have to add a third heater.

Noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones so I can block out the sound of the co-worker with the chronic cough/mucus/congestion issues hacking up phlegm gobbers and spitting into his wastepaper basket all day long. It makes me gag just writing that last sentence and thinking about it. I have tried ear plugs and regular ear buds but they are not enough.
Oh man. :sick: Maybe you will be his Secret Santa and you can hook him up with some decongestants.

A very white Christmas!

For my oldest to play Christmas music on Christmas morning.

For my youngest to make something for me.

From my husband...... clean bathroom and kitchen!

{{sigh}} Sorry, I get it. Our festive season will include having to scrape up about 5K to replace our dishwasher, stove, fridge and 8' sliding patio door, all of which have undergone unfortunate series of events practically simultaneously over the past 2 weeks. (We could actually do without the fridge but since it's only a matter of time, I guess we'll do all the appliances at once.) :sad2:

Your whole backyard is a fridge lol
When I was stockpiling meals in the freezer I used our back porch as a freezer.

That I get this first Christmas with the kids right. I don't love the holiday, but I'm going to do my best. Any advice or things to not forget would be welcome...lol.

Don’t forget to live in the moment. Kids don’t remember if every present was wrapped properly or if you used fancy forks at dinner. They’ll remember you being there with them on the floor playing checkers, not in the kitchen worrying about the perfect soufflé.

Your whole backyard is a fridge lol
When I was stockpiling meals in the freezer I used our back porch as a freezer.

Don’t forget to live in the moment. Kids don’t remember if every present was wrapped properly or if you used fancy forks at dinner. They’ll remember you being there with them on the floor playing checkers, not in the kitchen worrying about the perfect soufflé.
Unfortunately, at this time of year it's a freezer - until the next Chinook blows in at least. :teeth:

My DREAM: a new or new to me Mini Van or the permission to plan and pay for a Disneyland trip for my parents 50th anniversary. It is a huge chunk, but I want to do it so bad!
Reality: cute socks, cute pjs, and stuff from Bath and Body Works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter