Sangria, Sisters and Sons...10/3 Complete!

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
Sangria, Sisters, and Sons...

Hi everyone and :welcome:to another one of my TR's. If you've joined me before and have decided to follow along again, I am truly grateful and appreciate you being here. I have made so many wonderful friends on the DIS Boards and I feel honored when you take time out of your day to follow along with me on my crazy adventures around the most magical place on earth and beyond (as you all know, I tend to add a lot more to my TR's than actual Disney time. I also include other vaca reports, date nights and family time. Oh, and don't forget those 2 recent additions to our family, Raven, and Maleficent). :love: But more on them later...

If you are joining me for the first time, thank you and I hope you enjoy my latest Disney World vaca...I promise it will include a lot of humor and alcoholic beverages, especially sangria. This tends to be my drink of choice these days...

You can also follow me on YouTube at Jen and Joe on the Go! I can assure you it is quite comical as my husband, Joe and I try to navigate our way around YouTube...We are total amateurs and are finding it so much fun vlogging our lives and trips...

Now, for the when, the where, the who and the why...Our dates were August 7-11 at the beautiful Contemporary Resort. This time around, it was me, my sons, Matt and Timmy, my sister, Julie and niece, Gia. The purpose of this trip was to pick Timmy up from his second Disney College Program and enjoy some time in Disney after his program ended. This was an awesome trip and I can't wait to tell you all about it!!! We ate a lot, drank a lot, attended a DAH event, waited in a looooong line for the exclusive HM 50th Anniversary merch, finally had that yummy and refreshing Lapu Lapu, and met up with a few friends...

80CA1E62-1B1D-4FED-8A4C-49AD49BF9BB0.jpeg

This is me, Jenny!

648357CE-2C84-499F-9A82-85863FFC4C7E.jpeg971A3BFA-8FF1-475F-8CC4-B277EB5A0799.jpeg

These are my handsome sons, Matt, and Timmy. We had so much fun together.

09E5D849-B863-4215-B8FB-339651CBCFB8.jpeg

Last, but not least, my gorgeous sister, Julie and the adorable Gia!!!

Next up, Arrival day and Time at Epcot...

Last edited:
Before I get to arrival day, I wanted to post a list of "goals" I had for this trip. How many do you think I was able to accomplish? In May, I went 7/10. Do you all think I did better or worse this time around???

1. I want to try the Dole Whip cookie at The Basket
2. I want to try a specialty ice cream at the MK (ex. the Maleficent cone)
3. Deluxe Burger
4. Contempo Cafe
5. Lapu Lapu (Epic fail in May, so it makes the list again)
6. Buy the Crislu earrings that match my Mickey neckless
7. Meet up with Kari, aka @kastoney :love:
8. Take Gia on Barnstormer...
9. Buy a Toy Story 4 tee
10. Make my own Rice Krispy treat at Goofy's Candy Co.

Hi Jenny! :wave: I'm here and looking forward to following along! We were so close to overlapping this time around, since as you know, I leave in just a few days! I'm very excited to hear all about your trip with your family. Timmy must have been excited to finish his program and share that Disney time with you all!

:welcome:

Hi Jenny! :wave: I'm here and looking forward to following along! We were so close to overlapping this time around, since as you know, I leave in just a few days! I'm very excited to hear all about your trip with your family. Timmy must have been excited to finish his program and share that Disney time with you all!

Hi Meghan! I know! I can't believe we just missed each other!!!! I hope you have an awesome trip and that it cools off just a tad. It was HOT last week!!!

I hope you have an awesome trip and that it cools off just a tad. It was HOT last week!!!

Fingers crossed!! Though up until just a few days ago we were having quite the heat wave here, too, and most days were around 90+ "feel like" 100+ with humidity. (Which is really toasty for the east coast of Canada!!) I was like, "If we're gonna be sweltering in these temperatures, we might as well be doing it at Disney World! 😆

:welcome:

Hi Jenny!

I could tell just by the title this would be your report!

Can’t wait to read more!

You know me well Kelly! I honestly think that every time I ordered a drink that it was some kind of sangria (and I know 1 for sure was from a box. Woot! Woot!).

Fingers crossed!! Though up until just a few days ago we were having quite the heat wave here, too, and most days were around 90+ "feel like" 100+ with humidity. (Which is really toasty for the east coast of Canada!!) I was like, "If we're gonna be sweltering in these temperatures, we might as well be doing it at Disney World! 😆

We did spend some time in the pool, which was AWESOME and my way to do Disney...I'm all about pool and nap time while visiting my fav mouse...

Arrival Day...

Matt and I were up at the unGodly hour of 1:45 am to leave the house by 2:30 am for our 6 am flight out of Midway Airport in Chicago. I keep telling myself that I will never book the early flight again but I seem to be a gluten for punishment and book this flight all the time...I'll say it again, NEVER AGAIN. I know the benefit is that I will have a full first day in Disney but it's just not worth it to me anymore. I simply enjoy my sleep waaaaay more than an extra day at Disney. I know, the horror...Needless to say, there was no traffic at this hour and we made it to the airport in no time at all, found a great spot in the garage and had a bus waiting for us to take us to the terminal. We were literally the only ones going through security (because everyone else in the Chicagoland area was still sleeping😏). We grabbed an early morning snack and waited for the cattle-call that is the boarding process for Southwest. We were in Group A, so we boarded pretty quickly.

We amused ourselves at the gate and on the plane by taking a few selfies. In no time at all, we were landing in Orlando and deplaning. We hopped on the fake-o-rail and found our way to the Magical Express. We waited for maybe 10 minutes and were told to board our bus. On the way to the Contemporary Resort, I received our room ready text. SCORE! Tim had also texted me to tell me he was almost at the resort as well. YAY!

We found our way to our Garden Wing/Garden View room and dropped off our carry on luggage. Matt and Timmy were very excited to stay at the CR because they had both always wanted to stay here...They loved the proximity to the MK. They also liked how much space there was and how close the room was to the pool. We were in room 5331. This was a great location and very quiet. The Wilderness Lodge is still my fav deluxe but the CR is a very close second.

Next, we walked over to the main building, breezed through security and walked onto the waiting monorail. We switched over to the Epcot monorail at the TTC and we were walking through the turnstiles in Epcot a few minutes later...The park was very empty, which was surprising to me. Unfortunately, the crowds were heavier later in the week at the Magic Kingdom.

We all agreed that we were hungry and decided on Katsura Grill in the Japan Pavillion for lunch. I had the California roll and Matt and Tim had the Beef Udon. Everything was really good and hit the spot.

1215C65C-2221-4475-A466-FF6F2FF6554B.jpeg4EDB8783-6B12-418C-8D8B-584FA56146E6.jpeg3FB649F4-B286-4911-9A49-F6C8E49A3CDB.jpeg630C1A39-1C29-47D1-84CF-31D37C59F764.jpeg311A050A-ABB5-49B3-A93C-62CC0023BDA5.jpegCD7FF3DB-0E4E-4246-BD79-29F65A06FA1A.jpeg
Hi Ashley!!!! We were face timing my youngest daughter.

0EC6D36F-AAB1-4A53-B224-2B8E74D0B91B.jpeg089D66B5-797F-4531-9443-1C319DCF5BE0.jpeg

Next up...How do we Spend the Rest of the Day in Epcot...

Last edited:
Hopping over from your last TR. I am guessing 8/10 ?

I also make lists each trip for new things I want to try . I never get to all of them but I figure it gives me some things to look forward to next time .

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures

Oh my goodness, what a gross early morning! I don't know how you did it!

I'd love to stay at the Contemporary someday! Hopefully we'll get a good deal during a slow season, or rent points, or something and decide it's worth it one of these times.

Sounds like lunch in Japan was nice! Off to a good start! :)

I am here!!!!

Before I get to arrival day, I wanted to post a list of "goals" I had for this trip. How many do you think I was able to accomplish? In May, I went 7/10. Do you all think I did better or worse this time around???
I love this idea.I think I need to make a list for our trip!

. Meet up with Kari, aka @kastoney :love:
I Know the answer to this one: a little birdie that starts with a C was texting with my little birdie about her dinner.

We were in Group A, so we boarded pretty quickly.
Ugh. Such a pain but still our preferred airline.

We all agreed that we were hungry and decided on Katsura Grill in the Japan Pavillion for lunch. I had the California roll and Matt and Tim had the Beef Udon. Everything was really good and hit the spot.
I was just looking at there menu as an option for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!