Sanford Airport?

TexMomma

Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust
My wonderful brother gave me a trip to WDW for my birthday, but it includes flying in/out of the Sanford airport instead of MCO. I'd like to avoid a rental car if possible, but there are 3 of us. Is Uber a realistic option? Any thoughts or tips appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, Uber is a realistic option.

You might also want to consider Uzurv, because not all Uber drivers want to make a long trip like Sanford-WDW.

Uzurv allows you to place a ride request, have drivers indicate interest, be able to review driver profiles and select a specific driver, and then schedule the ride. All of those rides are then conducted on the regular Uber/lyft app, so you get full insurance coverage and pay normally through the app. There is a nominal Uzurv fee ($2.99, but only $.99 currently as an introductory offer).

Both Uber and Lyft offer "pre-scheduling," but those are nothing more than pre-programmed ride requests that go to the nearest driver at whatever time the computer spits out the pre-scheduled request. Nothing special, and they often result is way-early requests and cancellation fees. You are WAY better off just requesting a ride normally. Uzurv is the only real, reliable, effective pre-scheduling option.

You can check RideGuru for comparative prices for taxis, Uber, Lyft etc.

Another option (which I have never used) is a one-way car rental -- renting at the airport and dropping off somewhere onsite. We'd have to know where you are staying to know how feasible that would be, and you'd have to check several companies to see which deal was better.

I think you should consider trying for a reasonable rate for a one way rental from Sanford to ur resort. If u are able to rent a car that is on site ( I think at dolphin and also at car care center ( re ck this as it's been years) that would even be easier... I think they ll even pick u up when u go to leave... I'd call and ask for the info and hold a booking. It ll also give h an opportunity to grab anything you d need ( grocery, alcohol, whatever) with a (one way) rental car each way.
Good luck and enjoy ur visit!

Yes, Uber is a realistic option.

You might also want to consider Uzurv, because not all Uber drivers want to make a long trip like Sanford-WDW.

Uzurv allows you to place a ride request, have drivers indicate interest, be able to review driver profiles and select a specific driver, and then schedule the ride. All of those rides are then conducted on the regular Uber/lyft app, so you get full insurance coverage and pay normally through the app. There is a nominal Uzurv fee ($2.99, but only $.99 currently as an introductory offer).

Both Uber and Lyft offer "pre-scheduling," but those are nothing more than pre-programmed ride requests that go to the nearest driver at whatever time the computer spits out the pre-scheduled request. Nothing special, and they often result is way-early requests and cancellation fees. You are WAY better off just requesting a ride normally. Uzurv is the only real, reliable, effective pre-scheduling option.

You can check RideGuru for comparative prices for taxis, Uber, Lyft etc.

Another option (which I have never used) is a one-way car rental -- renting at the airport and dropping off somewhere onsite. We'd have to know where you are staying to know how feasible that would be, and you'd have to check several companies to see which deal was better.

Thank you for the info. I will definitely check Uzurv. Hadn't thought about one-way rental either so will look into that option also. 25 days to go!

We usually do the one-way rental to/from sanford. If you shop the different companies, you should find a car for $30-40 each way. Still a bargain to fly into Sanford, and you can offset that cost by stopping at walmart on the way in to load up on snacks, drinks, souvenirs, etc

But some charge a one-way penalty, inconsistently. Maybe based on inventory demands? For example, next month, we are using alamo down (to car care), and budget back (downtown disney) because that routing seemed to avoid the penalty.

But if you really dont want to drive, I've seen Quicksilver shuttle recommended here. Roundtrip service is $240 or so.

We used Tiffany Towncar from Sanford to a Disney hotel. We did it one way only. We flew home out of MCO and Tiffany would not price it as round trip, so we took a cab on departure day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter