Sandals Beaches All Inclusive Resorts For Families

ShirleyH

Earning My Ears
Although I love everything Disney, we are thinking about having a change next year and going to one of the Sandals Beaches Resorts for Families (we have two kids who will be 14 and 11 when we go). We are looking at either Beaches Negril in Jamaica or Beaches Turks & Caicos.

Has anybody been to any of the family resorts. If so, which one and what was it like. Did the kids enjoy it. Was there plenty to keep them occupied etc.

Thanks

Shirley H

I've been looking into those same two resorts. My travel agent had wonderful things to say about both of them!

Unfortunately, I don't think we're going there. We're trying to plan a vacation with my extended family, leaving the day after Christmas. I want our return to be on the 31st (I have two sons who don't want to be away from friends and girlfriends on New Years Eve). That only gives us a 5 night stay, and I'm having a heck of a time finding any resorts that don't have a 6 or 7 night minimum at that time of year.

The Beaches resorts do look wonderful, and I love the all-inclusive feature! Be sure to let us know if you decide to go!

Welcome to the DIS, Shirley!

I'd love to know more about these resorts as well. They look wonderful on the commercials. My BIL and SIL went to Negril on their honeymoon and they said inside their resort it was beautiful, but they were warned not to stray outside the resort because it wasn't safe. I'm not sure what that is all about :confused:

We went to Sandals on our honeymoon and took a day trip to Sandals Negril and it was aboslutley beautiful. I would chose Beaches Negril or Beaches Sandy Bay (located in Negril).Beaches Sandy Bay is a more quaint resort and you can still go to the Larger Beaches and use the amineities.

We got married at Beaches Turks & Caicos five years ago. It was absolutely wonderful. The beach is the most beautiful I have ever seen. I recommend it highly.

Last summer, we went to Sandals Negril, but we did not visit the Beaches there. I found that the beach is not a pretty in Negril, it is very nice, but not quite as pristine as Turks.

We are going to Negril again this year (to celebrate our 5th anniversary :D), but only because of the adults only aspect of Sandals.

One other thing, the Beaches resort is only about 15 minutes from the airport. Negril is a 2 hour, very rough ride from the Montego Bay airport unless you take a small plane flight to the Negril airport.

PM if you have specific questions. The French Village section had not been built yet when we went, so I can't be much help there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter