Sand Toys on Castaway Cay

CSHaydt

Mouseketeer
ok... how does everyone do the sand thing on Castaway Cay. My DS 6 is going to want a bucket and a shovel cause well...that's his favorite thing to do on the beach. However i personally HATE sand and don't want to carry sand toys on a plane, on the boat just to play for 3 hours on the beach - then carry all of it home.

I also don't want to send $10 on Castaway Cay for the same bucket i could buy at the dollar store.

Do they have stuff kids can play with or am i going to have to bite the bullett and take this stuff with me?

How does everyone else do it?

Thx.

I just bought some dollar store stuff to take with us, and left it at Scuttle's Cove in the bin they have at the entrance on our way back to the ship. They use them in the kid's area.

I just bought some dollar store stuff to take with us, and left it at Scuttle's Cove in the bin they have at the entrance on our way back to the ship. They use them in the kid's area.
That is exactly what we always do...spend a few dollars at the dollar store...leave them for the next kids @ scuttle's cove & then we don't have to wash & pack them again. The counselors always appreciate those donations. We have also donated games & decks of cards at the Oceaneers club on board. Hope this helps! Happy Cruising!

You could order a child's custom gift basket from The Perfect Gift and have the basket be the bucket.

I've seen lots of pictures that others have had Shirley make and they were really cute.

Thanks for the suggestion but does Scuttles cove have buckets and shovels there since so many people just leave their stuff? Or cause there are so many kids there isn't enough to go around really!

Thanks for the suggestion but does Scuttles cove have buckets and shovels there since so many people just leave their stuff? Or cause there are so many kids there isn't enough to go around really!
There might be a few...they have a bin of sand toys...they also do activities w/the kids so they stay busy...they search for "treasure coins" etc...they also take them to lunch early around 11:30 I believe. The shops do sell sand toys...not dollar store prices but reasonable...hey...it's disney!

On our first trip a YCM offered DD3 a bucket & shovel since she didn't want to stay there, which is how I found out about their stock. It will depend on what they have available at the time, and what time you go there. I wouldn't depend on it.

We just purchased toys at Castaway because with 6 people, 4 carseats, 2 suitcases, etc we didn't have any extra space to bring our own. I don't mind paying a bit more for convenience :) When we were ready to go back to the ship, we passed them on to another family on the beach.

We were there in January and they said they do not have any to hand out. I think they put all the extras at the cabanas....:lmao:

I ship mine down with a box of other things I don't really need to bring home if I don't have room for and maybe some FE stuff (or pack them-only did this when we didn't fly and we had more luggage than usual) Cheap ones! Then leave them like others have said.

I have never seen them hand them out though-my understanding is they are just extras for the kids to play with while they are at Scuttles cove, not to take out to the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter