Sanaa Time?

Indee96

Earning My Ears
We have a Tusker House reservation made for 8:15am on our Animal Kingdom day. I also have a 5pm Sanaa reservation on that day. We plan to only try the bread service and share something at Sanaa since I'm a little more picky than hubby. And....I really want to try Flame Tree. I'm wondering if I should try to change Sanaa to some time between 1:30-2:30 and have a light lunch there and then grab Flame Tree 6-6:30? Or should we keep both reservations and share Flame Tree around 1:00-2:00? And what's the best time to see the animals through the windows at Sanaa? Suggestions?

The one thing about Flame Tree is that it is a CS and is very flexible, you could always split something, if you are hungry. If you eat at Tusker house (Buffet) it may keep you full for most of the day.

That's a lot of food, even sharing it. Just make sure you are at Sanaa before sunset since after dark you aren't going to see anything.

A large part depends on the time of year you'll be there. As the PP said, you won't see animals after dark. If you're going during the summer, the darkness becomes less of an issue time-wise. If it's still getting dark relatively early, then doing TS, Sanaa, and FT all together in one day is a lot of food. Don't let the "only" bread service fool you--it's quite filling (and one of the best menu items in the World). For me, I'd likely do the lunch at Sanaa (early is better since that would increase your odds of getting a window seat) then see how I felt regarding FT later.

I honestly cannot say enough great things about Sanaa- the atmosphere, the views, the staff, and everything we ordered off the menu was delicious. Between the 'decorate-your-own-cookie' dessert and the view of the animals, my kids enjoyed Sanaa as much as we did. But, if you're at Tusker House (a buffet) for breakfast, and you want to try Flame Tree in the evening (I'd put Sanaa over Flame Tree any day, but that's just my opinion), I believe Sanaa has a lounge area where you can order light eats and cocktails. If you go this route, I highly recommend the naan bread service with all the condiments available- it's legendary for a reason, our whole family loved it! Definitely understandable about being picky, but the bread service is a great way to sample some fantastic flavors that you might not normally be exposed to- give it a try, you might be surprised! :)

We're going the first week in May and AK is scheduled to close at 8pm. Do you think it would be better to do Tusker at 8:15am, Sanaa at 2:45pm and then if we want to grab a snack or quick serve before Flame Tree close just do that? Or keep the 8:15am Tusker and 5pm Sanaa and skip Flame Tree all together?

We're going the first week in May and AK is scheduled to close at 8pm. Do you think it would be better to do Tusker at 8:15am, Sanaa at 2:45pm and then if we want to grab a snack or quick serve before Flame Tree close just do that? Or keep the 8:15am Tusker and 5pm Sanaa and skip Flame Tree all together?
I like Sanaa much better than Flame Tree. When we do a buffet, we usually only do one other (small) meal. So I would probably do the 5pm Sanaa and skip Flame Tree. If you are really hungry around lunchtime then I would get one meal at Flame Tree and split it.

Sanaa is amazing I had a reservation there at 1:30 last Wednesday and it really impressed me the bread service was delicious. My mom and I shared the bread service, the braised beef, and the paneer tikka. There was a giraffe right out the indie eating the entire town trucks were going around feeding while we were eating. We were so full after our lunch that we didn't really eat anything the rest of the day

That's a lot of food, even sharing it. Just make sure you are at Sanaa before sunset since after dark you aren't going to see anything.

so there is a possibility of seeing the animals anytime before sunset? we have a 5pm reservation also and I was afraid that would be too late so I booked lunch on another day to be sure!

so there is a possibility of seeing the animals anytime before sunset? we have a 5pm reservation also and I was afraid that would be too late so I booked lunch on another day to be sure!
We've both at lunch and in the evening before dark and have seen animals every time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter