Sanaa or Jiko?

budafam

DIS Veteran
If you had the choice (money not an option - we're on the deluxe plan)... what would you choose for your arrival night? We're staying at AKL (Kidani Villas).. I've only been to Boma, neither of these two but I want to try one.

Tough call, two of my favorites in all of WDW. But I think Jiko is #1 in the Mouse to me

But Sanaa is distinctly less expensive

If you had the choice (money not an option - we're on the deluxe plan)... what would you choose for your arrival night? We're staying at AKL (Kidani Villas).. I've only been to Boma, neither of these two but I want to try one.

Jiko is one of our top favorite restaurants in all of WDW. If you are on the deluxe plan and money is no option, JIKO 100%!! We love Sanaa too, but I would pick Jiko over it. The atmosphere is so nice, we've always had good service and the food has always been excellent. I love their wines! I love the appetizers the best, but their entrees and desserts are wonderful as well. The bread basket they bring you is delicious as well, and very different from where you will find anywhere else.
Some of my favorites are the flatbreads, beef bobotie roll, the cheese plate, the peri-peri chicken (yes, chicken that is that good enough to have out), and the short ribs...and the pork. And... lol, you get the point.
The desserts change often too, we've had several, they're all great.

I love Sanaa too, you can't go wrong there either, but if I had the deluxe DDP, no contest I'd pick Jiko.

I agree with Jiko for dinner on your first night! Great ambiance and a great menu. Bread service is yummy - we chose all naan bread because we love it so much. Sanaa would be great for a lunch - easy to see the animals on the savanna and they have amazing curries to combine with rice as well as their version of the bread service. Jiko does serve the Safari Ale, I'm sure it's also at Sanaa.

JIKO...I know we are in the minority, but we just tried Sanaa last week (at lunch) and were not "wowed" like everyone else on the boards, unfortunately.

We always enjoyed JIKO and maybe had expectations that Sanaa would be as good or similar but it couldn't be any different.

The atmosphere in Sanaa is beautiful and the bread service is good although I'd be happy with a little less oil on my naan and other dipping choices.;) I'd go for a drink and bread service again, but not so sure about the meal.

stoked we have adrs at both ...haved had and loved sanaa, was worried about jiko ...no longer :)

As others have posted, both are really good. I think I'd give the edge to Jiko though in this case.

Jiko without question....even though I love Sanaa.
You said money's no object because u
You have dxdp, but be aware that Jiko is 2 credits, Sanaa is 1.

Sanaa didnt live up to the hype for us at all. My two year old hated it because she didnt like the spice level, portions were small, we had the bread service but had we been on the regular dining plan like we usually are we would have gotten no appetizer and left hungry. It wasnt bad per say but I would never return

Just wanted to say that you really should do both since you're staying right there. I've never eaten at Jiko but it looks fantastic. Sanaa might just be my favourite restaurant in all of WDW. I love the view and the food is delicious...and what a bargain!

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately we have so many other places I want to take my dad to that we'll only be able to fit one of these in. Sanaa seems nice but a lot of people have commented on the view of the savannah and we'll have a savannah view from our room so that doesn't really sway me... Jiko it will be (and yes, I'm aware that it's 2 credits) :) Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter