Sanaa for "picky eaters"?

everythingALICE

I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I
My mom is pretty conservative in what she is willing to try. Definitely not a fan of Indian food or curry...but I still really want to try Sanaa! Is there ANYTHING there that she won't hate? Is the steak plain? Could she get the sustainable fish dish without the curry broth? Any tips would be helpful.

eventhough we were on the dining plan we veered a little off...and gald we did...the breads are GREAT...you will get two breads and three different accompaniments...so you get this great hot bread and you are able to try each bread in different sauces...

We love Sanaa, but I would say "no" on the picky eater issue.

I wanted to try this last year when traveling with dad stepmom and ds. My stepmom is the pickest eater. I told her we were going to try it. I checked the menu and there was a steak so I made the adrs.. She loved the steak saying it was the best meal of the trip (until the last night we ate at Le cellier) it was plain. I think it came with pototoes and some type of tomato salsa but that was on the side. And for the rest of you party who might not be so picky. Sanaa is so YUMMY! And if you drink wine get one of the wine flights. Have a adr for august.

Sanaa offers a plain, basic New York strip steak served with warm potato and spinach salad, tomato and golden raisin chutney. If the accompaniments sound too exotic for your mother, I suspect the restaurant can accommodate her palate and prepare the meal even simpler.

If you want to try Sanaa, have your mom check the menu herself and gauge her interest. I suspect you can eat there and make everybody happy.

I would also think that the tandoori dishes would be ok for her...it's not at all spicy - really roasted chicken in a tandoor oven. Worst case scenario, she can order from the kids menu.

I am a huge Saana fan, and at lunch they had some sort of club sandwich for the " pickier" eaters on the menu.

Also the bread service is to die for!

eventhough we were on the dining plan we veered a little off...and gald we did...the breads are GREAT...you will get two breads and three different accompaniments...so you get this great hot bread and you are able to try each bread in different sauces...

So, you don't get the breads with an entree? Do you have to order them separately and pay OOP if you are on the DDP?

DH and DD are very picky and we love Sanaa. DH gets a huge steak! There are things there that are not very exotic. I usually get the fish in the banana leaf - it's good:thumbsup2

So, you don't get the breads with an entree? Do you have to order them separately and pay OOP if you are on the DDP?

Yes..this would be something you pay extra for. There is a list of I believe 4 different breads and 4 or 5 different dips..you choose 3 of each - it's not included the way other places bring a basket of rolls to your table...it's more of an appetizer and appetizers are not included in the DDP. this is one reason we usually don't do DDP, we prefer appetizers to desserts - so then with DDP we wind up paying oop for the app and leaving over most of the dessert...I wish they'd let you choose one or the other...that would get me to do it.

Is this a picky eater question?:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

The title of this thread ( as is the other you posted on) has "picky eater" in it...so obviously this is a 'picky eater' question. Clearly, this topic bothers you...perhaps you could skip these types of threads.
Sorry OP...I am sure others here will have information that will help you with your question. :)

I'm not a big curry fan, either. I know curry is a relative term, but when I smelled the curry dishes my friend ordered, it had that curry odor that turns me off.

I did order the sustainable fish with some reservations about the curry broth. I need not have worried, because it had none of that pungent curry odor I don't like. I thought it was pretty terrific. Nice portion of fish with shrimp and scallops on the veggies in the broth.

My mom is pretty conservative in what she is willing to try. Definitely not a fan of Indian food or curry...but I still really want to try Sanaa! Is there ANYTHING there that she won't hate? Is the steak plain? Could she get the sustainable fish dish without the curry broth? Any tips would be helpful.

I am not a picky eater but do not like curry either.

The title of this thread ( as is the other you posted on) has "picky eater" in it...so obviously this is a 'picky eater' question. Clearly, this topic bothers you...perhaps you could skip these types of threads.
Sorry OP...I am sure others here will have information that will help you with your question. :)

Yes clearly it does perhaps I must.:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter