San Juan

jeppler

Mouseketeer
So, Jan 2018 will be first time for us to cruise starting out of San Juan. What's the popular ideas for hotel and transpo to the terminal if we fly in the day before? I understand it will be the Pan American terminal, not the one in Old San Juan, right? Don't need to sightsee the day we fly in, just need a convenient hotel and affordable way to get to the terminal

This should be fun, we haven't been on the Wonder in over 10 years.

Hi! I'll be watching your thread. We'd be doing the same thing (1/14/18). First time out of San Juan and the first time on the Wonder. :wave2:

We did the Southern out of PR in January 2016. Flew out the day before and stayed at Best Western Palm Condando. Booked that via Expedia. Hotels were quite pricey in general. This was in a great location. Took cab from airport to hotel. As I recall it's a "set rate" maybe $20-25. It was a block from the beach and close to many food places, stores, etc. Took cab to port on the day of the cruise. In all the ride was maybe 10 min and again $20-$25. Worked out great and would do it again. Enjoy

transportation is not an issue - Taxi from cruise terminal to OSJ last month was $20 with a tip and from OSJ to the airport was under $30. They do surcharge by number of bags ($1/bag) - so depending ... that can add up.

If you don't want to sight-see, just pick any old chain hotel between the airport and the Pan American port, beach or no beach. It's only one night - and they are pretty much interchangeable.

There's something like a Hyatt Place right near the pier. If you don't want to sightsee I'd just stay there.

We are going next Jan and looking at the marriott looks beautiful and there is a pool and beach. We will cab to the port.

I am also on the 1/14/18 cruise out of San Juan. I booked my hotel and flight for pre-cruise this past weekend. I will be booking post-cruise this upcoming weekend because it will be the earliest these can be booked. The San Sebastian Street Festival will probably be going on one of the weekends of this cruise and I noticed a lot of hotels are already completely booked. I am so excited about the cruise, but a little worried about the festival crowds and traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter