San Fran Hotels with Kids

marvel

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Just hoping that people can recommend some hotels in San Fran that
are of decent standard. There are so many it is becomming hard to work out where. Would love to hear from people and where they have stayed. Trying to find somewhere for under $200 is becomming difficult so would love any advice at all. We are going in Sept and kids are 5 and 7.

Wouldn't mind hearing which hotels to stay away from as well.

Thanks.

Hello again Marvel.

We stayed at the Argonaut Hotel which is right next to Fisherman's wharf and the Powell Hyde Cable Car.

It costs us, from memory, about $US200 per night and was the most expensive place we stayed oin our trip, but it was sensational - a restored warehouse in perfect condition with great rooms and staff in the best location. We have two girls 6 and 9, and they loved it as well.

There were cheaper rooms (we chose one with a view) but then again, we were there in december when prices would have been a little cheaper. Go direct to their website www.argonauthotel.com which promises to better ay rate you find on a discount site (and certanly did when we looked) and check out hot dates and packages. The rate doesn't include breakfast but there is a starbucks out back where you can get coffee and pastries without having to ay hotel prices.

Also, read our trip diary report of the hotel at http://www.ballofdirt.com/entries/5333/36454.html

Finally, there's another SF thread here today which also includes some hotel recommendations, including one from maryjo recommending the Holiday Inn - check that out as well

We stayed at the Argonaut as well and absolutely adored it!!! We got it from Hotwire for about $120/night. I highly, highly recommend it.

Am I right to thinking that Hotwire is the auction site where you cannot choose the hotel you bid on??

marvel said:
Am I right to thinking that Hotwire is the auction site where you cannot choose the hotel you bid on??

You can pretty much choose. If you go into betterbidding.com, they tell you which amenities match which hotel. When you find the one you want, you choose that. You don't really bid...the price is already stated, you just choose that hotel.

I did exactly that to get the Argonaut. You should go into hotwire and take a look to see if it is even there. It is the 4 star hotels in Fisherman's Wharf with amenities business centre, internet and fitness centre.

editted to add: It is available for your dates at $130 a night.

Here is the betterbidding link http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act=SF&f=431&

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter